ARK - ICE AGE CUSTOM MAP AND SPAWNS (10000BC)

ARK - ICE AGE CUSTOM MAP AND SPAWNS
Sooo hello everyone. I will start introducing my idea of a custom map. I host ARK and Conan Servers for quite a few years now and always wanted to try something like this.

ARK - 10000 BC - WORLD OF OROS

chro0ahbuw231.jpg
ARK - 10000 BC

1.The Ice Age Map will be adapted to mammals and animals that lived 10000 BC.

2.NO DINOSAUR SPAWNS AT ALL.

3.ONLY MAMMALS AND OTHER SUCH CREATURES ARE AVAILABLE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE BIOMES ACCORDING TO WHAT ARK HAS TO OFFER IN MATTERS OF CREATURES THAT LIVED 10000 YEARS AGO.

4.SERVER WILL BE RUNNING ON PRIMITIVE PLUS, THOUGH FLY MOUNTS ARE ENABLED.

5.MAP USED WILL BE RAGNAROK DUE TO VAST ENVIRONMENTS AND MOST CLOSE ARCHITECTURE TO OUR PLANET YEARS AGO.

6. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO JOIN TRIBES AND RAID ACCORDINGLY, I ENCOURAGE SMALL TRIBES SO FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER BUT AGAINST NATURE ITSELF.

7. SERVER HAS MODDED SPAWNS TO SIMULATE:

A.HERDS OF MAMMOTHS TRAVELLING THE GRASSLANDS BASED ON ACTUAL REAL LIFE WEATHER. IF ITS WINTER WHERE YOU LIVE, MAMMALS WILL START HAVING WINTER BEHAVIOR AND MIGRATE FROM ONE AREA TO ANOTHER.

B. WOLF PACKS IN DEEP WOODED AREAS AND NEAR CLIFFS, FORCED BREEDING IS ACTIVE THUS MOST PACKS WOULD HAVE INSANE NUMBERS.

C.OTHER SUCH HERS OF SMALL TO LARGER ANIMALS SET TO BEHAVE ACCORDING TO THEIR BIOME.

8.SERVER HAS CONTROLLED SPAWN RATES AND CONTROL ON WILD CREATURES MOVEMENT. MOST CREATURES WILL NOT WANDER TOO FAR AWAY FROM THEIR DESIGNATED SPAWN AREA.

9. DAY/NIGHT SCALES LIKE IN REAL LIFE BASED ON GMT+3 FOR EUROPE. EG IN THE SUMMER NIGHTS ARE SHORTER DAYS ARE LONGER, WINTER THE OPPOSITE AND SO ON.

10. SERVER ENCOURAGES NO CREATED AUTO DESTROY AND NO BUILDING DAMAGE. RAID PROTECTION WILL BE ON SINCE THE GAME ENCOURAGES MAN AGAINST NATURE.

11. CREATURES AND PLAYERS HAVE CUSTOM VARIABLE RATES, IN SIMPLE TERMS MAMMALS ARE TOUGHER AND LIFE CONDITIONS ARE MORE HARSH FOR THE PLAYER, EG INCREASED COLD WEATHER DURING THE NIGHT, LIGHT WEATHER DURING THE DAY AND MANY OTHER SUCH FEATURES.

12. NO TEK AVAILABLE WHATSOEVER.

13. VERY RARE WYVERN SPAWN RATES, 1-2 EGGS PER MONTH, USUALLY FIND UP TO 5 WYVERNS IN THE WHOLE MAP.

14.BOSSES, THE SERVER HAS "CUSTOM" BOSSED NOT VIA ARENAS BUT VIA CUSTOM WILD DINO INSERTION IN SPECIFIC AREAS OF THE MAP.

A.GIANT SHORT FACE BEAR BOSS, HIDDEN DEEP IN THE REDWWOODS FOREST, DWELING IN A CAVE WITH INCREASES STATS, USED ABERANT VERSION FOR BETTER BOSS LOOK A LIKE.

B. CUSTOM MANTICORE BATTLE.

C.AN ALPHA CUSTOM PAINTED WILD DINO, SERVERS AS THE KING AND LOCATED IN THE HIGHEST POINT OF THE MAP IN THE GRASSLANDS. USED AN ABERRANT PAINTED GIGA FORCED INTO PERMA RAGE METER.

15. SECRET LOCATIONS, BASES AND MANY OTHER STRUCTURES LEFT FROM PAST CIVILIZATIONS TO INHABIT FOR THOSE LUCKY ENOUGH TO FIND THEM, AND FEND OFF THE PREDATORS THAT TOOK PLACE OVER THEM IN TIME.

So far those are all the ideas I have, I started building the INI files already, and server will be both PC and PS4.

Due to limited time it will take most of the summer to build, implement and test the server, I am using Nitrado but testing on windows server, might just build my own server from scratch got some good deals on cloudfare.

Until then if anyone else finds himself in the idea, I would need competent people who dealt with ini files and private servers before, simply to help me implement faster the above.

Thank you !

On 6/17/2019 at 11:45 AM, RegisInferorum said:

ARK - ICE AGE CUSTOM MAP AND SPAWNS
Sooo hello everyone. I will start introducing my idea of a custom map. I host ARK and Conan Servers for quite a few years now and always wanted to try something like this.

ARK - 10000 BC - WORLD OF OROS

chro0ahbuw231.jpg
ARK - 10000 BC

1.The Ice Age Map will be adapted to mammals and animals that lived 10000 BC.

2.NO DINOSAUR SPAWNS AT ALL.

3.ONLY MAMMALS AND OTHER SUCH CREATURES ARE AVAILABLE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE BIOMES ACCORDING TO WHAT ARK HAS TO OFFER IN MATTERS OF CREATURES THAT LIVED 10000 YEARS AGO.

4.SERVER WILL BE RUNNING ON PRIMITIVE PLUS, THOUGH FLY MOUNTS ARE ENABLED.

5.MAP USED WILL BE RAGNAROK DUE TO VAST ENVIRONMENTS AND MOST CLOSE ARCHITECTURE TO OUR PLANET YEARS AGO.

6. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO JOIN TRIBES AND RAID ACCORDINGLY, I ENCOURAGE SMALL TRIBES SO FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER BUT AGAINST NATURE ITSELF.

7. SERVER HAS MODDED SPAWNS TO SIMULATE:

A.HERDS OF MAMMOTHS TRAVELLING THE GRASSLANDS BASED ON ACTUAL REAL LIFE WEATHER. IF ITS WINTER WHERE YOU LIVE, MAMMALS WILL START HAVING WINTER BEHAVIOR AND MIGRATE FROM ONE AREA TO ANOTHER.

B. WOLF PACKS IN DEEP WOODED AREAS AND NEAR CLIFFS, FORCED BREEDING IS ACTIVE THUS MOST PACKS WOULD HAVE INSANE NUMBERS.

C.OTHER SUCH HERS OF SMALL TO LARGER ANIMALS SET TO BEHAVE ACCORDING TO THEIR BIOME.

8.SERVER HAS CONTROLLED SPAWN RATES AND CONTROL ON WILD CREATURES MOVEMENT. MOST CREATURES WILL NOT WANDER TOO FAR AWAY FROM THEIR DESIGNATED SPAWN AREA.

9. DAY/NIGHT SCALES LIKE IN REAL LIFE BASED ON GMT+3 FOR EUROPE. EG IN THE SUMMER NIGHTS ARE SHORTER DAYS ARE LONGER, WINTER THE OPPOSITE AND SO ON.

10. SERVER ENCOURAGES NO CREATED AUTO DESTROY AND NO BUILDING DAMAGE. RAID PROTECTION WILL BE ON SINCE THE GAME ENCOURAGES MAN AGAINST NATURE.

11. CREATURES AND PLAYERS HAVE CUSTOM VARIABLE RATES, IN SIMPLE TERMS MAMMALS ARE TOUGHER AND LIFE CONDITIONS ARE MORE HARSH FOR THE PLAYER, EG INCREASED COLD WEATHER DURING THE NIGHT, LIGHT WEATHER DURING THE DAY AND MANY OTHER SUCH FEATURES.

12. NO TEK AVAILABLE WHATSOEVER.

13. VERY RARE WYVERN SPAWN RATES, 1-2 EGGS PER MONTH, USUALLY FIND UP TO 5 WYVERNS IN THE WHOLE MAP.

14.BOSSES, THE SERVER HAS "CUSTOM" BOSSED NOT VIA ARENAS BUT VIA CUSTOM WILD DINO INSERTION IN SPECIFIC AREAS OF THE MAP.

A.GIANT SHORT FACE BEAR BOSS, HIDDEN DEEP IN THE REDWWOODS FOREST, DWELING IN A CAVE WITH INCREASES STATS, USED ABERANT VERSION FOR BETTER BOSS LOOK A LIKE.

B. CUSTOM MANTICORE BATTLE.

C.AN ALPHA CUSTOM PAINTED WILD DINO, SERVERS AS THE KING AND LOCATED IN THE HIGHEST POINT OF THE MAP IN THE GRASSLANDS. USED AN ABERRANT PAINTED GIGA FORCED INTO PERMA RAGE METER.

15. SECRET LOCATIONS, BASES AND MANY OTHER STRUCTURES LEFT FROM PAST CIVILIZATIONS TO INHABIT FOR THOSE LUCKY ENOUGH TO FIND THEM, AND FEND OFF THE PREDATORS THAT TOOK PLACE OVER THEM IN TIME.

So far those are all the ideas I have, I started building the INI files already, and server will be both PC and PS4.

Due to limited time it will take most of the summer to build, implement and test the server, I am using Nitrado but testing on windows server, might just build my own server from scratch got some good deals on cloudfare.

Until then if anyone else finds himself in the idea, I would need competent people who dealt with ini files and private servers before, simply to help me implement faster the above.

Thank you !

Got a few updates: (8th June 2019)

I have one DEV working now to build the custom AI movement for the migration of the animals. I am not sure this will work on a console since I am using a MOD to achieve this.

Ini files are ready and tested, right now all mammals spawn correctly instead of dinosaurs, there are no dinos on the map except the GIGA boss.

I have a friend from Nitrado looking at my settings and files, we're trying to have everything on console as well.

More updates near mid June.

UPDATES: (9th June 2019)

Will be using Windows Server 2012 R2 , giving up on any dedicated hosting website, the R2 version is the best of for my hardware.

Giving up on using or playing with existing mods to arrange animal migration.

Using ARK Dev Kit to build a new mode which will simulate mammal seasonal migration, the 2 devs gave me an ETA of mid July.

UPDATES: 11th June 2019:

See below a list with all creatures available on the server, all creatures spawn correctly no bugs so far. In a few days I will update all Rag zones to show you guys what type of dinos spawn in each region and with what mammals each dino was replaced.

CREATURES (99 total):

Anglerfish    ---    Fish

Coelacanth    ---    Fish

Dunkleosteus    ---    Fish

Electrophorus    ---    Fish

Leedsichthys    ---    Fish

Manta    ---    Fish

Megalodon    ---    Fish

Piranha    ---    Fish

Sabertooth Salmon    ---    Fish

Achatina    ---    Invertebrates

Ammonite    ---    Invertebrates

Araneo    ---    Invertebrates

Arthropluera    ---    Invertebrates

Cnidaria    ---    Invertebrates

Deathworm    ---    Invertebrates

Dung Beetle    ---    Invertebrates

Eurypterid    ---    Invertebrates

Giant Bee    ---    Invertebrates

Leech    ---    Invertebrates

Diseased Leech    ---    Invertebrates

Meganeura    ---    Invertebrates

Pulmonoscorpius    ---    Invertebrates

Titanomyrma    ---    Invertebrates

Titanomyrma    ---    Invertebrates

Trilobite    ---    Invertebrates

Tusoteuthis    ---    Invertebrates

Basilosaurus    ---    Mammals

Chalicotherium    ---    Mammals

Castoroides    ---    Mammals

Daeodon    ---    Mammals

Direbear    ---    Mammals

Direwolf    ---    Mammals

Doedicurus    ---    Mammals

Equus    ---    Mammals

Unicorn    ---    Mammals

Gigantopithecus    ---    Mammals

Hyaenodon    ---    Mammals

Mammoth    ---    Mammals

Megaloceros    ---    Mammals

Megatherium    ---    Mammals

Mesopithecus    ---    Mammals

Onychonycteris    ---    Mammals

Otter    ---    Mammals

Ovis    ---    Mammals

Paraceratherium    ---    Mammals

Phiomia    ---    Mammals

Procoptodon    ---    Mammals

Sabertooth    ---    Mammals

Thylacoleo    ---    Mammals

Woolly Rhino    ---    Mammals

Yeti    ---    Mammals

Beelzebufo    ---    Reptiles

Carbonemys    ---    Reptiles

Ichthyosaurus    ---    Reptiles

Kaprosuchus    ---    Reptiles

Liopleurodon    ---    Reptiles

Megalania    ---    Reptiles

Mosasaurus    ---    Reptiles

Plesiosaur    ---    Reptiles

Quetzalcoatlus    ---    Reptiles

Sarco    ---    Reptiles

Tapejara    ---    Reptiles

Titanoboa    ---    Reptiles

Purlovia    ---    Synapsids

Diplocaulus    ---    Amphibians

Archaeopteryx    ---    Birds

Argentavis    ---    Birds

Dodo    ---    Birds

Hesperornis    ---    Birds

Ichthyornis    ---    Birds

Kairuku    ---    Birds

Pelagornis    ---    Birds

Terror Bird    ---    Birds

Jerboa    ---    Mammals

Jug Bug    ---    Invertebrates

Oil Jug Bug    ---    Invertebrates

Water Jug Bug    ---    Invertebrates

Lymantria    ---    Invertebrates

Mantis    ---    Invertebrates

Morellatops    ---    Dinosaurs - This entry was kept because the dino resembles Megalochelys (extinct turtle).

Vulture    ---    Birds

Thorny Dragon    ---    Reptiles

Griffin    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Basilisk    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Bulbdog    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Featherlight    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Glowbug    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Glowtail    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Karkinos    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Lamprey    ---    Fish

Nameless    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Rock Drake    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Rockwell    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Roll Rat    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Seeker    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Shinehorn    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Gacha    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Gasbags    ---    Fantasy Creatures

Snow Owl    ---    Birds

UPDATES 17th JUNE:

1.Animal migration is only available on PC, we can't really make mods work on the PS4. We have a mod called DECmigration, made by Xassel43J, cheers to him for that, the mod basically scripts animal movement, it does have an ini part, we tried copying that into the settings of PS4 howeverrrrrrr we got all animals stuck in 1 point overlapping and not moving, so only doing that for PC.

2.On PS4 besides animal migration everything works fine, on PC we still have massive lag issues when mammoths decide to move from one biome to another.

3.If Valguero (New Map or maybe DLC) gets released in time, might move to that one.

UPDATES 18th JUNE:

PS4 Servers were completely removed and will not be brought back in the future.

Thank you for all the good times on the PS4 servers, I started playing this game on PC in vanilla and shortly after the console launch played only on the PS4.

Going back to PC due to mods and many other features which bring this game to a new life.

Thank you !

Archived