mod request Looking for modders for a society mod

Auranim

Hi. I have an idea for a mod to help tribes organise and function as a micro-society, mostly for RP purposes, but also some functionality (like assigning engrams and blueprints to specific players). It'd be a modular mod that would feature ways to control all sections of societal division: professions, religion, birth status (e.g. noble, commoner, royalty, etc.), political ranks, among others. Of course, I have a lot planned already, just need someone to discuss my ideas with and who's able to implement them into the game.

I don't have any knowledge (or interest) in programming, which is why I'm not willing to do it myself, but it's an idea that's worth making into fruition. If there's anyone who'd like to take a shot at this and has the time and good will, please let me know =)

The problem with ideas is: Everyone has them.

There is this misconception that ideas are very valuable, that's not the case. Making them reality is the hard part. And if you say right from the start you are not interested to invest time and effort, well probably no one will be interested to pick up your idea.

If you are not into the technical aspect of modding, you still could make a concept, draw how the GUI should look, go into detail about the features, think about if it could be exploited and how to prevent that, etc.

Hi, Thorium. Thank you for your feedback. I see where you're coming from, but I tend to think that the solution to the problem that everyone has ideas is: some are better than others.

Good ideas are valuable, that's not a misconception. Small ideas that are not fleshed and based on a general perspective of necessity is what is misinterpreted as good while is really not. My ideas, I assure you, are well developed and based on a sense of necessity. I have scoured the workshop (and google) for mods that check my boxes, but haven't found one. So I'm looking for help. I have the concept, (I don't have a GUI or any other image because it's mostly a tribe-mechanics mod) I have details about the features and also thought of exploits, rules, specifications, behaviour, compatibility.

I posted here in case someone who likes making mods is looking for something to do but doesn't have their own ideas or doesn't think the ones they had are interesting enough. The only reason I'm not going into details here is I'm afraid someone might "steal" the idea. Not that I want credit, I don't care about that (I just want the stuff to be in-game so I can use it lol), but I'm mostly worried that I wouldn't be part of the development that way. Also because it might turn out to be quite a bit of reading, so maybe a little dull?

Do you think I should post the whole concept here?

Archived