What are the rules for these servers? I've been wiped not because someone wanted to loot, but because they were worried about being banned for us building too close. Can I be friendly with people or will I get banned? I have no interest in killing everyone I see, not everyone is developed enough to have anything worth taking. Can I sell my beaver because after taming it realized chainsaws are better, or is that some form of teaming? We need actual rules to follow.

TLDR: In the bottom

You cant sell tames, cause you cant unclaim. There is a longer process of using the transfer system, but that would be trying to bend the rules and not allowed. It is not allowed to trade lines, therefor not allowed to do it. You can however end up raiding someone and score their fertilized eggs. Which should be okay.

Smalltribes have a lot of grey areas. You are allowed to be neutral to people and do trading, despite it being pvp, they do afterall want you to make friends and play the game the way you find it fun. The whole teaming problem all comes down to raiding as far as I have experienced. 

The real thing that can get you devwiped for teaming or really marked for teaming in a way that devs will care about it, is if you show up more than 1 tribe, so mby 2-3 tribes to take down 1 tribe. That will get you devwiped.

Now there is also the situation that you might spot 2 tribes fighting eachother, 1 might try to raid the other, this is a kit heaven, and even entering this fight should be okay, but that is where the grey area starts. Cause you might only be killing one side cause they are not good at maybe staying in cover etc. and then you will be called a teamer.

So ye, obvious teaming is the kind of teaming where you will have to use effort on actually teaming, that is not allowed and get punished rather fast.

Neutral should be fine, even engaing in open world or raids aslong as you are not obviously teaming against one, should also be fine, the word teaming will be thrown a lot, but I have yet to experience or hear about innocent people being devwiped because of being called "teamers" in rather redicoulus situations that could actually look like teaming. And that mainly comes down to devs actually looking into every report with a grain of salt. 

So aslong as you are not doing obvious teaming as in raids where you team up with other tribes to take on one. Or join up defending a tribe that is getting attacked, you should be more than fine. Living close to another tribe will not be seen as teaming from the devs as far as I understand.

I am not a dev, but this is just the kind of feeling I have gotten from smalltribes playing on them since day 1. - Teaming is most likely the most used word on smalltribe servers, I have  witnessed 4 dev wipes, all was, from my PoV, done right. One incident was actually my own tribe being attacked by 4 russian tribes, at the same time, it couldnt get more obvious the way it was done, so I streamed it to have proper proof and devs where there 30mins later and dev wiped the russians, but they only devwiped 3 of the 4 russian tribes, becuase one of the tribes hadnt setup a FOB yet, we killed the argie they had their stuff in and stole all the fob materials, so all they had gotten up was just a box, and devs didnt see that as enough to go under teaming.. And other tribe wiped had stuff undermesh.

Just my little rant about it. 

TLDR: Dont be multiple tribes raiding 1 tribe, then you should be out of any teaming suspecious at the devs.

Archived