pvp PUGPass - Paid Perfect ARK Experience.

Pugmin

Well, perfect is a strong word. But I hope it's close. If this is a too-long, didn't read. There's a shorter version and place for questions on this DISCORD Server. 

First off let me introduce myself. I’m Ben, I’m the stressed out father of two kids and happily common-law housedad. However life isn’t really that bad, this is thanks to the kids at least being cute and my girlfriend being a massage therapist. Regardless, I’ve felt a bit empty in life. Living without a direction can be hard sometimes. Being a bit older without a career, I’ve thought a lot about what I’m good at or like, and it wasn’t a long list. Then it hit me, VIDEO GAMES. Haha, but really it’s one of my greatest passions. I love gaming, and I love making things fun for people, and I’m not entirely useless so early in life. So I thought, I’m not dedicated to anything but the kids right now, why not dedicate myself to being a server admin. And I’m going to start with ARK.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there it is, my backstory. I’m going to be upfront and say I’m ready to dedicate my life to being a server admin, as odd as it sounds. Not just as a hobby or passing phase, but full-time sort-of employment. I’m currently picking up the skills to work on the server full time, which is otherwise spent with the kids. Therefore, I need to say it, this is going to be a paid experience ARK Server.

My situation should in no way influence opinions, because I’ve always felt value should be the main reason people invest in something. So below I’ve listed the reasons why I’ve decided on this kind of server.

The number one reason will be that I’m a 24/7 dedicated and crazy admin. I will keep my phone charged and on high volume, so even if there’s a mod update in the middle of the night I can be notified and updating. I’m there to help you guys get started, not run your lives. The server itself will take in the wishes of so many people from official, x2 EXP and Farm rates with 4x Tame. The tame rate will be worked with, but I’m a dad, with 2 kids aged 4 and 11 months. I can’t game like I use to, and if I get some free time it’s usually when the kids are in bed and the wife is pleased. I don’t want to log in and find all of my stuff destroyed. I want to log in, go out, fight, farm, and tame, and then go to bed without being anxious all the time. I’m sure that’s what a lot of people want.

The second reason, that we will only have 2 mods for now, and new ones will only be added on a new server. The fact that your experience isn’t going to hinge on a majority vote is huge. You’re joining the server because you like it, you don’t want that to change. But that also keeps the server close to vanilla. I’ll tell you now that in the least weird way possible, I’m dad-biased. I use to like my game feeling like a rusty dildo as I grinded dino’s and levels, which every accomplishment or defeat having way more meaning. I like the challenge. I don’t want that to change, but I want to make it easier to get a bit more out of the game, and not be paranoid. So every person / tribe that joins will get a spawn shield that protects an area for their main base and possessions. Outside of that area is a pure form of PvP, the regular ARK experience.

The third reason, I’m not going to baby people. I will of course get you introduced to the server and help you pick your base spot. However past that, you’re playing ARK. I’m 100% Dedicated to being an Admin. I’m not going to be a player (However I may be watching you), so you aren’t going to run into favorites or people getting free stuff because I like them. No babying also implies, besides downright cheating or highly malicious behavior, you’re free to let loose a bit. If I want this to be closer to vanilla, my only rule is no base camping a main base. I’m not running things with a heavy hand, I’m going to look at the T’s and C’s of the rules and make fair decisions in odd events.

And the fourth and final reason, I’m dedicated to making it a great experience. People need to see value in something before buying into it. I’ll be running events every week, with the focus on PvP. These events will have admin supplied resources to complete them with so everyone is on the same playing board (Besides your levels). Once people are acclimated, I’ll be implementing weekly ‘Quests’ to keep people busy. Such as maybe… whoever has the most dodo’s by Friday will win a ramshackle pickax blueprint.  Fun stuff, to keep you having fun and see benefit to the daily grind. Balance is the most important part of what I set out to make, that’s why everyone pays, everyone plays, everyone has a chance to succeed and make something great.

So if I’ve kept you reading this far, you’re probably thinking about it at least. So here’s a link to discord.

https://discord.gg/ae8Tp5T

If you have questions, let me know. I’m there to give answers. If you also want to try the server, I will be giving out 2 day trials to people so they can test the waters and see if it’s for them.

To get an idea of what joining the server is like, I’ll write out your first 5 minutes on the server below. Please, enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------

Player starts trial or officially signs up for server.

Player enters Discord, rank is applied automatically to join server channels.
I get notified of or notified by new player, I log in.
Player gets whitelisted, joins server.

NOW, you’re in an unknown area, you wake up on TheCenter. You’re welcomed by a strange voice in your head, and magically transported to a flying monstrocity. Thunder deafens the sound of falling rain and you then realize, you’re flying. “Let’s help you pick a spot”, says the admin. Hmmm, friendly, you think. You and the admin fly around and find a spot for you to settle into your new home. Once you find it, the admin gives you a brief intro to the rules, as well as outlets for questions and reports. Now he discusses the in-game currency. You get a personal vault to access the shop, as a player you already get a lump sum of currency. As well as an allowance per month. The admin asks what you’d like your starter pack to be. You like to tame dino’s, so he says there’s a pack perfect for you. He teaches you how to select your new tame pack, gives you your home base shield, and asks you to put it down. You’re now free to enjoy the game, remember. What happens outside is up to the players, not me. I hope you enjoy the server. Good luck! And like that, the admin flies away. Then he comes back, just as well. There’s a PvP boat tournament tomorrow, I’ll ask if you’re available when it’s time! Good luck again! Haha, funny admin. Oh look, there’s an option to buy materials for a dodo coop and paint in the vault, this will be fun.

--- The End

Archived