50% CrossArk Enabled and 50% CrossArk Transfer Disabled on new or existing maps

Matthew12302526473

Suggestion

50% CrossArk Enabled and 50% CrossArk Transfer Disabled on new or existing maps

CHANGE MY MIND

”New ark maps should come with 50% CrossArk Transfer enabled and 50% CrossArk Disabled”

Let me keep this quick and simple

i myself have been a part of some very big tribes who took part in boss fights, breeding and ultimately being unable to feed the vast animals of animals that we had. However as of recently I have also been a very small tribe due to a lack of active members and have found it virtually impossible to play without being wiped whatever that reason may be, I.e Meshing or mega super tribes. I am coming at this from an objective standpoint based on my own experience with over 120days of playing time. The argument positioned here by me is as follows: For NEW ARK maps only CrossArk transferring of dinos and structures and any general inventory should not be allowed, with the potential exception of just character progession(TBD). The compromise could be that new ark maps are released with 50% CrossArk enabled and 50% CrossQrk Disabled permanently. And the points to support this argument is as follows:

-On ark megatribes and general big have essentially monopolised ark on a global level. Which is fine they have worked hard and have been rewarded accordingly, after all ark is a very high reward for grinding.

-However for new players this represents significantly high barriers to entry. This means for new ark players, especially those with a limited amount of friends to tribe up with, will struggle to compete and as social dwarnisim would have it - will simply die out due to the wraith of highly advanced established tribes 

-On new ark maps like the upcoming Valguero map. CrossArk transfer for dinos and structures or any inventory should be banned all together not just for an introductionary ‘cool-down’ period, as this will allow new entrants to join ark and build up without the potential threat of tribes in other servers who can simply join the new valguero servers and simply place down their advanced stronghold with ease and if they wanted to wipe or grief all other players who have come to play on the new map

-A new map should represent a fresh start for all ark players, it should level out the playing field and create an equal meritocracy where the ‘wealthy’ built up tribes do not join new maps with an inherent ‘societal’ advantage over others. Also one could argue that if these big tribes have been able to become big then it shouldn’t be Hard for them to do the same again the new maps 

-It is no pragmatic to say to ban CrossArk transfers all together as maps that are already in the game have already been globalised in this way, it would not be reasonable to remove this feature whilst it is already being used by ark players

-I completely understand that the key arguments against my argument would be things such as it will create repetitiveness for existing players who would not want to go on a new map and have to tame a new giga when they have already bred a 6th gen giga. This is why I propose 50% CrossArk enabled and 50% CrossArk permanently disabled for new maps as this should satisfy all players of the ark community 

if you agree upvote, if not voice ur counter-arguments below. Thankyou :)

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived