Disconnections Galore

starrofsuns

So, I just got this GTX Gaming dedicated server last night to use to play with my friends. It's been pretty great but it doesn't always show up so we can connect to it. Tonight, it is different. It won't let me connect at all even though I can see it in the list and I've restarted the server twice. 

The only thing I can think that it's not letting me is that I was playing around with the admin codes, flying around and spawning. Now I'm noticing there are all these code of conduct banners littered everywhere and I'm wondering if that's the problem? I don't understand these rules--it's not unfair in our game, we do it in all sorts of games like Valheim and only just for fun and to improve quality of life as it can get rather tedious after awhile. 

So that being said,

1) does anyone here have experience with GTX Gaming dedicated servers and do/don't recommend them or have an idea why it's being weird? , and

2) can anyone explain to me if Ark would care/get that involved in private servers doing what they want to do without harm/foul to each other? This is the first time I've come across a survival game with developers so...personally involved and not leaving it to the judgment of the server administrators, like myself. 

Update: It finally let me in after about 3 restarts. What is with these servers? And things that we built are missing--like it didn't save.

Archived