all servers seem to be on port 7777

I have a linux dedicated server, running TheIsland, and its been running fine, however I am also trying to add a Ragnarok server, I basically followed the same guide to create a /ark2 folder and put the install there, and gave it ?queryport27016?port=7779 But when I try to add them to steam, in the server add portion when I click find games on this server, it finds both of them, however it wont add both of them, when both are added, they seem to both assign to port 7777 and every time I refresh the server list, it grabs one at random. any idea why this is happening?

On 5/26/2021 at 10:38 PM, limitzer0 said:

I have a linux dedicated server, running TheIsland, and its been running fine, however I am also trying to add a Ragnarok server, I basically followed the same guide to create a /ark2 folder and put the install there, and gave it ?queryport27016?port=7779 But when I try to add them to steam, in the server add portion when I click find games on this server, it finds both of them, however it wont add both of them, when both are added, they seem to both assign to port 7777 and every time I refresh the server list, it grabs one at random. any idea why this is happening?

Have you done the port forwarding to include ports 7779 and 7780?

If you left this step out, its possible your router is putting you through to either server, especially if you haven't defined the ports properly

Archived