Dire Wolf Taming Question

Rakkasan

I've been preparing to get a Dire Wolf and so went and looked at the official site. It says, 

"They can be picked up by an Argentavis, making it easy to separate one from a pack and put it in a small box with windows to shoot arrows through. Lower Levels take 4-12 tranq arrows. Beware however, that unlike other dinos, the wolf can sometimes hit the bird that is carrying them, potentially killing it and its rider."

I went and looked at an Ark Mobile player video about taming Dire Wolves today and she didn't 'mention this at all. In fact she picked it up without incident.

Has anyone experienced the wolf being able to hit the bird and, if so, was the damage sufficiently high to be dangerous?

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, Rakkasan said:

I've been preparing to get a Dire Wolf and so went and looked at the official site. It says, 

"They can be picked up by an Argentavis, making it easy to separate one from a pack and put it in a small box with windows to shoot arrows through. Lower Levels take 4-12 tranq arrows. Beware however, that unlike other dinos, the wolf can sometimes hit the bird that is carrying them, potentially killing it and its rider."

I went and looked at an Ark Mobile player video about taming Dire Wolves today and she didn't 'mention this at all. In fact she picked it up without incident.

Has anyone experienced the wolf being able to hit the bird and, if so, was the damage sufficiently high to be dangerous?

Thanks.

You don’t want to take some of the stuff on the wiki too seriously. Yes, the wolf can sometimes hit you if you pick it up at an odd angle. No, this will not kill you unless your argent is under 50 health. This is hardly dangerous. You will take a lot more damage trying to tame a wolf on foot. If you notice it hits you just drop the wolf and pick it up at a different angle.

Archived