All the lags and server shutdowns

Alexis00

Certain maps or servers appear worse than others. I play on an Official Center map and the only real issue I get is from megabases (loading in) and from the 15 minute server saves which isnt great but I believe there is a good technical reason for it.

All servers now have a decent population, large bases and many tames so I can understand why there is the odd performance issue from time to time. I also think (and Im not saying you here) that people dont know how to set up graphics options and tend to play with too high resolutions and/or settings which also decreases performance and the perception it is the server that is the issue.

Other issues are where people are abusing the server, trying to dupe/ crash etc but again, there is limited policing WC can do as they have so many servers and not enough admin.

Essentially though, as many people have stated, its about balancing the books, and money. They dont want to pay for lots of server admins, they dont want to pay for upgraded servers as that takes away from their profit margins. They have other games to worry about too, so ARK will be a balancing act going forward.

Thats my opinion, nothing is proven fact here. 

Archived