Strong Base Design for aspiring tribes. (Critique)

IDNeon

Definitions:
Turrets = Plant-x
Autos = Auto-turrets.

The Base:

A metal base 2 behemos wide and 1 behemo tall...with a stone terrace around it (maybe 5 steps on collumns which should come to about 3 floors high) that will be FULL of plant-x...the main base in the center will have plant-x on top and auto-turrets on the edges (and autos on the edges of the terrace just to cover against rockets). Then out of that will be a behemo wall with max plant-x on top and auto-turrets to guard the plant-x from rockets.

The Dinos:

A carry-all Quetz - 6 plant-x turrets on the platform saddle, nothing else, max carry weight resource harvester.
War-quetz - built with armor, and max-turret design with enclosed generator for autos as well.
Gigas - depending on your server you may have Giga limitations but get what you can.
War-Brontos - I think these are the best "anti-Giga" options.  Huge AOE attack to wipe out grounders in the base. Keep the War-bronto close to the core base as defense multiplier.  There are good build concepts...make them with at least 6 plant-x broadsides (6 plant-x is enough to push back Giga) and autos.

Here's why I want to argue for this design.  The concept is simple to put together, it's very compact and central, and the behemo gates gives you a larger dino pen than the one you build in the base.

Why not onion build?  This build is too powerful to consider breaches...if someone breaches your base they brought enough to wipe your base, so an onion isn't going to make a difference.

Why compact like this?  This base serves as a powerhouse to expand from, it acts as a central HQ for an upstart tribe.  It's a tough nut to crack, an embedded alpha can do it, but doubtful any other tribe can.  Depending on your dinos I don't think even normal Alpha tribes (not the mega-alphas some servers have) will not be able to crack it and will not want to try.

Throwing this base up, with 4 - 6 good players, takes 1 weekend...and you don't have to spend all day over the entire weekend to do it all in metal.  The wall will have to be stone behemo at first, but the concentration of turrets will keep back Gigas at least.  But without the autos you can't protect them from rockets.

Because it's quick to throw up (relatively) you can get a lot of prepwork done first, taming the quetz/anky...building plant-x, gathering stone.

I don't have a good pic of the concept yet, I'll see if I can edit it into this thread over the weekend or such.

Archived