Cluster Complication (Detailed)

6 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Try to query/connect to your server using its WAN IP instead of your LAN. If you can't, then it is a NAT issue as previously mentioned above. Regardless, try the following option:

-showhiddenservers

I did end up doing this just for safe measures. But my father in law and I went on one last fishing trip on the web and this is what we snagged up. 

We FINALLY! Found a solution. 

Previously in this thread it was discussed that the "RoutedwithNAT" setting would need to be enabled in order to connect to our own servers. We confirmed this was enabled but there was no change in server status. 

Long story short, THIS THREAD was our solution! It took me 3 minutes while the game ran in the background standing at a city terminal on Extinction. When I returned after making the modifications, I was able to see all of my servers in the list immediately. 

For the sake of those who don't like going to external links, I'll quote the post below. Sincerely, THANK YOU to everybody who's been trying to help throughout the past few weeks, it really does mean a lot to me! 

Quoted Post:
"This is a workaround for everybody running a dedicated server on the same PC as the game and albeit other people can join, the dedi host cannot. Usually this is caused by newer routers that don’t support NAT loopback, a necessary function for your network to re-direct http-calls from inside the network.
A solution for people running a dedicated server machine and a dedicated gaming machine in the same LAN 

1. Step
Press windows-key+R to open the run-dialog, enter “hdwwiz” without the quotation marks and hit Enter.

In the following window click next, on the next page select the second option (should say sth like “select hardware from a list manually”) and click next again.

From the list select “network adapter” and click next.

On the next page select “Microsoft” as Manufacturer (left) and on the right side select “Microsoft Loopbackadapter”. Click next and wait until installation is finished.

2. Step
Press Win-key+R again, enter “ncpa.cpl” without quotation marks and hit Enter.

In the appearing window you will find a new network connection called “LAN Connection XY…Microsoft Loopbackadapter”, right click this and select Properties.

On the Properties page click on “Internetprotocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” so it is highlighted, then click the Properties button.

Select “Use the following IP address” and enter your PCs external IP, which you can find out here What Is My IP f.e.

Click OK, a warning will appear, notifying you that the Subnet mask is missing. Simply click OK again and the standard Subnet mask will be entered automatically.

Click OK.
Now you should be able to join a server within your own network or on the same PC as the game.

Note: If your ISP assigns you a new IP each time you re-connect, you will have to change the IP used in the adapter accordingly (or get a fixed IP)."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just chiming in to state that this resolved the issue for myself, and my wife. I'm running off wifi, my wife is hard wired. The issue remains for my son, even after having duplicated this process on his PC. I'm not yet sure how to resolve the issue so all 3 of us on the LAN can connect, and transfer.

Archived