fanfiction Ark Survival Evolved, Day one to 317+, 2015

rpicardi1

This is a story of the game play when Ark Survival Evolved was released early June of 2015.  It is an interesting comparison to the history of what the game was like in those early days compared to today. Enjoy.

From the first days in June of 2015 when Single Player became available. These are the days of the low level creatures and what is currently considered as 0.25X settings for leveling, taming, gathering, and XP.

Ark Survival Evolved. The game sure taxes the system. Am playing it as single player. Have a nice base against a cliff partially protected by a big rock. (Lave Cave entrance.) Good thing, three Dilos moved into the area while I was Dodo hunting for hide. One jumped me from behind while I was collecting hide and spit on me. Managed to kill it. Found the other two near my base just before dark and took them out with the spear. This is day 7 in the game. I am one hide short of making the spawn bed so if my character gets killed, he will return to where there are ready spare supplies. Should get that on the next hunting trip.

Day 10. Haven't been killed yet in the game. Got the spawn bed made, gloves, and boots repaired. Also placed a box for wood at the campfire. They finally fixed the bug on freezing to death while sitting next to the campfire. The campfire uses about 25 wood and gives 20 charcoal during all night. Graphics are getting better as it optimizes. A green supply drop was nearby but my character can't access it yet. The one Periodontal is still hanging along the beach but is no threat. Those spitters you have to watch out for. Next level up I can get the mortise and pedestal and craft narcotics so I cam make use of the spoiled meat and preserve the narcoberries. There is an undocumented recipe for night vision called Shadow Steak. There is also one for 15 minutes of oxygen underwater, useful for reaching underwater caves and collecting oil, and one for rapid healing. Those are later in the game.

Knocked out two dilos at range with the slingshot. That works very well even though it is a bit hard to gauge aiming. They could have been tamed but not ready to do so yet to make them guard dogs. When ready, I'll have a stock of raw meat and narcos. Broke a spear on a Dodo. Made up three spares. Had a female turtle hang around camp all night. Got a good stock of wood, thatch, fiber, and spare items in three chest. May look at setting another base further along the coast. Want the mortar and pestle and recipe for narcotics storage. Narcoberries and spoiled meat only keep for about a day.

Day 11, Ran into a tough Dilo that wouldn't knock out with the slingshot. Got the mortar and pedestal to save the spoiled meat and narco berries to long storage narcs. A huge Brontosaurs is stomping around near the camp along the shoreline. Don't spawn anywhere near the North Shore. It is swarming with packs of dilos, rapiers, Carnos, Crocs, T-Rexes, sabertooths, and giant eagles that all want you for lunch.

Day 12, level 11. Getting a good stock of hides. Also narcos and stims crafted from the berries so they don't spoil. Have made spark powder and can make gun powder. Also a flare gun. This turtle is stuck between a bush and a tree. Can't pick the bush and using an ax or pick on the tree risks hitting it. Since it will attract any predators near camp, I am leaving it alone for now. The Brontosaurus, Parasaurs and Triceratops are hanging around the cove. Upgraded the beach house with sides and a roof and a storage box for the fire there. Have actually collected 5 metals from the shoreline rock.

Ark Day 14. Built a second camp behind rocks along the corner of the inlet. Trikes and a Brontosaurs have been hanging around there keeping the dilos at bay. a supply cashes dropped on the hill close by. It was a good one with two fire pits, two expensive to craft sleeping bags, and an assortment of berries. Left half in the crate at camp 2 and raced for the main camp as darkness approached. No Dodo birds around. Attacked by a pack of 3 dilos and took them out but got spit on by number 3 during the fight. Could only find the one after I was able to see but must of harvested the other two in the fight that broke all three spears as I used the hatchet and had 12 raw meat. Leveled up and got the cooking pot set up. Good thing I had a lot of stone stored in the main camp as it took 65 of them to set up. Have a water sack built. The turtle is still around. Surprisingly, the Dildos didn't attack it. (The same three spawned in that area 6 game days ago.) Plan to complete camp 2 and hang out there for a couple of game days harvesting resources.

Ark day 15. Configured my emergency resupply box in case of death and respawn. The box contains basic clothes, weapons, and tools. Crafted more stims and narcs from the berries. More screenshots of the campsite and the trapped turtle. The male is fishing in the nearby sea. I have pic of the little seaside cottage which also has a small stash of goodies. Tomorrow, looking at finishing the bay camp, do some hunting, and possibly taming the turtles to aid in carrying stuff.

Ark day 16. Bushwacked by a new spawned dilo while gathering wood in the morning. managed to hack it to death with the ax. The morning hunt got 7 dodos and a trapped turtle. Not the one at camp. Took 8 stones to knock out and a lot of hacking to kill a level 2 turtle. Not worth much for meat or hide. The dodos can yield up to 7 hides and 4 meat. That needs to be fixed in the game. I now have a trike trapped in a tree near camp. That will be an easy tame when I level up enough to tame and saddle it. They are massive berry and wood harvesters. More game screen shots.

Ark day 17. Headed North along the beach dodo hunting. Could not save the trapped turtle so harvest it for food, hide, and keretan. Did the same with a second one that took a lot more to kill. Avoided some dilos further on. No Phiomias yet. A dodo spawned near camp during the night. Will have to watch for Dilos doing the same. The big rock is good for climbing to the top to use to scout for trouble. Can slingshot from there as well. Two more level ups before I can craft a bow and stone arrows. Early morning surveying the terrain below where the Dodo moved in.

Ark day 18. Wiped out three high level dilos. They are tough but getting the experience how to take them out with a spear or slingshot and sidestep the spit. Guess what is out the front door of the camp all night? Actually the Brontosaurus stomping around the beach by the stuck trike.

Ark Day 20. Set a small base on the cliff overlooking my base camp. Spotted a T-Rex across the inlet eating a turtle, stay far away from there. The Level 14 Trike is loose thanks to the Bronto that knocked down the tree. A level 11 spitter got into the area during the night and had to dispatch that before before closing down the game for the day. Those take several close hits with the spears to kill plus having to duck their blinding spit. Wreaked my boots that had to be repaired. Getting a good stock of items including hides and some rare metal for later crafting. #3 shot shows the T-rex. The last shot the spitter near the trike.

Ark day 22. Have the bow and arrow. Moving the camp to inside the cave before my visitor steps on it. The level 14 trike is stuck in another tree again. Crafted a bow and a spare. Have 22 arrows for each. Will be farming a lot more flint for arrows. I do have 40 pieces stored in lockers as they are also used to make spark powder needed for stimulants and gun powder.

Ark day 23. harvested a pile of wood, flint, and other items in preparation to building the cave base. Will be placing a wood wall with door in the back and one in the entrance. Once done, I will move the base. Crafted 45 more arrows for the spare bow in the go box. That and the spawn bed will remain in the original base camp. The rest will be packed up and moved once the walls are built. No hunting done this day. Will be leveled up very shortly so I can get the wood construction items. Pica, the nightly visitor and the latest update to Ark.

Ark Day 23. Successful hunting trip although it took 16 arrows to the head to kill a turtle and only recovered two. harvested 7 dumb dodos up on the hill over the camp. No predators up there although there was a spitter down by Camp 3.

They need to fix this bug. There is no way my character should be freezing to death next to the fire with a lit torch.

Ark day 24. Spent the day moving supplies and harvesting wood. The purple wing Pteranodon flew into the cave and was stuck in there for a while. Spent the night in the cave crafting foundations and walls from wood with the spare stuff. It gets cold in the cave entry area at night. Both a fire and standing torch wards off the cold as I can craft items in safety. Stocked a spare bow and 45 stone arrows from the extra flints. Also extra crates for when I make the major move of the mortar and pestle and cooking pot. Unfortunately, they have to be destroyed and rebuilt with a loss of materials. At least, the Bronto can't step on anything in there and most other dinos are too big for the entrance. Soon as I can figure where, I will build the two walls. Will keep the spawn bed and go box where they are in the current base camp to avoid the cave bug when first loading the game.

The first and most important rule in this game at all times, watch your six. Too easy to get busy and have a spitter or worse ambush your player from behind. hardest items to find in this game, narcoberries. Since they spoil so quickly, it becomes important to have some spoiled meat, which can also parish over time, on hand to craft the more potent narcotics, along with tranc arrows, for use in future taming.

Ark day 25. Wiped out three trapped turtles. They are not safe to spear even trapped. Took a ton of arrows on the level 12 got most back. Got enough hide to craft a Parasaur saddle. There are two hanging around my campsite now. Will need tranc arrows as they will run away with the first stone I hit them with to knock them out. Started placing the wall in the back of the cave. Need a bunch more wood to finish. Wall goes three fenced high. Standing torch gives warmth, light, and uses little wood.

Picture north of camp up on the hill. The Parasaur by camp. The current update on Ark.

Ark day 26. A pack of spitters near camp in the evening. Took out two with arrows but got ambushed by two more of his friends. Fighting blind with the spear and took quite a beating. Almost was killed. Harvested three couldn't find the fourth. There is a fifth near the cove camp. May get or try to tame that one if I can get some raw meat first. Four Parasaurs nearby as taming prospect. Have to get tranc arrows to catch them as they will run away. Stupid turtle took 26 stone arrows and several jabs with the spear to kill. It was a higher level that gave up a lot of meat, hide, and keritan. Also 7 Dodos up on the ridge. That jungle nearby looks very unsafe. Also a big fight across the inlet. Finished the wall for the cave. Will start moving everything into the cave base except for the go box and spawn bed.

Ark day 27. Killed that other spitter with three arrows. Also 4 Dodos for meat and hide. Two more turtles stuck in trees at the cove but left them as they were high level and mate boosted. Found I can slide down the cliff from high camp safely. All that is up there are rocks for flint and dodos to hunt. Most of the wood, fiber and berries along the coast. Got enough narcoberries for six narcos. Had enough spoiled meat for crafting. Placed a door at the cave wall and a second torch at the entrance. Nearly froze to death standing close by the fire and standing torch while holding on to a torch. they need to fix that bug. Two more level ups and I can craft narc arrows to knock out a Parasaur to tame. Still need to move the camp to the cave before it gets stepped on.

Ark day 28. Concentrated on gathering berries, wood, fiber. Need much more thatch. Ready to move to the cave.

The laptop got the character to spawn in Zone 1 East by deleting the player file. The graphic card crashed after 30 minutes. I know it didn't save the current stats. Card crashes upon entering the game so may need an update or may need to delete the character file. Definitely need to craft the ax before the spear as the pick is a poor harvester of much needed wood in the early game state. I will place home camp in the rocks where I have camp two in the current game. It is well sheltered by the rocks and the seaside cliff from the predators.

Ark day 29. Joe Six Pack on the laptop now works thanks to an update. He is in the seaside cliff camp as is shown in the pix below. Gathering continues with 5 more narcs and tons of Azulberries and Mejuberries in storage ready for taming. Continuing to move supplies into the cave base. Will place a spawn bed inside the entrance and eventually destroy the cliff side base for salvage. Note third person view on cliff side and cave base. Standing torches are very wood efficient using a couple of pieces compared to the 25 the firepit consumes. Firepit usually used for cooking and extra warmth.

Ark day 30. Another level up. Enough narco berries collected for five more narcs. No spitters in the area. Lots of trikes, turtles and peradons. sharks in the ocean. Grabbed a supply drop early AM day 31. Good thing no spitters as I ran to it before it despawned. Three sleeping bags, a fire pit, some spark powder, and a bunch of assorted berries. Sorting out the crates. One for spare weapons, one for crafted items, one for berries, one for seeds, one for sleeping bags and saddles, the rest for wood and fiber.

Ark day 31. Nearly ready to level up to get the tranc arrows. Gathering more resources from the bay camp area and stocking the high cliff camp. I can safely slide down the steep cliff to reach the cave camp. The night time is a good time to organize the storage containers in the cave camp while staying close to the fire, cook any meat, craft extra items, fix tools and clothing, and craft narcs and spark powder. By the time all of that gets done, daylight is coming around. Turned off the volumetric clouds and gained some frame rates to make the game more playable.

Ark day 32. Spotted a green drop as I was heading in the opposite direction to collect rare narco berries. It contained two parachutes, somewhat useless for now, a bow, 46 stone arrows and 16 valuable tranc arrows. Unfortunately, the Parasaur I had observed days ago was not in the area although I could take on a higher level male. Stocked the top cliff side with the spare bow and arrows along with clothes and other weapons. Six dumb dodos ended up as meat and hide. So far, the spitters are nowhere to be found. Now have Level 20 and the engram for the tranc arrow and a rapier saddle. Also the big storage bin. May want to go looking for one if I can spot one alone and have a bunch of raw meat on hand. It tends to spoil quickly. Have 14 narcs on me and 52 more in storage. The stores will be needed since once you use a narc arrow, it recovers as a stone arrow.

Found out a Trike saddle is available. I know where a low level Trike is stuck in trees. While much slower then the Parasaur, these tanks can carry a lot and defend themselves against predators. Will definitely go after one and be prepared for a long tame. I have the narcs and mejoberries in stock.

Ark Day 34. Say hello to Mike the Trike. He was a bit unexpected when he attacked as I was knocking out a level three stuck in the tree. He also became stuck as I took him down with narc arrows. The game has implemented dino damage as Mike took quite a beating, his health was way down, along with I had to run back for Mejoberries and trancs, the taming process took over an hour. Was there all night and into noon the next day. Had enough materials back in the cave base to craft a saddle for him. He won't fit in the cave. Had a bit of a problem getting him unstuck as I couldn't get on him until I crouched and crawled under him. Anyhow, there is the first pet. A bit slow, but built like a tank that can carry a lot of weight.

Additionally, another drop took place nearby. Collected a bunch of stuff but stashed it in the box at the cliff camp. Use its spare firepit and torch for light and warmth overnight. No predators but a pesky parasaur.

About 20 minutes of riding Mike the Trike to test out his harvesting abilities. This is far faster yielding four times the berries per swipe then by hand. Got enough narcoberries for 7 narcs in short order, also lots of berries. Will use him on the next session to gather more berries, knock out the Level 3 trike stuck near where Mike was, tame it for a pack animal, recover the drop supplies stored in camp 2, grab a ton of wood and thatch, and finish the cave move. Mike has leveled up while gathering berries.

Having pets in this game is a big plus. They can be very useful.

Ark day 35 and 36. Meet Terry the Trike. Even though Level 3, it was still a long tame but much cleaner as the tranc arrows did less damage. Took three of them. While the taming took place, Mike was kept busy harvesting berries and wood. Brought the stuff back from camp 2 on Terry and transferred the saddle to him since Mike was packing lots of stuff. Also let me level up Terry. A level 14 female kept hanging around during the taming process. That may take too long to knock out and tame.

A Spitter showed up near camp by the caves where the Trikes were parked. Soon as I hit it with an arrow, Terry ran over and speared it with his horns with Mike on his tail. They just proved their value as protectors as well as armored mounts.

Tribolites have now appeared. They scurry along the beach in and near the water. Ugly things yield chitlin and oil.

Ark Day 37 A Game Bug Disaster. Make note, Don't exit the game while in the cave. There was no floor so not only was Halsey killed by falling into the center of the lava, everything on him was lost.

Respawn to the bed at the original camp, gather the bug out supplies, went to the cave, and destroyed the spawn bed in there. Got the second bow and crafted 15 narc arrows from supplies, grabbed the already crafted Parasaur saddle and spare torch, hopped on Terry and headed to the location of the trapped Parasaur.

That one was a Level 18 and took 5 tranc arrows to knock out. A key to controlling damage was to retrieve the arrows before accessing inventory and placing Narco Berries and Mejoberries also Azulberries. A 3/4 hour tame due to the high level in which he bonus 2 more levels by the time the tame was complete at 2:00 AM game time. Rode Perry the Parasaur back with Terry and Mike following. He is not anywhere the berry picker that the Trikes are. An interesting day due to the bad spawn game bug. At least the spare items worked out. Will need to restock the bug out box.

Ark Day 38. Spent the day gathering up materials to replace those lost in yesterday's game bug. Used Perry for gathering flint, stone, fiber, Dodos, and Tribolites. Took Terry out for a narco berry run. The pesky Bronto is constantly in the way near camp. And verified that because my inside place was over the cave data load point, that was the cause of the missing floor that caused my character to fall through the world to his incineration below.

Ark Day 39 and 40. Took Perry out to the point camp to retrieve spare clothing. Took out a Spitter hanging around there which gave me a lot of hide. A level 4 female Trike hanging around camp. Put the boys on Passive and tranc arrow the female. Took 5 arrows. Even though the tame was clean with low damage and well above 50% effectiveness, it took over an hour and a half. Fortunately, much of the vegetation had regenerated around the camp, so Terry was kept busy harvesting Narco and Mejo berries. So, say hello to Tina the Trike who has Mate Boosted both the males. Had enough hide to craft a second Trike saddle which is on Tina to get her leveled up. It is now late evening on the 40th so I quit in the hut. Will head for the cave next session, bring the tribe and park them there, light the standing torches, and unload all the un needed berries for storage.

Ark day 41. Went out on a wood gathering expedition but not much wood gathered. Perry not much good at attacking things so place him under the trikes protection. Git Tina stuck in a tree and had to chop it down without hitting her. Spotted a white drop and raced to it. Items were worthless so left them. Wiped out three spitters with Tina - one head butt was all it took to kill them. Got their hide. A tribolite, hard to kill, gave me some silica pearls. As I was at the point, harvested a bunch of wood as evening was approaching. Then, notice that Terry was missing. As he has one of the Trike saddles on him the priority was to find where he went. Traced my path back, no Terry. Took out some more spitters and five Dodos. Back to the beach to head for camp, Terry shows up glad to see us. Apparently he tried to shortcut when I was chasing after the drop and slid down the cliff by camp. Unloaded what I gathered, stocked up the torches and fire, sorted out the stash, crafted a bunch more arrows and a bow for the cave spares, and back to camp one to end the one hour day. All four pets leveled up at least once, some twice on day 41. Will try to get to the jungle edge for more wood next day.

Ark day 42 and 43. Meet Tricia the Trike. I now have my four trikes, 2 males and 2 females. Note, don't try to remove trees they are trapped in during tame, it causes damage. Anyhow, tame took the usual hour. Only took Terry and left the other pets at the base. No spitters in the area as I wiped them out the day before. Gathered wood and other items during the tame. Also Terry gathered well over 100 narcoberries during the tame, so a good stock to convert all spoiled meat into narcs for arrows. Will build a refining forge as soon as I have the hides. It will work with the Smitty for crafting metal tools. Have to reach level 25 to get it. Will work on getting metal when possible. The Lava cave doesn't have any in the safer regions. Some complain about too long a night cycle. I use the night cycle for crafting and repairing in the cave. I park the tribe outside with two lit torches. Lighted torches are usually enough for heat inside and use very little wood.

Ark day 43. Taking the tribe out can be a bit of a pain as they get stuck into each other so I can't pick one to ride. Solution, just take a mated pair along and use one as a pack animal. Tricia is getting leveled up since I ride her and use her for berry harvesting. Gathered stone and wood for the smelting furnace. Just need 17 more hides. Much of the vegetation has regenerated around the camp area. Have tons of berries including over 140 narco berries. Converting them to narcs as quickly as there is spoiled meat to process them. Put a large storage chest outside the cave by the night torch for quick unloading of the trike during forging.

Ark day 44 Took Mike and Tina out for a spin. Gathered flint and rare metal as well as kill more Dodos. No spitters to be found. Built the refining forge and placed it on the wood foundation in the cave base. Have 40 metals. Put 20 in the forge which gave 10 metal ingots. Saving those when I can get the Smitty and craft a metal ax and pick. More hunting tomorrow to get more hide as I am all out. More views above the cave base on the cliff.

Ark day 45. No metal in the rocks today. Traveled up the south inlet and wiped out a pack of three spitters with the trike. Nike took out one while Tina got the other two. Noticed that they don't attack Trikes but they will attack a Parasaur. Also a level 20 turtle which doesn't yield much of anything. Ended the trip due to the presence of a T-Rex chewing up on three brontos across the inlet. You can see the carnage in the pic. My pest is near there as well. Gathered berries on the way back. Took Perry for a quick spin to check on a blue drop. Couldn't access it as it was a Level 25 and I am still at Level 23. Spoiled 10 meat by splitting them to single stack so I could craft 10 narcs. Stupid freezing cold wave hit in morning but stayed warm enough with the fire, torch, and standing torch set in a triangle. Had to wait for the raw meat to spoil anyways.

Ark day 46. Conducted an expedition North. Murdered a turtle by exploiting hitting from both sides with trikes. Worked much better as Mike finished the job. Wiped out two spitters. Found a drowned pteranodon and harvested it for hide. Lots of Trikes roaming to the North along the beach. The trikes are good at getting resources from the driftwood and dead palms. 2 metals and some silica pearls. May try crafting dyes but would have to place the cooking pot by the water or craft several waterskins to fill just before heading to the cave for the night. I have the recipes for doing so along with lots of charcoal.
Ideally taking two trikes out works best as taking all four there are issues with them getting stuck in each other or in trees.

Ark day 47. Kept busy using the Trikes to harvest those ugly tribolites for chitin and oil sometimes meat. Got a bunch of them as I patrolled the beach to the point, then inland around the loop. One metal out of the rocks high up. No spitters around. Have enough meat on hand to try taming one as a guard dog should the opportunity present itself. The commands have updated again along with the settings including those for dino damage. Decided turtles are not worth killing for resources. They are hard to kill and drop little meat, hide and chitin.

Ark day 50. Trikes are leveling up nicely. Switched the saddles back to the boys to get them leveled up more. Cleaned out most of the useless turtles in the area. Have got down the stragity to get both trikes working together to quickly kill higher level turtles. They are yielding much better resources with the updates. Frame rates better as well. Should be level 25 soon and able to craft metal tools. Expanding my range as I forge for rare items such as metal in rocks. Started the game from where I left off on the laptop. It loaded in as fast with this latest update.

Ark day 52. Tina laid an egg. Really! Will have to watch that it doesn't get stepped on. Level 25. Note inventory now has a metal pickax and a crossbow. Will test both out next trip. Need more raw metal to get the ax and pike. The Pike will be first priority.

Ark day 54. Tested out the metal tools. They are more efficient but will wear out slowly. Some refined metal is vanishing on me. I'll have to keep it out of the Smithy since it is so hard to get. Did make the pike. It is efficient at killing Tribolites. The Crossbow hits harder and faster then the standard bow. Placed my sign at the cave.

Ark day 56. Saw one of the new flying reptiles on the beach in the water. Tricia went nuts when Mike speared it. It went down in the water where I couldn't find it. Refined metal is vanishing in the Smithy. Could have crafted an ax with what has vanished. So, no leaving that hard to come by resource in there. Set up a East zone 2 base by a cliff with thatch hut, campfire, box, and standing torch. No supplies other then wood for the fire. Harvested large amounts of wood to build a Dodo pen for egg collection. So far, just crafting the foundations and fence. Lousy weather on day 56. Got so foggy that it was hard to see. There are three turtles and two trikes stuck in trees near Zone 2 camp. Have a rapter saddle. There should be some in the jungle above the cliff if the You Tube videos are correct. Only one spitter and lots of tribolites along the shore. The area has turtles, parasaurs and trikes. Bad weather shots and a closeup of what has to be the dumbest creature that ever existed.

Ark day 58. More prep to build a dodo pen. Have enough foundations and walls crafted for a pen. Was riding Perry and spotted a spitter attacking a parasaur on the inlet beach. Took him back to the base and got the trike pair. It was long gone so wiped out the spitter with Terry. (It didn't stand a chance against an angry trike.) BTY, there are two trike eggs in storage. Have the cooking pot at the beachfront hut. No Narcoberries for black or some colors. Will grab the charcoal, wood, berries, and gunpowder to make some dyes.

Ark day 60. built the 5x5 Dodo pen two layers high from thatch. Also, crafted a bunch of various colors of dye from the beach camp. When I do more, I will take a lot more charcoal down to that cooking pot. Crafting dyes goes much faster when it is raining as you don't have to run down to the beach for more water. Raided a drop for spare items. It dropped a flare gun, hatchet, spear, slingshot, and misc stuff. Tomorrow, I will clear a path to where the other drop occurs in the edge of the jungle. Will watch out for a rapiter.

Ark day 62. New critters added to the game. Pushing further up the coastline. The T-Rexes are still battling the Brontos. One of them was killed but all three Brontos also died. Looks like rapters and carnos there as well. An area to avoid. More dyes crafted. Lots of narcs in storage. Enough metal now to craft an ax. two more eggs collected. Another foggy day, another deep freeze at dark that interfered with inventorying items. Perry and Mike leveled up twice. All 5 pets well stocked with their favorite food. Should go tame a female parasaur now that I have wiped out all the spitters harassing them on the point.

Ark day 66. Say hello to Patricia the Parasaur. Tame went well. Spent the rest of that day with the Trikes gathering stuff. Next day was spent greatly enlarging the Dodo pen into a large corral for the pets. Had more then enough resources gathered to build Thatch walls. Installed a Dino gate and brought them all inside. Repaired the pike and crafted a hatchet from metal.

Ark day 68. Things went well using the metal ax and taking Patricia out for a ride. Later, took the two trikes to set up a base by the river. Decided to place it on the path down. No sooner then got it done and I had to leave the area in a hurry. Looks like I will be forced to go T-Rex hunting to remove what is going to be a serious threat to the pets at cave camp. If I am lucky, I can kite it from the cliff side with narc arrows and then pike it to death.

Ark day 71. Day 68 went fine. The T-rex moved back up the river so went gathering along the point. Unfortunately Tricia aggravated the pesky bronto and ended up being killed when he fell on her. RIP Tricia.

Anyhow, found a trapped level 26 female trike by the beach on the point. Being late evening, went back to base camp, grabbed a stock of narcs and mejoberries and headed back with a lonely Mike the Trike. Took 7 narc arrows to knock her out. BTW, a level 26 trike is a long tame, nearly 2 hours. Used tons of narcoberries and mejos which I kept busy on Mike harvesting close by. Level up 4 bonus levels on the tame. So, say hello to Trixie the Trike.

Ark day 72. Extended the wall to three high. low on fiber so went gathering that. Crafted a bunch more dyes during the night on the beach this time with gunpowder in the pot. That gives a different mix of colors. Took a pair of Trikes with saddles for the excursion and gathering. Pic inside the corral. Time to take the Parasaurs out for a stroll tomorrow when I hunt Trilobites along the beach. There are several wild Parasaurs roaming around the main camp area. So long as they are around, it means that there are no predators nearby.

Ark day 75. Guess what dropped in off the cliff on the morning of day 75? This is why I worry should a T-Rex prowl around up there. Given it is a level 3 female, it is a candidate for a tame but could take 2+ hours according to the Wiki. 200 hide for a saddle.

Ark day 77. Set the game to do tame on 2X. Went after the Stego. Took a lot of backwards running and 7 tranc arrows to the head. She wreaked my seaside base wiping out the fire pit, cooking pot, and two torches. The Wiki is wrong on the Rockarrot seed. She prefers Mejoberries of which I had access to enough. Tame went well as I rebuilt the damaged items and had the cooking pot replaced by evening. Brought out Trixie to keep guard and made dyes during the night. Had just enough hide to craft the saddle for Stacy the Stego. Good thing I made the dino pen big enough.

And, Yes, she is a much better harvester then the trikes but v e r y slow. That tail nearly killed a pesky wild parasaur in two wacks before it ran off.

Ark day 79. Took Perry out for a metal run. Got 10+ Replaced a metal pick ax. Took Stacy out for a huge berry run. Her tail is wicked hitting two snoopy parasaurs close by. Will have to be extra careful around Trikes and Brontos until her health and stamina is built up. Crafted a ton of dye with the berry harvest. A drop of mostly useless items. Placed them in the crate at the beach.

Ark day 81. Took the trikes on a trip. another supply drop of low level stuff but all useful. Spotted a later drop up river and went down the path to where the T-Rex had been. It was long gone but the pig creatures were down there. Drop was in the water which was full of Mega Parana. Not good, abandoned that attempt as it was too far out and too many hungry paranas to mess with. Later run on foot with lots of Tribolites and dodos to harvest. More eggs in the storage box. Have a preserving bin working to make meat jerky. May expand the pen further. Am stocking up on construction panels.

Ark day 83. Built a second preserving bin to keep the eggs, meat, rare berries, and perishable seeds. The sparkpowder needed to run the bins is easy to come by as well as uses a unit an hour per bin. Packed up a bunch of prefabricated materials for a foundation, dino gate, fence, and standard doorway and transported it on Trikes to the river camp. Place it in storage until I can place the barrier to keep the carnos off the ridge above my main base. That is how Stacy found her way to my base a couple of days ago from across the river. I don't need to have to deal with a T-Rex that way but have a plan where I can kite it while using the cave for protection. Tranc arrows should easily knock it out so I can safely hack it to death and not risk fighting with the Trikes. Have a stock of 50 spare tranc arrows stashed in the cave with a spare bow. Anyhow, the river ramp base was very quiet. Just a stuck ankylosaur and some of those pig creatures near by. Completed the T-Rex wall. Had enough materials there to complete a longer then expected wall. So, the cliffside is now secure from the predator infested river. A wood dino gate will allow passage to the valley below to gather resources there.

Ark day 85. Wall was completed on the pass along the river. Took the two trikes to harvest wood and fiber. Saw another stego along the shore way North. Later, took Tricia out to gather more fiber and hide. Soon as I get to Level 35, it is time to tame a bird. There are a couple close to the base. Will soon have enough hide for a saddle for one. Then, I can fly to the volcano to get valuable metal and crystal. As they eat meat, I have been stocking it up in the preserving bin. Will build a feeding trough so I don't have to keep such a large stock of berries on all the pets when they are in the corral. Area has been very quiet. No spitters for days.

Ark day 87. The wall is now four levels high along with the corral. Now Level 30 but need more hide to craft a saddle for a bird. Need to wait until one lands close to the base and narc arrow it before it flies off. They have in the past. Something scrambled the pets in the corral when I was gone with Terry. The girl trikes were all huddled together. Built a shelter in the corral so I can park my character there when I exit the game. Perry is peaking in the door. A view of the 8x16 corral from the cliff. There is a wild trike roaming nearby. Another female Stego is north on the ridge. Still no spitters showing up. The T-Rex hasn't been around on the river either. Built a feeding trough and placed it in the corral. The Preserving Bin is doing a good job of keeping highly perishable meat and narco berries.

Ark day 89. Something rearranged the pets in the pen again while I was gone. A parasaur attacked me instead of running away. How is that possible? She left an egg near my base camp. Trixie made short work of her after I speared her. Ready to tame a bird as soon as one is close to camp. Could have got one but was too far from camp to grab the meat stock. Visit the river via the gateway. All fairly normal there. Pics of the wall I built to keep any T-rexes from the cliff. So far, none in the area.

Ark day 92. Say hello to Tommy the Pteranodon. Took a couple of days to find one that landed close by. Turned out it was the level 2 male I saw days before. Only one narc arrow to knock out. Even with 2X it was almost an hour to tame. They don't carry much weight so wasn't sure I would be able to fly one. Got a saddle on it and took it for a spin. So long as you don't fly fast, the stamina holds up well. As their landing is skittish and they are known for not always staying at accessible ground level, I will leave the metal tools except for the pickax at the base. Too easy to get stranded somewhere should he spook and take off. Anyhow, some good exploring coming up tomorrow. And, three spitters showed up on the point, so good thing I didn't take Perry or Patricia to look for birds. Only had to contend with a pesky parasaur that I punched in the side to get him to take off.

Ark day 95. Did an areal survey for a fellow survivor to locate tribolites. There were none to be found in his area but lots of spitters. If you land the Tommy properly, he doesn't run off before stopping. Found one of the pig creatures on the beach during a wood run, lots of meat and hide on them. Doubled the size of the dino pen so there is a lot more room with a gate on both ends. This gives Tommy a good landing zone near the center away from anything that may get close to the outer wall. Will start building an irrigation pipeline from the sea to the dino pen. Then, it won't be necessary to camp on the beach to craft dyes. Some good items from a drop as well. Spare tools and a bed. Weather on day 95 was just lousy. Cold, rain and fog.

Ark day 98. Spitters are showing up on the point. Stacy's tail is nasty on them. A Carno is patrolling the north end by the camp there. It has taken out several herbivores on that end. Looks like it is time to take a trike pair saddled up and go get rid of it before it comes to the camp. The irrigation system is in. Need to get the plots in place and plant some rare seeds. The compost is ready.

Update on day 98. The Carno threat is over. On the laptop, I took my two strongest Trikes, saddled both, and went hunting. Rode Trixie with Mike following. When I got close enough to the Carno, he got interested and ran in to attack. Just before he could bite, he got a face full of horns followed by a second and Mike's horns as well. It was over in seconds. I don't think that either trike suffered any injury in the attack. The carno dropped two prime meat which unfortunately spoiled before I could get it into the preserving bin. Will continue from there this evening. May explore building the raft which is now available for the game.

Ark day 100. The carno threat is over. The trike pair head butt it out of existence. Took the other two out for a wood and metal gathering spin. Mostly Dodos killed. The wall is doing its job as it repels a pesky Bronto. Took Tommy for a recon of the south island. Landed on the player's area. No tribolites to be found. Spitters further South. The island seems to contain mostly parasaurs, trikes, stegos, and phemomas. Didn't see any predators. Stacy sent two more spitters flying. Have built the raft. It weights 75 pounds in the inventory. I will place supplies on it before sailing to the island to fully explore it. May be able to take Perry on the raft with me. The raft is still experimental, so don't know if the bugs are all out. At least, the Megadalons no longer attack it.

Ark day 102. All supplies for the raft have been transferred to the point base for assembly. Will do that next session and sail to the island to set up a base there. I can use the spawn beds to transfer between bases but not any stuff. Check out the new outfits on Mike and Perry.

Ark day 104. Built the raft, loaded it with supplies and set sail for South Island. Parked in the cove and built a base with a spawn bed and go box supplies. The island is peaceful with ankylsaurs, parasaurs, stegosaurs, those pig things, and some brontos. No carnivores. Now, North island, the one with the cave, is a nightmare of T-Rexes, eagles, carnos, and spinos. Speaking of, the T-rex is back across the point tearing up on the herbivores there. Did a complete fly around of the island since it is safe to land Terry there most anyplace. Will go spitter hunting tomorrow for their hide. They are back on the point. Current stats of my player and the game.

Ark day 107. Crop plots in and planted. White drop gave a complete thatch hut. After nearly getting killed at the blue drop in the mega pharnia infested waters, it only had a useless crafting blueprint for a water bottle. The thatch hut was loaded onto the raft. painted the thatch doors on the dino pen pink so I can see them. Why pink? I just have a lot of that color in the paint locker. Check the coloration on this wild stego.

Ark to day 110. Tried to tame a parasaur on the island but they kept running into the water. So, went back and brought Perry across on the raft. He so unbalanced the raft that it was difficult to steer. During the exploration, Jackpot, metal rocks! Got 90 pounds of Metal Found a parasaur stuck in the trees so took Perry back to the dino pen. Crafted the sickle, a second crossbow, and repaired the metal pike. Went back without Perry the next morning. Knocked out the stuck parasaur with two tranc arrows as it was a level 2. Tame was quick. After working to get Island Perry unstuck from two trees, it was off to explore the island and its high ridges. Jackpot, metal rocks! Harvested over 200 pounds of valuable metal rocks in two trips as Island Perry can't carry a lot. Placed it all on the raft along with a harvest of wood. Let Island Perry loose to wander as he can't go far anyways and there are no carnos on South Island. Very profitable couple of days. Will have to take the bird to the volcano for crystals, a very dangerous trip unless I can get some in the Lava Cave without getting killed down there.

Ark day 112. Back to the island to get more metal. Will have to wait for it to respawn. Did get 46 more pounds. Island Perry came running when I called for him. Saddled him up to do the mining expedition and placed him back to wander when done. Refined all the metal to ingots and ended up using most of it to craft a long neck rifle and 14 rounds of ammo. Now have a ranged T-Rex killer should I need it. Will craft more ammo once I can harvest a bunch more metal. Night shot of the blue obelisk.

Ark day 116. Lots of pictures. Tested out the rifle. Really need the scope for more accurate shooting. Took out some of the comfy becoming a pest to the North. They are hard to pike when they come at you in a group. Metal not respawning as quick as expected. Still got 46 more pounds so have lots of ammo for the rifle. Made a saddle for the Island Perry which is kept on the raft. Took the raft all the way to carno Island. A purple drop was there along with carnos. The big eagles are a threat if you get too close. Fortunately, the sharks leave the raft alone. Have now explored the entire eastern shoreline by raft. Last shot is the garden which is now yielding fruit. A good way to get rare narcoberries. Also fruit that can only be grown in the medium plots.

Ark day 118 Two more blue drops, two worthless blueprints. 90 more pounds of metal. May have to risk the trip to the mountain with the bird to get crystal. I can now land him without dismounting. will have to see if he will fly without dismounting and getting back on. If so, it makes things easier to rest him for that long trip. I would travel light for that trip with only a metal pickax, pike, and narc bow. A drop in the ocean, no way at night does anyone go after that. Garden crops are doing very well.

Ark day 121. Pesky Bronto has trashed the trees growing around my base. If it keeps this up, Ill have to go up on the cliff and shoot it. Not worth losing another Trike getting in a fight with it. The programmers have fixed the bird so it lands with my player mounted. This is good as I can restore his stamina and go back flying without dismounting and having him take off unexpectedly. That will make the trip to the crystal mountain a lot safer.
Check out the blue drop in the water and why you don't go diving after it. Note the coral reefs along the shoreline. Lots of details in this huge terrain. There is a severe case of displaced ground under the alien ships with jagged cliffs and angled rock slabs.

Ark day 124. Took the bird for an extended trip. Didn't go to the mountain. Got distracted by drops one of which had a complete thatch hut. Put it on the raft. Missed the island drop by seconds. Picked up the south drop which was worthless.
Went hunting from the raft. High level spitters take more then one round from the slow reloading rifle. One got under the raft and was biting me through it. had to dive off and spear it. One trapped level 13 turtle took five shots to the head to kill it. They are quite tough regardless. The garden is yielding lots of Narcoberries and other crops. That will give me plenty for dyes. Also, the dino's favorite berries.
Pesky Bronto, level 15 male, has moved to the point and continues to trash the palm trees there. 47 more metal from the island.

Ark day 126 and 127. Made the scary trip to the NorthEast Mountain. Did three rest stops before flying to the summit. The near top slope was crawling with sabertooth after mastodons. Also a scorpion just beyond a rock where I landed. Picked two spots to land to get 37 pounds of crystals and got the heck out of there. Crafted the spyglass. The rifle scope took most of the crystal. Enough left for a water jug. Later after testing out the two new items, harvested 173 pounds of metal from Herbivore Island.

Ark 128 129. Explored the southern coast by raft. Built a shelter on the rocky point. Cleaned out the dodos there. There are spitters and sarcos in that area. Another blueprint I don't need in a drop and a second that vanish just before I reached it. Got two spitters killed by a wild trike that was stuck in a tree. I didn't think that spitters would attack one unless attacked first. Hammerbutt saddle is available. Just need some 140 more hide to craft one. Then, I can tame one on the island that is stuck in a tree. Will be hunting next session.

Having a gaming computer custom built so I can play this game at much better frame rate on higher settings. This one is really out of date.

Pictures of South Zone 3 very interesting rock formations.

Ark day 133. Will be putting my daily adventures on hold for the weekend as I will be down to the train show in Fostoria Ohio for the weekend. (Late September of 2015)

Still 28 hide short for the Ankylosaur saddle in spite of two good hunting expeditions. One from the raft and one from the trikes. The scope makes for more accurate shooting of spitters from a distance. The tuna like creature is friendly. Three drops gathered. One a bunch of spare items for a base, the other two just duplicated blueprints. The Orcs are getting out of hand with the increasing numbers of those flying bats like meat eaters. One of those crocs creatures up the river.

Ark day 135. Say hello to Annie the Anklyo. Nearly got killed by bats thank to lag in the game. Did wipe enough of them to get the hide I needed for the Ankylo saddle. Proceeded to the island. The stuck level5 ankylo required 5 narc arrows (10) using the crossbow. Tame went well but took most of a day cycle even on 2X. Unstuck Island Perry but knocked him out in the process. Found enough stim berries to wake him up. Brought Annie back on the raft. She doesn't carry a lot but that stone tail is wicked for breaking rocks, smashing trees, and harvesting berries. No metal rocks on the island this trip but four were extracted from the stone ones. Rafted Annie back to the dino pen.

Ark day 138. A Time Quake struck the night of the day 136. A major update added the swamp and arctic biomes. What did happen is all of the vegetation and rock spawned back in making a mess of the base. All the pets in the dino pen survived. Island Perry, however, has vanished. That may have been my fault when I brought Annie across on the raft and didn't check if he had been on follow mode even though he wasn't nearby. That being the case, the sharks would have had him for lunch. Nothing lost as the saddle was on the raft. Over 200 pounds of metal ore from the island. Tomorrow, I will have to check out the swamp now North along the coast near what was the blue obelisk.

Ark day 135. No, not a mistake, I time shifted the time quake on the laptop and transferred the save. This time, I put on some armor. Good thing, I had twice as many bats come after me. Able to wipe them out taking a lot less damage to get 54 hide from those nasty bastards. Built the saddle, only used 4 narc arrows on the Anklyo, tamed Annie, and used her to unstick Island Perry. That tail really gathers the metal from the metal rocks. Used Perry for hauling metal so long as he didn't get stuck in the trees. He is stuck again along the shoreline trees. Note, the time quake shifted the position of the obelisks. Blue is now green, green red, and red blue.

Ark day 139. The bats are still out of control. This dense blon is going to be a problem since they will all attack at once. Killed a bunch more. dead bats everywhere giving up 68 more hide and 38 meat. Tamed the other Ankylo so I can use it to harvest metal rocks. Got over 200 pounds of metal ore. Used Tricia to transport it, rocks, thatch, three spare sleeping bags from the island camp, and fiber back from the raft to the main base. Added more garden plots to grow Mejoberries for the pets. Did a quick explore with Terry to check out the new swamp biome. Some interesting critters there including a huge mammal almost the size of the Brontos. And, lots of carnos, Sarcos, and other predators.

Ark day 141. Got some more of the bats, a lot to go. Lost the pics bit did check out the swamp. It is a nasty place, hot, and full of critters that want you for lunch. Lots of Titanboas and Sarcos (Giant snakes and huge crocodiles.) The new herbivores live in it along with small flying bat like creatures. Gathered four eggs including one from the Anklyo. Went on a thatch harvesting expo with Mike that gathered a bunch of hides and wiped out two more spitters. Cleaning up the mess in the dino pen. There was almost 400 pounds of metal ore moved from the raft to the refining forge. May look into some flack armor for use in killing off the excess bats. Will need to build a fabricator for that as I now have the resources to build and run one.

The new gaming computer is here. Currently transferring games to it from Steam.

I7 processor with large cooling fins, 512G solid state C drive, 1T D drive, G Force 970 gaming card. Will be using a 27 inch 1080P monitor. Custom built so no crapware on this one.

Windows 10 comes on a jump drive.

Ark day 143. Restarted the game as I went after the bats, ended up mobbed by 30 of them and promptly killed while dead bats were flying in all directions.

Otherwise, went on a crystal run with lots of screenshots on settings recommended for the 970 card. Outstanding details. A Stego managed to kill the carno on the beach. Built the Fabricator and mads some metal armor for use with the bats later. Paid the island a visit and got 120 more metal. Finished up with a wood and thatch gathering run that also got a bunch of tribolites and dodos. Will go after the bats on the inlet side later as they seem to be far more spread out. All screenshots are at 1920 x 1080, or 1080P on the flat screen TVs

Ark day 144. Just a short session but quite profitable on the island drop. It contained a longneck rifle. So, now I have a spare for the go box with extra ammo. The land drop had another complete hutch and a saddle. inventory listed of the go box. You can also see the fabrication machine I now have for metal work that requires it. The game frame rates, in the mid 50s. Sure beats 9 to 15 a second on low settings.

Ark day 146. Plan 1 is going into effect. Have two tamed spitters. Will look for two females. They knock out easily using a crossbow tranc arrow. One is enough and wait a few seconds. Not hunting with them at the moment. Found how to take out trapped turtles without taking any damage. The pig things are hard to kill without a rifle, they run quite fast into the jungle. Need to go on a thatch run to keep the garden fertilized. The blue drop was a worthless blueprint.

Ark day 150. Passed up on several spitters until I found a female. Since she had a mate nearby, I had to tranc both one arrow each from the crossbow. The fun trying to load both of them on the raft. Had two stacks of meat and enough narcs so the tame was quick. Now to plan killing off the bats that continue to multiply and spread out. Saw a Bigfoot roaming the shore.

Ark day 153. Typing this on the gaming computer. So far been unable to transfer my internet info to Firefox. Anyhow, an interesting if not unplanned events.

Took the Dilo squad out hunting bats. Very nasty. We all got beat up but managed to take a bunch of them out. More to go later. Took them hunting parasaurs and other critters. They even wiped out a wild dilo. A green drop on the point gave me a complete set of hide clothing.

Took out Stacy on a wood and thatch gathering to the point. Spotted a female pteridan and knoched her out with one regular bow tranc arrow. As I didn't plan on this I was short on raw meat. Left Stacy on guard, grabbed some stacks of stored meat, narcoberries, grabbed the ptra saddle and came back with Perry. Good thing I left Stacy on guard, three dilos showed up on the beach. Got the ptero sedated, then wiped out the three wild dilos with the rifle and crossbow tranc arrows. Took Perry back to the pen. It was a long tame as she was a level 21, gained six more. Flew her back to the pen and came back on foot for Stacy.

Ark day 155. Took out more bats but they remain nasty. Three more wild dilos met their fate on the point. One arrow and my dilo pack tore them up. The raft update has made it go haywire as you cannot walk on it. Until that is fixed, metal mining and rapter hunting are on hold. Have located where the rapters live. They are up the river past where that other mess of bats and the sarco are. Found them while flying on the pteridacle. I can catch wild Dodos with her and drop them in my dino pen. Got one before it got dark. Won't be necessary to tame them.

Ark day 158. Raft is back to normal. Did a recon flight and found several rapiters. When I landed to recharge the stamana, was attack by flying ants. Got the hell out of there before they could knock out the bird. Going to be a real pain taming a rapter under those conditions.

Caught at least 6 more dodos and dropped them into camp before I had to go after spitters eating them. I can club them to knock them out for taming. They are roaming all over the place.

Over 250 pounds of metal mined on the island.

Ark day 160. Rafting hunting trip. Must have taken out ten spitters along the South Shore. You have to watch constantly given that they like to work in pairs and try to sideswipe you. Tranc arrow on a crossbow takes them down in seconds, usually one shot. They are getting more clever by hiding in bushes and behind downed logs. Later expedition to gather lots of thatch. The Trike is best at this as it can get the stuff from downed trees and driftwood. Graphics remain outstanding.

Put the other sound system back on. Front and rear speakers are now functioning properly. The 5.1 Logitech just wasn't working and when it did, the forward speakers wouldn't function at all.

Ark day 162. The experiment with the killallenemies cheat didn't work. Oh it did all right. It killed everything including all of my pets. Reloaded the game. Will deal with the bats later.

Day 161 a hunting expedition with the dilo squad. they wipe out turtles very effectly. Tranced a female wild dilo. They didn't attack her so tamed and added her to the pack. Rest of the day with Annie breaking stone and harvesting thatch.

Day 162 rafting hunting expedition. Though a wild parasaur was behind me when accessed the supply drop. Wrong! A high level Sarco ambushed me. Ended up using 10 tranc arrows and finally killed it with a spear in the water. Didn't take as much damage as I could have. Overall, the expedition yielded lots of meat and a ton of hide.

Ark day 165. The bats are gone thanks to a specific cheat that only wiped them out and nothing else. Did a stone and hunting expedition. Picked up a drop of useful items. Got 200+ pounds of metal ore. (Note, the bats was a bug that allowed all cave bats to show up on the surface in large numbers.)

Flew to the mountain peak for crystal. The trip was wicked. First, I was overheating, then it was freezing cold after flying through a cloud. Had to land a couple of times for crystal and dump rocks. On the last landing, I spotted an eagle, quick back to my bird and get on just as it attacked. Good thing I got on or I would have been stranded with few weapons as I travel light on crystal runs. Anyhow, the Pteradon can outfly the eagle. It kept chasing until I got out of its sight then had to land to recharge the stamana. Oh, it went from freezing cold to overheating instantly.

Photos, closeup of Island Annie, one of those pig things, the flight to the mountain, and a scaro and shark fighting it out by the swamp.

Ark day 167. Tamed one of those ugly pig things on Hervabore Island. I had the saddle from a drop. Used him to unstick Island Annie and Perry. They can harvast wood and thatch but are very slow at it. Not much good for anything except generating a lot of poop for the compost bin. Took Mike on a thatch run. Got a ton of it. Spotted 4 rapters across the cove. No way I would try to take on 4 unless I was on a cliff where they couldn't get me. Not even with a Trike. They move too fast. Got a dolphin saddle from a drop.

Ark day 170. Took the dilo pack hunting. The bats, only three, are stuck in the ground so are no threat. Got one more female spitter. She was a pain to load on the raft for transport. Went to the island and took Island Annie metal mining. It was easier to move her with the raft to the back side for mining. 400+ pounds of metal ore. Ended up spending the night on the island. Found Island Perry up in the cove. So now there is Lassie to round up the pack.

Check out the suicide Dodo in the photo.

Ark day 173. Bats are back. Bye Bye with the cheat. Gather a ton of wood as I am upgrading the walls of the dino pen with wood. About a fourth done. Looking at expanding the pen 50% as well. Added Miss Piggy to the pets. Female pig critters seem to be rare on the island. Will take the dilo pack out hunting next trip.

Ark day 176. Still working on the base upgrade. Am adding an addition to make the pen bigger. Sent out the hunting pack to murder turtles. They are like wolves when you turn them loose on one.

Ark day 180. Collected tons of Dodo eggs in the pen. Went on wood harvesting to continue the pen expansion. Took the Dilo gang out hunting but not much in the area for them. Went to the Island to get a male Anklyo. Found a higher level one. Took 5 tranc arrows and lots of dodging to take him down as well as neatrly 2 days to tame. Pesky Bronto and Stegos finally got stuck and stayed out of the way. Harvasted wood for wall sections as well as thatch and berries. Brought the Anklyo back only to find all the wild Dodos were missing. No signs of anything had bothered any of the pets. They were where I left them. Will have to repopulate the pen with wild ones.

Ark day 184, A pesky bronto is knocking down the trees on the point. Harvested as much wood there as possible. Now have the wood fence two high. Will go for thatch the other two. Restock the pen with 10 dodos. 9 egg layers and one male. Used the pteridon to grab them off the beach. During the rafting hunt, spotted numerous rapters attacking in packs the critters stuck in the trees. Getting nasty in those areas. The wild dilos are hiding in brush or stuck in trees. I hear them before I see them at times. They are easy to take down with the crossbow with tranc arrows. Spyglass shots of rapters attacking stuck dinos. Oh, the new Dodos are living dangerously.

Ark day 188. Finish the addition to the base. Not sure if I want to tear the wall completely down to let the dodos run in there. Another pesky Bronto stomping around the base. Have tamed a turtle. It is like riding a tank, slow and noisy. They are good swimmers. A pair of the new huge mammals has shown up by the cove along with five Brontos by the fence. They are smashing down all of the trees and bushes. In all a good day in Ark. Will make Rapter Kibble before taming them to speed up that process. I have sufficient supplies for the recipe.

Ark day 191. A pesky bronto is stuck at my base. If I try to kill it, it will smash the wall down. The dilo pack has a successful hunt killing several dinos and getting a ton of meat. Dropped two more Dodos in the pen. Tore the wall out and put up a fence, just released in the update. It will keep the Dodos in the one pen. More metal from the island as well as needed wood and stone.

Made 10 Rapter kibble. Should make 10 more then go looking for a pair of them. The male Anklyo has a lot of color. Took him out rock bashing.

Ark day 194 Say hello to Bruno the Bronto. He is now unstuck from the base. The stragity, get up on the rock at the seaside camp and hit his face with narc arrows. Took 14 of them to drop him. Lucked out as no damage was done to the base. Tame went twice the 2X speed as I fed him Rockarrots instead of Mejoberries. I had more then enough as he ate two stacks of them in nearly 2 game days. Now, I have him parked in front until I can reach level 55 to craft a saddle. The resources are in reserve to make one. Turned down two nearby drops as it was dark and those areas are not safe.

Ark day 196. One more level up and Bruno will have a saddle. Used him for wood hauling. Saw one dilo trying to hide in the ferns. Took Mike the Trike out on a hunting expedition which was extremely successful. Saw my first Pachy down with the five Brontos. 10 more Rapter kibble crafted so ready to go find one or two to tame. Will be decked out in metal armor for that venture. Caught a wild petro raiding the feeding tray. More upgrade to the pen. The stats show how many eggs I have collected and placed in the preserving bin. They are only good for food or kibble.

Ark day 199. Say hello to Ronda Raptor. She was a bitch to take down after casing the area to make sure there were no other raptors close by. They move so fast that it was hard to get in the other two shots. Had to watch a Carno nearby that moved away. The metal armor worked well. Took three tranc arrows to knock out but only two raptor kibble to tame in 5 minutes. Then, get out of that area because the delta area of the cove is extremely hostile. She is even nastier then the dilos when hunting and will harvest the meat directly. A male turtle was stuck by Bruno. However, he stepped on it when I knocked it out and killed it.

Ark day 202. Bruno has a saddle. What a S-L-O-W huge battleship he is to ride. Getting off is no treat as you will take damage from the jump. Best to park him by a rock and do the Fred Flintstone down the tail. He is so big that he would barely fit in the expansion, so I park him outside,

Got another turtle, wrong sex. I'll take him to the island and turn him loose there. That's because the Lady Gamera is a he.

An awful lot of dilos showing up since I got the raptor.

Another wild bird dropped in the pen during the night.

Ark day 204. Trouble, there is a level 34 Alpha Raptor tearing up the critters on my side of the cove past the barrier. The HP on such a creature, which is not tamable, is outrageous. Eventually, I am going to have to kill it but I will have to snipe it from the cliff side and have a ton of rifle ammo on me. May need to craft the assault rifle with several clips of ammo. Good thing I scoped it or it would have been certain death has I attempted to tame it. (They are not tamable.)

Ark day 205. All plans for the day canceled due to the Halloween update. The world of Ark was hit by another time quake. This time, it is Halloween themed. Colder days, longer nights, fall foliage, bats, the dreaded Dodorex, cemeteries, and pumpkin fields. quite a mess. Have the kibble ready for the female turtle tame. The alpha raptor is no longer in the area.

Ark day 208. Tamed a female turtle with 5 kibble. All went well. Later when I attacked a trapped one on foot, Ronda tore into it, then ate it. The Dodorex warning appeared with the shadow sign on the blood moon, turned the base dark and spent the long night in the cave. Day 207 was spent as a wood harvesting trip on the island. Had to spend part of the night at the point camp side due to extreme cold. Do not like the long night as so much time is lost when you can't do anything. The island turtle has vanished. Not surprising since they are good swimmers, He may eventually show up on the main island or has become Megaladon food.

Ark day 210. Stragicity for when the Dodorex warning appears is to place the base on blackout and take Ronda into the cave with me. So far, it has not spawned close by. Took the wood into the cave and crafted some foundations, walls, ceilings, and ladders. Need to harvest a ton more. Found Prince Gamera, the one I took to the island. He was out swimming just off the shore going after whatever he eats out there. Place scarecrows in the garden. The trike tends to get stuck in the tombstones so have to go around them.

Ark day 213. So far have dodged the Dodorex. Night of day 210 spent on Herbivore Island. The Dodorex is landlocked so can't get there and won't spawn there. Dossier says it spawns around the yellow obslick. so guess which one is now yellow? the green one which is closest to my base. Dilo pack had a successful hunt. Gathered wood with the trike. Checked on the bronto herd. two are missing with a paracur and several smaller ones so something got them. I don't see the alpha raptor so unknown what happened to them. Don't want to tame the female bronto on the point until the Halloween week on Ark is over.

Ark day 215. After a full day and night of Dodorex watch, peace again. Spent that day and night on Herbivore Island. Had Ronda with me. Harvested 200+lb metal ore, a bunch more wood, added some to the beach side shelter, checked on the island pets. Spotter a spider on the far point shore. The scorpions are now more active so am keeping stims on Ronda and my character as a antidote for stings. Have the cave fully stocked now as backup.

Ark day 217. Spent the night on Herbivore Island without Ronda. Actually, I was looking for a male raptor to tame but didn't find any along the shore. Grabbed three supply drops. One with building materials, the other two worthless items. While exploring a southernmost inlet, I saw a Quizel, giant flying reptile, flying along the shoreline. That is rare as something must have spooked it from its mountain home.

Ark day 219. A level 20 T-Rex tore up the inlet killing all the Brontos and Pacers. at least, it is moving back up the river. There were two raptor taming prospects on my side of the inlet. With the T-Rex close by it was not safe to attempt to take them down for taming. There was one in far inlet. It also got killed by a Trike. Both on my side of the inlet managed to get themselves killed fighting the trapped turtles as I did a flyby to check out the safety of the area. Spent the night of the 218 in the cave due to a Dodorex alert. Tomorrow should be the last of those alerts.

Ark day 221. Took Ronda out hunting and gathering on this last day of the Dodorex. Called Island Gamera to shore to check him out and level him up. He must have killed a Megadalon Shark during his ocean forage and had hide boots and 4 megadalon teeth in his inventory. Ronda wiped out some more parasaurs and a spitter. The cove wildlife is recovering from the T-Rex attack of the other day. Still some giant scorpions to watch out for. About 700 pounds of wood along with pumpkins, scarecrows, and stolen grave markers placed in storage. I may attempt to take down and tame the T-Rex if it gets into the right location where I can safely hit it with narc arrows. two more level up and I can craft a saddle for one.

Ark day 224 Say hello to Berniece the Bronto. No fun trying to tranc one out at ground level. They can move fast enough to be a major problem. There is a bug in the latest update that prevents me from access inventory on saddled pets, etc... so called the session short today. Good thing I kept the bronto saddle and rockaarts on me and not on the Trike. It was still a full hour+ tame. (Rockaarts tame at double the rate of berries.)

Ark day 228. Found a workaround to the hold E for option bug affecting everything. There is a F to remote access inventory that works for now. Got the stuff off the Bronto and Trike. Took the dilo pack out hunting. They are nasty as ever with some of them chewing up the dead dinos. There is a level 10 Carno up the river that would be a good taming prospect. That would have to be planned in advance needing a fair amount of raw meat that would have to be transported by raft. Also took Ronda hunting. Snagged a wild parasaur on the raft and had to beach it for Ronda to tear up. Picture of the bronto pair, the hunting pack, and the snagged wild parasaur.

Ark day 230+ Harvested a bunch of metal, flint, and rock on the island. The Alpha level 30 raptor showed up in skeleton form heading towards the point. Only safe way to kill it was with the cheat command. There is a male raptor I may tame tomorrow. Another T-Rex showed up but got killed by Paracers and other creatures that ganged up on it. A Bronto climbed up on the rock and over the barrier wall. Got rid of the rock since a T-Rex could also do that. Overall, lots of action observed from the safe perch of a flyer. Another visitor to the base in the pic. Island Gamera was killed by a level 30 Megadalon Shark last night. That is the message that flashed on the screen when I was at the island gathering resources.

Ark, it says day 230. All of the Halloween stuff is gone from the storage locker, so are the tombstones that were planted. Crafted tombstones for the two killed pets and placed them in the pen. A T-Rex was across the cove but got itself killed when the anklyos ganged up on it. The obslick is now green. The game how has a sword and shield.

Had fun with the force tame cheat over on Herbivore Island. I mainly used it to free dinos stuck in trees that cannot be freed without hitting them. Would have liked to bring back the male anklyo that has some nice colors but he won't fit on the raft. Interesting is that some of them were very hungry after being freed and harvesting berries with them. I turned them all loose. May have to unclaim them to really turn them loose since I called Perry over to check on him and two of the force tames also came over. The pig creatures were easy to get loose with a hatchet as they were just stuck in driftwood and I could avoid hitting them to cut them loose. The other dinos I used their attack mode to free them.

Ark day 234. Wacked a Sarco as it was attacking a turtle. Been wanting to get rid of that threat after the last encounter at the drop. Got a pair of Pachys. They sound like goats. Quite small but strong. (Cheated by using force tame). Checked on the FT crew on the island and leveled them all up. Also Island Perry. Island Annie is missing. She may be back in the rocks behind the cove. I'll look for her next session.

The bronto that went over the fence fell down the cliff and was stuck on the ledge. Got on Ronda and hit it with some tranc arrows. It got unstuck so used Ronda to get away until it lost interest in me. It is now roaming up the shore to where another one has been roaming.

Looking at some Paracurs to tame next

Ark Day 236. Disaster. While recovering my raft from the cove with Ronda after riding a second Paracer back to base, a high level T-Rex attacked the nearby Bronto before I could put to sea. Ronda, that idiot, went after it. We both got killed before I could knock it out with tranc arrows. Should have just abandoned her to her fate instead of trying to bail her out of trouble.

Restarted the game back to day 230. Got both Pachys and a Parcer on force tame. The bronto on the cliff is down by the shore so may not end up having to be dealt with. I'll take my time getting a male making sure that it is on my side of the cove. There is a male raptor I may try for if it doesn't get itself killed. Can't use force tame on those. It has to be tranc and fed kibble.

One of the photos shows the cove loaded with coe. Note the feather overlay now in the game on the Dodo Birds.

Ark on reset day 235. Got a roller right away. They are stone smashers that roll up in a ball like the Sonic Hedgehog. Went raptor hunting and promptly found the level 30 T-Rex. Use the fly command to go after it. That thong took 45 tranc arrows to drop - no wonder I was unable to take it head on in yesterday's disaster. Got a level 20 male Raptor to tame and promptly had to drop a level 14 female that came running to fight. Cheated the tame to complete even though it would have taken 5 minutes due to the extremely dangerous area. Took Ronnie raptor back to the raft but it had washed up on shore and was unrecoverable. Went back to base to get hide and spare storage boxes and crafted a replacement. Transferred all supplies to the new raft but had to carry them a ways as there was no suitable place for landing. The drop did not take place as testing had shown. The Bronto didn't fall off the cliff. The male Pacuar is on my side of the cove but way back in the danger zone. Will check him out tomorrow after scouting for apex carnivores. I do have saddles for a Carno and a T-Rex. They will have to go into the new part should I decide to tame one.

Ark day 238. Got Patrick on a quick tame, He took several tranc arrows to drop and smashed my thatch path fence in trying to escape. That is being upgraded with wood. He is next to Petunia which was a force Tame. You don't get any credit for taming something that way. Quick tame works when you have taken a creature down unconscious, then place narcs and its favorite food in its inventory. Only then will the quick tame command complete the tame instantly for full credit. Otherwise, it would have been a one hour or more tame. Caught three wild dilos hiding in my point camp and wiped them out with tranc arrows and the spear. No other carnos in the delta at this time. Use the roller to harvest a huge amount of rocks that was then converted into stone pipe. Ran a second lead to the water and a pipe to the cave. I was unable to get the pipe inside given the limited amount of parts types available, so the tap is just outside. The plan was to run it down to the lava area of the cave.

Ark day 241. Spent two game days reinforcing the path wall to wood. Coming back, I spotted a major threat to the pets parked outside the base, a T-Rex heading for it. Dropped it with 15 tranc arrows from the cliff. It was a lower level. It flew into the sea when I dispatched it with the hatchet.

Found a carno on the far shore of the cove. How it got trapped with a Bronto and Stego is a mystery, As I couldn't take it down safely with tranc arrows for a normal tame, I ended up doing force tame on all three, smashed the trapping trees using the Stego, unclaimed both the bronto and stego, and saddled the carno. Say hello to Berta. Couldn't get her on the raft. Had to swim across the narrow part of the cove fighting off the paranas, then back to the base. Wiped out a stuck trike, two parasaurs that got killed before they could run away, and three dodos. Fairly efficient meat harvester. Took Ronnie back for the raft, Jumped as far as I could into the water and fought paranas to get across. The carno floats quite well, the raptors tend to sink.

Overall, a good day especially when I was able to take out the T-Rex threat from the cliff.

Ark day 244. Made improvements to the base so I could move the Trikes, Patchys, pheomas, parasaurs to the new section thus clearing some room for the meat eaters. Will research Behemoth Gates so I can get the big guys safely in their own pen. An Alpha Raptor showed up on the east shore while I was gathering stuff for the gates. Cheat command to eliminate that real threat. Renamed the Carno to Christinia. Took her out hunting but the pickings were a bit slim, She is good at outfoxing spitters. Has a bit of trouble with the Dodos after killing one but if I get off, she will eats it. Once I get the T-Rex I want, it will be called Barney and will have purple war paint. Photos are of the upgraded base and a Dodo fence sitting.

Ark day 247. Gathering the resources needed to make two behemeth gates to use in the Bronto pen. It will be a big enough addition to park them safely inside. The room is there. Once penned, I won't have to worry about stray T-Rexes trying to have them for lunch. Spent two game days getting enough stone and wood for one of two gates. Even with Danny, it is slow gathering for the stone. The anklyos are not efficient at getting just stone. They are good for metal and flint. Wish I could take him to the island where there are a lot of boulders close together. They are too scattered along my shoreline. Area is quiet with no carnivores in the area for once. User Petunia to haul the stone to the cave where the Smithy is at for fabricating the huge gate and gateway. Takes 450 stone, 450 wood, 450 thatch. The wood and stone are the resource that takes time to gather. Otherwise, the walls can be crafted as I gather wood, thatch and fiber. They weigh much less when crafted.

Ark day 250. Got Danny, the roller, on the raft with a ramp and took him over to the island for rock harvesting. Crafted enough rock foundations to mark out the Bronto pen. Have both very resource expensive Behemoth Gates crafted and in place. Will have to go back to the island to smash up a bunch more rocks to finish up the stone wall. I make take out the one inner wall for a bit more room so the Brontos are not too close to the edge. A door to get in and one to get out without trying to turn them around. When done, I will move the one stone water pipeline.

Ark day 253. Increased the width of the Bronto pen. That caused a loss of 60% of the work from day 250 but the results look better. Still need a lot more stone walls, then wood ones. A couple of more game days cutting wood and collecting stones before it is done.

Ark day 256. A bit of a distraction before continuing gathering resources for the Bronto pen. Say hello to Barney the purple dinosaur. Well, he is not purple, but he is big, clumsy, hard to maneuver, and very deadly to anything in his way. (Used the dotame command after 20+ tranc arrows to the face from the cliffside.) That knocked his health a lot just to drop him before he aggro any of the Brontos nearby. This guy gets a lot of meat in a hurry. He is hard to park in the pen with the carno and raptors.

More wall was built up. Still a ways to go in getting 20 more stone sections and a lot of wood ones. When done, I will get the carno on the raft to set up a base near the mountain, then later move the T-Rex there since he will be capable of dispatching the sabertooths and other meat eaters there so I can go gather obsidian from the mountain slopes.

Ark day 259. The Bronto pen is finished. Moved the anklyos to the mid pen and the stego to the bronto pen. Brought Steve across from the island. He barely fit on the raft. Barney the T-Rex is a killing machine. He wiped out the pesty Bronto on the point in no time. Also a stupid Para that was getting too nosy for its own good and a trike that tried to defend it. Time for further exploration on Barney.

Ark day 262. All the wild Dodos in the pen vanished again. Seems to be no reason for it. Spent the game day over on Herbivore Island harvesting wood to craft wood foundations and walls. Storing them for a project to build a base up the North shore by the mountain big enough to store a T-Rex or carno for obsidian mining on the slope. I can transfer the carno on the raft but would need to ride the T-Rex there. I can have one of the saddled pteridons follow me to ride back to the main base. Then, I only need to use the raft to travel back and forth between bases, or can use the spawn bed but can't take anything with me. On the north mountain, I will be able to get pelts from the mastodons and sabre tooths in the area using the leveled up Rex or Carno. Then, I can craft some warm clothing for the cold summit. Maybe attempt to knock out and tame one of those giant eagles.

Took the Carno out hunting and gathered a ton of meat with her. She is leveling up enough to be a real threat to whatever is out there.

Force tamed a bunch more stuck Trikes, Anklyos, and Stegos, unstuck them, and used them as easy transport. The tamed ones keep getting stuck on the driftwood on the beach.

Ark day 265. Had to deal with an insurrection on Herbivore Island. A force tamed anklyo aggravated a wild trike while getting it unstuck and my Raptor joins in on the fight. Complete chaos for a minute. Being dark didn't help out the situation. Other then the casualty of a wild trike and parasaur, things settled down. Was harvesting and crafting materials for a 5x6 pen for the north shore base and storing them on the raft. Plans are to take the Carno with me on the raft and keep it inside when not using it. A wild Trike got stuck outside the main base and created chaos as all the meat eating pets stormed the wall to try to eat it.

Restocked the mid pen with wild Dodos. They already laid a dozen eggs.

Closeups for the day.

Ark day 268. Turkeys have appeared. Can't pick them up with the flyer.

Sailed the raft to the southern reaches of the Northeast Shore and constructed the enclosed base and dino pen. Only needed some ramps and 20 ceiling sections to complete. Then went back to get Christina, carno, and stocked the base with a high level go box, metal armor, spare crossbow, pike, rifle with scope, and spawn bed. Also, extra items for a water tap. I can bring the carno inside this structure. I have a lookout on the roof. Will add crafting items next trip. Lots of dilos and large herbivores in here. Also the big frogs nearby in the swamp.

Ark day 271. Don't try to kill a super turkey. They are worse then the Dodorex. One almost killed my raptor but only because I was able to get on him and run away to the raft and get offshore. Lead the super turkey into deep water. It is currently occupied with fighting about 5 megadalon sharks.

Finished supplying the Northeast base with crafting supplies. Brought a flyer on the raft for exploring along the base of the mountain. What a nasty area of raptors, dilos, and a T-Rex. Knocked out a Level Six female and tamed it. Too big for the raft, it just fits inside the base. The walls need to be one level higher and about 2 foundations longer. That will be a long term project due to the materials needed to make the improvements. Meanwhile, she can walk straight through thanks to using a dino door on each end. The flyer can either go inside or land on the roof. Left the rex in the second base with food in its inventory.

Ark day 275 Worked on enlarging the enclosed pen for the T-Rex on the Northeast base. Need 14 more ceilings to complete. Added 3x3 to the length and made six high for the ceiling. Walls won't place on the dino gate but will on ceilings. Transferred a high level force tame trike to that base as well. Can use him as transport and attack of smaller carnivores. The real muscle is the T-Rex. Getting her leveled up for that job. When ready, will bring a flyer along for scouting. It can be stored inside when I take the rex or trike out to gather obsidian and crystal. Found rare flowers on the beach in this location.

Ark day 277. Finished the Northeast base. Took both T-Rexes out hunting. Spotted another super turkey. I won't even sic a rex on them, they are just bad news. BTY, the Titanboas cannot be knocked out with tranc arrows. They can only be killed, then the dilos started feeding on it. Will be ready for scouting, then take the rex to the slope of the volcano to look for obsidian stone. The other raft glitched over to the point when I was cutting wood for ceilings with Barney the yet to be purple dinosaur, the male t-rex. Was able to recover it and bring it back to the dock.

Ark day 279. Just at the island crafting parts for a thatch 6x6 base for Crag's Island. During the early morning of day 278, I went to unstick Island Mike. GLITCH! We were both teleported 1000 meters south into the ocean. Tried to swim him back without running out of stamina, no luck. The damn sharks attacked. I was forced to use the fly cheat to escape the same fate. Took a long time just to fly back to Herbivore Island. Will head to the Northeast base next session to paint the doors and start surveying the east slope for obsidian.

Ark day 281 Made a trip to the Northeast base. Took a flyer along for surveying. Rather dangerous looking on the slopes where the obsidian rocks should be. Updated base supplies and took the Trike out berry harvesting. Went near the swamp. There were Plant Species X seeds he harvested with more rare flowers. Took the extra wood items to the raft to the prefab building parts.

Back at cave base, a pesky Bronto spawned in to trash the trees now growing on the beach. Took Barney out who had it for lunch. Only one prime to cook and place into the jerky bin. May have to gather prime from the numerous paracaurs near the swamp. I have a jerky bin there. Pics of the swamp and one of Barney chowing down on the bronto.

Ark day 281 Made a trip to the Northeast base. Took a flyer along for surveying. Rather dangerous looking on the slopes where the obsidian rocks should be. Updated base supplies and took the Trike out berry harvesting. Went near the swamp. There were Plant Species X seeds he harvested with more rare flowers. Took the extra wood items to the raft to the prefab building parts.

Back at cave base, a pesky Bronto spawned in to trash the trees now growing on the beach. Took Barney out who had it for lunch. Only one prime to cook and place into the jerky bin. May have to gather prime from the numerous paracaurs near the swamp. I have a jerky bin there. Pics of the swamp and one of Barney chowing down on the bronto.

Ark day 285. Took Christina with me to Crag's Island and built a base. While the shore is relatively safe, inland a short ways has wild raptors and carnos. Crag's Island is very close to the red Obelisk which is accessible by the sea. Crafted another batch of building materials for a future base. Now level 65 and crafted up 35 tranc darts that are used by the longneck rifle. Had to find where I have stored it. Need to find where the second one got placed. It may be up on the Northeast base. Pics are mostly from Crag's Island which takes over 1/2 a game day to reach by raft.

Ark day 289. Explored the slope using the Rex. Very thick going to reach the slope. No predators at the moment. No obsidian rocks but a ton of metal ones. Spotted an egg thief. They were just added. Found a second when prepping to go to the island for metal. Took one tranc arrow and 10 seconds for it to drop. Took it back to the base in the pen with the meat eaters. And, a dangerous Compy gang across the cove with a level 34+1 whatever that is. May be the pack leader.

Ark day 290. Only one day in the game due to a late start. Took Barney out through the jungle North of my base as an experiment. Nothing appears to to attack him, not even the wild raptors, unless he attacks first. The pesky Compys even ignored him. Wild raptors will attack Christina on sight but she can dispatch them quickly. Ready to attempt to establish a base on the east shore near the Tundra. That may require an overnight stay on Crag's Island. May leave Christina home for that venture.

Ark day 294. It was nuts. As soon as I entered the game, all the pets went crazy trying to attack something beyond their pen. Took one game day to straighten it out. Before I quit for the evening, the same thing happened again, but this time I got a message that one of my flyer killed a wild one. Game Bug in update, Pets somehow are set to aggressive attack any wild dinos nearby. Must be given that the first time I lost some wild dodos in the melee. Thought I lost the flyers and had tamed two more including a nice high level male. Found Tina and Tommy later perched on the cliff above the base. And, the last pics, a melee involving two wild T-Rexes and several dinos that all killed each other. What a mess down there.

If you look by the raft, there is a oil spill going on from a seep on the sea floor.

Ark day 295. Evicted the Oviraptor to the point where I put her on roaming. She is busy running in circles looking for eggs and ignoring the ones the Dodo lay. (The tamed Oviraptor was responsible for the attacks by wild pteradons on the base,) Headed for Crag's Island with Tommy the 2nd. on the raft, then realize that I had the wrong raft that has no supplies. How did that happened? Somehow in the mess of the past couple of game days, my supplied raft was teleported to the place I was marking an oil seep and the unsupplied one teleported to the dock.

Oh well, I'll head to Crag's Island later to build the water tap and stock up the Go Box there. Then, it will be on to the West Shore to build a base next to the Snow Biome.

Ark day 297. Made it to Crag's Island. stocked the Go Box with weapons and armor. Also extra supplies. Did some survey flying before dark. Rafted back to Herbivore Island to harvest flint and thatch. Move the egg thief into the cove by using the flyer to pick it up and transport it away from the base. Checked on the Northeast base and collected the spoiled meat for crafting to narcs. Replaced two stim berries plot with narcoberry plots. The excess stims are only good for paint at this point. The two Rexes are supplying more then enough meat to spoil for narcs. I suppose I could tame a giant scorpion. It would be more then happy to feast on the excess spoiled meat.

Ready to establish a west base by the Snow Biome. Pics of Crag's Island and Ark on the western side.

Ark day 300. That is 300 hours of playing this game given that a game day equals an hour real time. Finally established a base on a calm flat beach close to the Snow Biome. What a nasty place that is. Besides brutal cold, the place and the edge is crawling with raptors, sabretooths, and all other manners of carnivores.

Still, an interesting area. While I could have circumnavigated the island, that was not possible along the Snow Biome unless I threaten to burn up the raft with campfires. Will need to kill fur bearing animals go get enough pelts to craft cold weather armor. It takes 30 minutes to sail from base camp to the Snow Biome camp. The spawn bed and go box are set. Will need to add ranged weapons to it later.

Took the dilo pack hunting. They were quite hungry even though they have the feed trough stocked with meat. Also, took Barney hunting. However, the Bronto he killed went flying deep into the jungle.

Ark day 303. It got extremely hostile around home base. First, there were six raptors on both sides of the cove. That's too many and too close. While preparing to get rid of them, I spotted a male carno. OK, I was looking for a male for Christina. Killed one of the raptors when it came for me on the raft, two tranc arrows dispatched it. The carno was about to attack a paramecium, bad news, however, the other raptor and the carno focused on me. Dropped the carno and raptor. Did the dotame, put a saddle on the new pet and had him finish off the raptor. Took him back to base after some easy hunting.

That night, a wild raptor tried to get me from outside the base. I couldn't figure what was going on until I seen it trying to glitch through the wall. Killed it. Took Christina carno out at daybreak to look for more. Found the mate up on the cliff, I've never seen them there before always on the shore. Good thing I had her, ran into a level 34 female carno on my side of the cove. It attacked. Christina kicked her butt. I don't think that Carlos, the male, would have been tough enough at this early stage to do so. Killed two more raptors along my side of the beach along with a bunch of spitters.

Checked the North base later. Berta Rex is now tough enough to take on most anything. Took out a high level paramecium, that big mammal, which gave 4 prime which I was able to cook for prime jerky.

Ark day 306. Gathering and crafting wood building materials for the future North end base by the Snow Biome. That one will have to be wood and enclosed due to the danger of the giant eagles present. Took Barney out for an exploration ran and promptly killed more raptors in the cove and beyond. Note, Even wild Carnos avoid attacking him. Interesting canyon I went through back to the East Coast. Loaded up on Trike, Turtle, and got 4 prime off a Bronto that is now cooked and in the jerky bin.

Ark day 308. Harvested stone with Danny to craft a pair of mortar pestle, pair of refining forges, and a pair of Smithy's for the satellite bases to the West. I then took Barney Rex North along the beach and around the swamp to the Far Peak Camp. He got there by noon. Killed a snake which has someone's pick, spear, shirt, pants, and shoes in its inventory. Had him follow Berta but he was always right on tho of her. I have that same problem when a rex follows by being too close and accidentally hitting them while cutting wood. Left Barney there and brought Berta back to main base. Got back before dark. She needs to get used and leveled up. I think that I will keep both Rex at main base and return the force tame trike to Herbivore Island. I can always make it to that camp by noon if I leave early with daylight before heading into the jungle around the swamp. The entire area is crawling with raptors, carnos, spitters, snakes, etc...They don't bother the Rex. I passed up that green drop. You can see why. There were three spitters and a raptor in attack distance to it. Both Rexes will attack together.

Ark day 310. Took Barney back to home base and the Trike on the raft back to the island. Rafted over, left it there, and rode Barney back to base. Saw a parachium convention, the most in one spot. Also tons of raptors, dilos, and several carnos around the swamp. Killed a dozen snakes. One had someone's inventory in it.

For going back for the raft ans the island trike, I flew on Tommy. He has enough stamina to make the flight there without landing to rest. I called him to follow while loading the trike on the raft. He flew behind the raft to the island. Left the Trike there on wander, left the raft on the beach since it was the spare, and flew back on Tommy. Another T -Rex was in the cove but a pair of stegos beat it up where it died in the water. Brought two force tamed female dodos back to the base for eggs. The game resets keep wiping out most the wild ones. Pics includes the four pteriadons I now have.

Ark day 312. Rafted op to Crag's Island with supplies, refining forge, and smithy. Installed and basic stocked the smithy and refining forge. Harvested a bunch of wood and placed two fire pits by the tiller of the raft.

Next, went to the Snow base and stocked the same supplies there. Was a lot more dangerous in that area as I was forced to kill two kitties, (Sabertooths.) Later, lit the fires on the raft and sailed into the ice pack. The area is loaded with oil nodes and crystals but yield on those are low. Was able to get some warmth from the torch when not by the fires on the raft. Forced to flee the area when three Giant Eagles appeared. They were kept busy by fighting more sabertooths below them. Unfortunately, they only give meat and hide, no pelts. May try to tame one on the next trip.

Saw my first Spino while rafting the cut between Crag's Island and the mainland. It was swimming in the water. Managed to sneak by it without being spotted. They are fast swimmers.

Just two more pics as I take Barney across the cove at the narrow. One shows those pesky ants. the second all of the dinos next to the ramp wall. Killed a carno that took an interest in a phenoma Barney just ate. He had an inventory on him that consist of berries, stone and tranc arrows, pick and hatchet.

Ark Day 315. Took Barney to Far Peak. Could only get halfway up the slope, will have to try further North on the slope. Killed an eagle with him. Another Sarco loaded with someone's inventory. Triggered a big fight and just sat by and watched the fun. An albino Titanboa joined in. It and the Carno survived.
Back to Herbivore Island for more wood and flint. Kept all but the narcoberries on the raft. A ton of spoiled meat to craft narcs thanks to Barney. Only a pair of Brontos, something must have happened to the other two. Mostly, they wandered into the water where the sharks tore them up.

Ark Day 317. Took a trip to the snow biome to get some kittys. (Sabertooths.) None around. Two T-Rexes rampages about tearing up everything living on that spawn point, even the giant eagles. So, lit the fires on the raft and headed around the iceberg. Ran into a blizzard, but found the penguins. got oil and crystal before the extreme cold got too much. Need to take a stack of cooked meat since the cold causes the hunger to kick way up.
On the way back around the iceberg, I headed further away into the sea and ran smack dab into a force field. (Edge of the Ark world.) Had to get closer to shore to avoid it. Back to Herbivore Island and back to home base. I'll have to take barney to Far Peak and find kittys up there to tame.

Ark Winter Wonderland.
Nuts, snow and ice everywhere, and constantly freezing if you don't have winter clothing which requires pelts, lots of them, that require a trip to the really freezing snow biome to like Mastodons and Megaloes. Looks like I will be concentrating on my story until Winter ends or cold weather clothing becomes available. New players are going to be screwed. (Soon was fixed by an update.)

(Note, this original game was taken far beyond Winter Wonderland until Scorched Earth was released. Added all new creature tames including the Titansaur which fell into the camp becoming trapped between the wall and canyon.)

Archived