Ark 2 ideas

BeastTamerRed

I just wanted to have my say when it came to ark 2 ideas. Not expecting my suggestions to carry much wait but I felt the need to get them out there. 

Tames: While playing ark I’ve noticed a distinct lack of amphibians in the game. Sure there are the beezlebufos and the salamanders but they are weak. I just think there’s unexplored potential there. Something a bit different then we’ve seen before. 

I’d like to see different ways of taming. Maybe even multiple ways of taming the same thing. I’ve seen taming done in Conan exiles, where you just scoop up baby animals and raise them. This appeals to me in a way. But I do like the idea of finding a cute baby creature and raising it into an absolute monster. (Maybe even having how strong it ends up being depending on how it’s been cared for and feed while growing.) 

NPCs: I’d love to see NPCs in the game if done correctly. They need to be interesting and have a purpose. Just handing out pointless side quests would be boring. I want stakes, I want looot. And merchants would be cool. I want exploring to be more rewarding and I think NPCs could be a big part of that. 

Combat: I’d love to see player melee as a more viable way of combat. Having different weapon types and buffs that make you as a player stronger. Would be fun fighting along side your tames instead of riding them all the time. It would bring a different feel to the game and could be a different play style. Having tames that buff you could be cool and it would make some shoulder pets more useful.

Archived