Playing and Hosting on same PC

Xerock

So I just picked up the Windows 10 version of the game. So, unlike the Steam version, I can't just run a dedicated server.

At first I made a silver Xbox account and a new user on my PC. I swapped over to the new user, logged into the Xbox app with the Silver account and launched Ark and started up a dedicated server. I would then swap over to my main PC account which is logged into my Gold account and launch the game and join the server.

This worked for a bit, however the server side of things would crash after about 20-30 minutes of playing over and over. If I don't play the game on the same machine, it runs just fine for hours (my wife is playing on the server on the xbox without an issue).

Now I am running into another issue....If I try to join the server now, it just gets stuck on the loading screen with `PrimalGameData_BP` in the bottom left. This sticks around for a bit but ends with a popup saying "Unable to connect to host" Or something about timing out.

Anyone manage to get Dedicated Windows Hosting and playing on the same machine working well?

Specs:
i7-6700k
GTX1080Ti
32GBs RAM

I tried exactly what you described and I was never successful at even connecting once. Creating new pc user, xbox silver account, all that jazz. I can access through other PC's or Xbox's but not through host PC. Ive been trying to get support for windows 10 specific questions for like a month on this forum and it seems no one is interested in or has answers to help for us window 10 users. I can find the solution for all my problems for steam versions but no solutions for windows 10 always. Really makes me regret buying this game. Im commenting mainly to follow this in hopes someone answers your question, tho I asked the same thing and had no solution and in most cases no responses. Good luck. I hope its better than mine. 

Archived