Extinction Creatures ( Balancing Needed! )

Arsequick

So with the release of extinction (I play on console btw) It’s really become a point of interest with the new creatures and their abilities MAINLY the snow owl, it’s so over powered even being on the attacking side the healing is just too powerful it literally heals more than the daedon with little to no use of skill, you can flee so many fights with the dives it’s also has an insane dive bomb effect that slows all nearb enemies by so much ! I believe they need an obvious balance. Another creature would be the managramr, it’s use of stamina almost makes its dive abilities useless, you’re honestly better off running or walking on ground also it’s current button layout on console is horrible. Does anyone have their opinions on extinction creatures? 

Cheers -

They recently did a balance fix on PC regarding Snow Owls and it's healing. It does considerably less now and yes, the dive is fast, but you have a Griffin which does exactly the same AND it can do insane damage during the dive if it hits something meanwhile the owl does not do that afaik. Another thing about it is, you cannot grab anything so in all fairness I feel like the Owl is in a balanced state rn and probably one of my favourite creatures.

The Managramr is indeed a bit pointless, they want it to be a special dino with jumping and all but the stamina completely ruins that point and don't even get me started on how slow it regenerates, this should be a mid tier to high tier creature and currently it's not that great at all.

Post nerf (pc) owl i believe to be balanced beautifully and the best tame to date. The heal is massivly reduced as the health per second now scales off the owl hp, not what its healing and it drains stam alot quicker now.

No picking at all and the night vision range also seems reduced and i believe scales off a stat i have not found. Meaning you actually need to specislise for roles.

Managramr takes some getting used to. There good, but not exceptional and have their uses, there good cave runners, can run from anything, have a decent attack value and their ice breath has some good utility.

Without the high stam consumption i believe they would be OP as the ice breath outranges everything in the game, and its mechanic basically means with unlimited stamina you could solo kill anything in game without taking damage.

16 minutes ago, Saupe said:

Post nerf (pc) owl i believe to be balanced beautifully and the best tame to date. The heal is massivly reduced as the health per second now scales off the owl hp, not what its healing and it drains stam alot quicker now.

No picking at all and the night vision range also seems reduced and i believe scales off a stat i have not found. Meaning you actually need to specislise for roles.

Managramr takes some getting used to. There good, but not exceptional and have their uses, there good cave runners, can run from anything, have a decent attack value and their ice breath has some good utility.

Without the high stam consumption i believe they would be OP as the ice breath outranges everything in the game, and its mechanic basically means with unlimited stamina you could solo kill anything in game without taking damage.

Thanks for your reply, I believe us on console are still on the post nerf of verison, must be why it’s so powerful at the moment. I think the managramr’s stamina regen should scale alongside maximum stamina pointless upgrading stamina when it takes 1-2 minutes to regen 2k~ they should at least make the jumps/dashes use less stamina, I also hate how fast they fall out of the air when out of stamina 

1 hour ago, BloodyHarvest said:

They recently did a balance fix on PC regarding Snow Owls and it's healing. It does considerably less now and yes, the dive is fast, but you have a Griffin which does exactly the same AND it can do insane damage during the dive if it hits something meanwhile the owl does not do that afaik. Another thing about it is, you cannot grab anything so in all fairness I feel like the Owl is in a balanced state rn and probably one of my favourite creatures.

The Managramr is indeed a bit pointless, they want it to be a special dino with jumping and all but the stamina completely ruins that point and don't even get me started on how slow it regenerates, this should be a mid tier to high tier creature and currently it's not that great at all.

Yes I think us on console are behind on verisons, we also have insane 500 dmg weapons and armor off of Gacha Crystals 

Archived