Single Player PC Switching Maps

djenkins72968

Hello, I am playing single player on PC, currently on Valguero.  I am almost done with what I wanted to accomplish on Valguero, and I wanted to move to Scorched Earth next.  I have a few questions before I do though:

1. What happens with my base and everything I own on Valguero when I leave?  Does everything kind of go into idle?  Or do generators keep using gas and do other items keep using other resources while I am playing on Scorched Earth?

2. Can I travel freely between the two maps (meaning uploading my survivor and downloading on the other map)?  Can I go back at will and upload other tames or other items as I need them on Scorched Earth?

3. I would eventually like to have some kind of base on each story map that I can travel to as I need\want to.  Is that possible?

4. Any tips before I start doing all of this?

Thanks for any help!

1. Yes, everything goes to idle state.

2. Yes, you can upload and download your character, dinos and items as many as you want.

3. Put a bed in your base and you can respawn there after downloading your character. To download items/dinos you need to use obelisk or tek transmiter.

4. I suggest you execute the command saveworld immediately after downloading character, items and dinos. It will prevent losing your data when the game crashes between downloading and automatic save.

6 hours ago, Jozek said:

1. Yes, everything goes to idle state.

2. Yes, you can upload and download your character, dinos and items as many as you want.

3. Put a bed in your base and you can respawn there after downloading your character. To download items/dinos you need to use obelisk or tek transmiter.

4. I suggest you execute the command saveworld immediately after downloading character, items and dinos. It will prevent losing your data when the game crashes between downloading and automatic save.

And then backup that /Saved folder elsewhere just by habit. Just escaped with only 2-4 hours lost due to HD failure.

It's only a few hundred megabytes so cloud uploading is feasible.

Archived