XBox/ PC Crossplay server backup issues

Himoe

During a recent update to our Crossplay server, we lost all our server data. Having restarted the game, I'm looking to backup the server data files. I've located them in the hidden AppData directory  but when I try to copy them over to a different drive, I keep getting an error message that says, "Your Organization does not allow you to place this file here." I'm running Windows 10 Home and I've tried messing with permissions but despite several days of Google searches, I haven't come across a solution. Anybody know how I can back up these files?

Thanks,

You need admin rights to move those files/copy them. I use a cloud backup software to keep copies of mine which do version history every 30 minutes. To restore to any PC, you simply copy the files back into the directory. You only need the Local State > "Saved" folder, I wouldn't mess with other things. The saved folder has your server settings (game and game user setting ini file) and under the maps> directory, there is a map folder for each version of the map, you can only have 1 version of each map type at a time. If you want more than one version of each map time, you will first have to copy the map save data out and save it separately. You can only host one instance of the game at a time, no cross-server options yet or way to link them even when hosting with multiple accounts and versions of the game.

Archived