Hey Guys i just thought I would share a story that was actually incredible and it happened on an Official PvP server.

So me and my friend started on A Ragnorock Official PvE server. It was just the 2 of us so it was pretty difficult to get started. Luckily we had a friend that picked us up and took us to a nice island Location on the end of SW3. He was part of the alpha tribe on the server so he could give us a bit of stuff to get started. We had also started on a special 3x weekend event that carried us to lvl 30 in 1 day! Our friend gave us enough stone structures to build a half decent base in a cove which was located on the island. The island was pretty big but it wasnt insane and the alphas had raided the only base located on the island so we could inhabit it. he donated us behomith gates and we sealed of the place so we could store dinos. After a week of hard work we had 10 plant species X lined up on pillars around the base, a minture hanger at the top of the cove which stored pteranodons and a taming pen. The only dinos that spawned on our island were herbivores (except Pterandons) so for carnivores we had to get rafts and sail them over from the main land. Our tribe name got spread around the server but we were under the firm protection of the alphas so we never got raided. Our Dinos were: 4 Pteranodons that were lvl 50+, 2 ankies, 1 lvl 80 argie, 3 stegos, 5 dilos, 1 100+ carno, A dung beetle, 2 phiomias and a lvl 220 Parasaur. We were typicaly low level and couldnt get saddles for most of the creatures. But life was good and we were growing at an extremely fast rate.

3 weeks later A Japenese alpha tribe entered the server they had different time zones to us so we didnt really have any problems with them. and the alphas on our server let them grow. 1day however they kicked up a fuss because they wanted to build on the island that we had our base on. By this time we had 14 High level rexes, 2 decent spinos, a bronto with good HP, 10 turtles, 2 quetz, and 1 Lvl 10 Giga. Even though we had never been raided and the alphas were protecting us we still built a well defended base. We had built on the entire island had surrounded it with an extremely tactical wall. The outide of the island we had surrounded with metal foundations, leaving a gap for the metal behomith gate. On the side of the foundations facing the water we built doorframes going all around the island and they were 5 high. This project took an enitre week of constant grinding, but we did raid a base that had an insane amount of cementing paste so we really only had to get metal. The other side of the foundations we put walls. walking out of the doors we had cat walks with turrets on them. (most had Psx seeing as we werent that rich with resources). The bottom had so many spikes and turrets so they couldnt run up to the wall and C4 it. The friendly alphas said No and they should be happy with there spot (Some place in a giant hidden grotto around Blue Ob)

Eventually the Japenese tribe got mad at the alphas and launched a heated attack, We were sure the alphas could defend it No problem. Only they didnt, The alphas base was on the "spiral" an area near the quarry. They had heaps of high lvl dinos and turrets. but the japenese tribe had another settlement on another tribe and they brought more forces from there. It turned out they were alphas on a different server so they had alot of dinos. The alphas had been beaten back and there remaining dinos was behind the 1 wall they had left. They didnt run but fought bravely, calling for help and the server erupted. There were 2 big tribes that came to help the alphas. Both of the tribes forces were killed on the way and there bases got pushed too. We were both on at the time and decided to help. I was lvl 99 and my friend was Lvl 100. We got on our battle quetz and brought 2 high lvl rexes. The battle quetx had a minigun turret and good hp. The alphas were making there last stand and our quetz was stupidly slow. We got there just as ther forces breached there wall. We unloaded our rexes and realised another small tribe had come to help. The alphas gigas were munching there way through the japeneses brontos. The alphas wyverns had taken out the japenese wyverns and our mingun quetz came in handy. The alphas pushed and claimed there 3 defensive walls back. The japenese were beggining to run and we had transferred around 7 rexes at that time so we pushed after them. The brontos had along way to run and we were way faster then them. Wekilled 2 of there brontos when 2 gigas came running out from there base to help defend them. We pushed back after that and ran back to the alphas. The alphas were already planning a push. Our job was to take out the turrets on the inside once the aphas had blown through. One we had breached the first gate me and my teamate were to sent in our high lvl turtles to soak bullets. It was all planned for the next day.

Sadly A Huge tribe from another server wiped all 3 of us the next day. I am sorry for the time you just used reading this huge anticlimactic ending. But the tribe went on to be known as "Megaomega" They got wiped shortly after however.

26 minutes ago, LachyWarlord said:

Hey Guys i just thought I would share a story that was actually incredible and it happened on an Official PvE server, as you know you can only raid people on Pve if there online.

Wait, what? I've admittedly never played official PvE, but I was really very certain the only way raids can happen is if war has been declared between the two tribes - this also pulls there allies in as I understand it.

Hold on, what forum did I get on, creative? How did I get here? If this was meant to be an obvious and intentional work of fiction ignore me... I thought this was a post in general chat.

5 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

Wait, what? I've admittedly never played official PvE, but I was really very certain the only way raids can happen is if war has been declared between the two tribes - this also pulls there allies in as I understand it.

It was meant to say PvP,  Offline raid used to be thing

4 minutes ago, LachyWarlord said:

It was meant to say PvP,  Offline raid used to be thing

Ah, I see, there's another reference to PvE in the first line of the second paragraph as well (and maybe others). I also think you must be on an official ORP PvP server/cluster. Official PvP main cluster most definitely has offline raiding as a staple.

Archived