Expanded Pack Boost Benefits

TheDandy

Suggestion

Post Genesis 2 DLC, we have seen various changes in game mechanics due to the advent of crowd control mechanisms such as net launchers, voidwyrm, and shadowmanes. In response to the adverse impact that stunning and dismounting meta currently plaguing PVP, Wildcard has added various cool downs and immunity buffs from the mammoth. My suggestion is an addition to this mechanic.

The benefits of pack boosts are known far and wide. Damage increases, resistance increases, speed buffs, and alpha benefits. It is my honest belief that pack dinosaurs are the most under utilized dinosaurs in the PvP community. In addition to this, I know that on PvE servers pack dinos are largely used for the previously mentioned benefits, which are rarely utilized on PvP

My suggestion then, is that in addition to standard pack boosts, all pack dinos should receive some form of stun immunity. I do not believe that a full immunity is fair, and it should not be regarded as such. I believe that pack buffed dinos should only be slowed temporarily for the duration of the typical stun effects, and riders should not be dismounted unless the dino is fully immobilized, IE plant Y, bear trap, net launchers, action by another player or player mounted dinosaur. This proves to be beneficial to both PvE and PvP players. Say for example you are out to hunt shadowmanes, but the dismounting action is lethal and you can't have a mammoth on hand. The obvious advantage is to use pack dinosaurs! Direwolves, hyaenadons, allosaurus, kentrosaurus, so and and so forth. I also believe that the only pack dinosaurs that should be excluded from this are shadowmanes, as in the current pvp meta, it is incredibly broken.

Here's an applicable PvP example:

Deinonychus are pack dinosaurs largely used to raid caves in which they fit. In an already difficult PvP meta, the advent of stun/dismount mechanics have brought this to a whole new level of difficulty. By slowing down the deinonychus with the stun rather than fully stopping and dismounting them, both sides get a chance to either defend or attack without one side getting an overwhelming advantage.

Another PvP example:

Allosaurus are by far the most disadvantaged pack dinos in the game. Only the alpha receives pack benefits, and the roar does nothing. The thylacoleo has largely replaced the allosaurus as the premier bleed dino. By incorporating this change, allosaurus will become a choice dinosaur yet again for bleeding, as the biggest issue when it comes to stopping a full push is bleeding the high health tanks and getting dismounted completely during these situations.

In conclusion, I believe wildcard should expand pack benefits to include resistance to stun and dismount mechanics to give players a bigger reason to use pack dinosaurs

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived