The reload key could be used for a lot of alternative actions when LMB isnt fit

Zoopshab

Suggestion

When im holding a shield, LMB raises the shield. But without a shield it drops the torch. I have found it a nuisance to be playing on high or medium graphics settings, and needing to drop my torch at night but im also carrying a shield.

If reload key would drop the torch that would work perfectly. 

Additionally, I might suggest that the torch would go better in the offhand. That way you could carry it at night when youre mining stone or chopping wood. There does NOT need to be a button for "put away offhand". A shield had to be "Donned" in dnd because you have to strap it on. It shouldnt disappear into pocket space when you switch to spear. Likewise the torch doesnt need to magically go out & be relit when you draw it.

Actually if you want to get really fun for a survival game you could have a toolbelt + backpack on your person that displays the items you're carrying on your person. You have a hatchet and pick tucked into your belt. Larger items like the spear have to be held or come with a continental-soldier shoulder sling. No drawing from the back and make the player make a tactical choice between a spear or bow, since carrying both would be unwieldy. Would give smaller KO items like slingshot a place.

I dont really think the torch needs an attack; nobody uses it ever. You do use it on SE to drop it into oil puddles. that feels right for an "attack". For spyglass, magnifying glass, compass. The resourses spend on animation for "pistol whip" for these items is misappropriated. It would make more sense to have the pistol whip of a crossbow butt, gun and higher do the same damage at the club (thereby replacing the club at higher tech levels. And then get rid of the bow pistol whip because it doesnt make sense to pistol whip with a bow. 

If you really want to get fancy you could add a push-kick for a knockback effect (or maybe if youre holding a spear or somethig bigger you shove with the haft. I dont want to get too complicated on paying for animations for every little thing and it all needs to fit nicely and serve a purpose. I also though maybe block with the half of a spear but that's not going to stop a dinos teeth, nor a bola).

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived