I need help

TheGamingPickle

I need help

So I have a computer at my moms house and my dads house. I spend most of my time playing ark on my desktop at my moms. I am trying to play the same world save at my moms here at my dads on a different computer but it is not syncing my games together. I've looked up many videos and tried reaching out to wild card but nothings working. Can someone help me?

Hiya, are you playing single player, or on a server? I'm guessing single player. Those world saves are on your computer, not in the cloud, so it can't sync between computers automatically. You can do it manually by copying your save files from your mom's computer and putting them onto your dad's computer. Instructions here.

Or, you could play on a dedicated server you set up for yourself, which would sync automatically. I play single player myself, so I can't help you with that, but I'm sure there are instructions out there if you search.

Either, transfer your save folder onto a memory stick when your done in one place and replace the files at the other place.

Or if you rent your own private server you can log into it from the same steam account wherever you are without messing around with anything. 

i have my own private server just for myself, its only £7 a month and i much prefer it to single player. The game just runs smoother especially around big bases and things still happen when you log off like dinos carry on taming, crops growing ect...

Archived