A quick guide on how to survive Abberation and get on your feet!

wortsidies

So you just started out on Abberation and it's brutal, everything wants to kill you from Ravagers to Raptors, or Baryonyx to Basilisks. And you don't know what to do. So that's why I'm here to help.

So first off you want to spawn at Fertile Lake 3. From there you want to find a good location to place down some foundations off the ground (higher) so nothing will get you. Another good option is to find a big archway and place down Dinosaur Gates blocking off the entry points, although I strongly recommend the first option.

Now that you have down some foundations, get all the basic crafting stations and storage boxes. I suggest placing down a 2x2 wood/stone foundation and placing your stations on top of there you want to craft the basic stuff, narcotics, arrows and smelt some metal. Craft some metal tools, you'll need em. A good place to find early game metal is to just mine the river rocks, or if you manage to find actual metal nodes, mine them.

Next tame a basic dino, i suggest an Iguanodon, they give you berries and are a good versatile mount. Gather up a lot of Narcoberries and craft yourself a bunch of narcotics.

Now you have metal tools, gather up a lot of stone, thatch and wood. Make your stone base with a 2x2 foundation, and make it 2 high, essentially creating a big box. You also will most likely want to put up Dinosaur Gates around your base to protect your dinos.

Now that you have some good basic tames, a lot of narcotics and tranq arrows, tame your first Abberation dino. The Ravager. You can search up some good traps to tame these on youtube, but a sidenote is that their saddle is at level 42.

Now that you have some Ravagers, and some basic resource dinos, it's time to explore and have fun progressing, also Ravagers halve the weight of all resources.

If you want some Abberation content, I suggest watching Syntac's Abberation playthrough. 

I hoped this helped, feel free to give feedback in the comments, bye!

• 2 weeks later...

I started with a fresh level 0 character there because I had heard about how hard it was to get off the map.  (It's not so bad once you learn the map)

When I arrived, so much of the map was pillared it was just about impossible to build a base.   After alot of deaths, misfortunates, and leveling to unlock items, I was able to finally get the resources together to build a starter base on raft.  (75 hide as a newbie character dying all of the time is brutal)

Eventually I found a small 6 x 6 space between two different bases and was able to build myself a small base.  (Haha, should have pillared better!)

Now I have just outlasted many of the existing pillars and slowly taken a nice spot in the blue zone.

Archived