Unexplained Frame Drops

chase12124

Unexplained Frame Drops

Hey all,

I want to start off by saying, all of this is occurring in SP on PC. So basically, I get these very strange frame drops on the Island map that seem to be time-based and only in certain areas. For instance, there's this small plain that leads into forest next to my base and during the daytime its a constant 60 fps (my monitor refresh rate is 60hz with Vsync enabled), but while transitioning to nigh and day, drops my frames, and let it be known dome drops are worse than others, sometimes my frames only drop to about 55 fps, other times they get all the way down to 35 fps. However, while this is occurring, if i look in another direction the frames jump back to the 60 fps cap. I'll also say that the settings don't really matter regarding these drops, currently they are a mix of high and epic, and I've tried seeing if putting them to medium and low would help, and go figure, it only gained me back like 2-5 fps. These drops don't make the game unplayable, just an annoying nuisance. I just want to know if there is anyone else experiencing this, or if there is a solution.

My PC specs:

GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 8gb

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

RAM: 16gb

PSU: 750 W

Additional Notes:

- I updated my graphics drivers a few days ago to stop ark from crashing and stuttering (it worked).

- This only happens to me on the island, I have not experienced any frame drops on any of the other maps.

And yes, I know I have a cpu bottleneck of around 8-10% but I just upgraded my gpu from an rx 580 and can't upgrade my cpu for a few months.

Archived