• Structure Damage: Disabled
  • Player and Dino Damage: Enabled
  • Turret Damage: x10 
  • Rates (All): x1

Server configuration Saturday and Sunday 10am - 10pm:

• Structure Damage: Enabled
  • Turret Damage: x1 
  • Rates (All): x2 (For the whole two days)

General Idea:

1. Give casual (working) players an alternative official server cluster that still lets them enjoy the heavy PvP side of ARK (or at least remind them of it)
  2. Workdays have only "Hand to Hand PvP" and lower rates while weekends do have the usual PvP settings and higher rates

Explaining the Settings:

Server configuration Monday to Friday:

• Structure Damage: Disabled
  • Preventing sturcture damage on workdays will prevent people from raiding your base while you are offline / working
  • While you are online, you can still enjoy the good ol' Hand to Hand combat - Your dinos might get killed while you are offline, but thats a you problem for not securing them
  • Turret Damage: x10 
  • This has to be done to prevent people from soaking your base while you are offline in preparation for a weekend rate - Might just boost it even higher
  • Rates (All): x1
  • Nothing to say here - See Rates on Weekends for further information

Server configuration Saturday and Sunday 10am - 10pm:

• Structure Damage: Enabled
  • Yes you can PvP / Raid as usual for 12 hours on both days (Maybe do the whole two days but I feel this would still be kinda toxic towards some)
  • Nothing to add here - see weekdays
  • Turret Damage: x1 
  • Not much to say either - you dont want boosted turret damage for the "good raids"
  • Rates (All): x2 (For the whole two days)
  • This help people staying strong against those that can play more hours on weekdays - also might enable some great Hand-To-Hand PvP while battling for Ressouces/Tames

Why I believe this servers are needed / would be great:

• Having played around 5k total hours on official servers while studying, I am now working full-time for almost two years.
  • I still enjoy ark, but due to at least 42 hours of work per week I can no longer be online for up to 16 hours a day (I guess we all know that this is not unusual in this game) 
  • I am still playing ark, mostly on my own server clusters with a few mates (PvE for the most part) but I really miss the feeling of official PvP servers.
  • Having a more casual approach to official PvP would be a perfect balance for me and alot of my now working mates
  • I feel like those servers would give a fair chance to alot of the hard-working individuals out there, that still like to grind the "Official PvP Game" in their free time

I tried to think of any possible abuses and negative aspects but wasnt able to find any that would really harm the Gamemode.

I tried to solve every aspect of the Mode via already exiting server settings to prevent additional work for the devs. The only aspect I am not sure of is if it is possible top change the mentioned settings automatically in the mentioned timespan - If not I beliefe this should be an rather small job to implement.

I would love to hear your guys opinions on the general idea, eventual abuses and additional suggestions! :) 

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived