ARK II Translations

HudiniHud

Hello!
It is good, that in ARK: Survival evolved there are a lot of languages available, so even if you don't speak English, you can play the game like anyone else. But. I noticed that the Hungarian translations are made by a robot, and noone checked the translations after. I'm not sure about the quality of the other languages, like German or Spanish, because I have never used them, but I guess they are similar to each other.
The amount of grammar mistakes, and untranslated words ruin the whole text. Just try to read an explorer note and you won't know if you should laugh, or cry. But its the same with item descriptions and loading-screen tips.

I'm not sure if there is anyone speaking Hungarian at Wildcard, but show him/her this text from the game, if there is someone: "AZ VéDETTSéG EREKLYéJE / FELSZERELHETő - Egy elsajátítását egy egyensúlyi, nem egyszerű a méreg, sem a méreg, hogy egy fenyegetés. - Only egy ilyen végezhető egy időben egy szervezet." (Artifact of the immune description)
Or another horrible Hungarian translation: "Az ajtó túl magas ahhoz, hogy lépést? Építeni egy rámpa alatt." (Loading-screen text)

Today, I wishlisted ARK II on steam, and when I started reading about what will be in the game, I recognized the same problems in the text. So my suggestion is, for ARK II, is to either change that horrible translator robot, or ask some people to translate. The game is not out yet, but once it is published, it will be harder to repair the translations, because as you add more feature and dlc's to the game, there will be more and more texts to translate, and you won't be able to catch up with them.  (There are stuff in ark1, which are still not translated, at all.) So please, if you add translations to ARK II, (which would be really cool), it should be a good, understandable translation.

Again, I only tried Hungarian translations, I don't know about the other languages. Maybe some of them is better, maybe some of them is worse, but I can definetly say, that Hungarian translations are messed up very hard.

Archived