JOIN GAME Greyed out- why is this happening?

Nitrado runs smooth with a few people and low rates, look at official. Soon as you add 30+ people plus rates above 5x they will lag because they lack the single threaded speed to keep up. The servers have a ton of cores and ram to host multiple servers per machine but the game engine is highly single threaded so all those extra cores does little for performance unless you can get equivalent i7 8700k 4.7ghz+ to support a boosted server with high population. You won't find that with nitrado.

Guest DJRone89
12 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Nitrado runs smooth with a few people and low rates, look at official. Soon as you add 30+ people plus rates above 5x they will lag because they lack the single threaded speed to keep up. The servers have a ton of cores and ram to host multiple servers per machine but the game engine is highly single threaded so all those extra cores does little for performance unless you can get equivalent i7 8700k 4.7ghz+ to support a boosted server with high population. You won't find that with nitrado.

I get that you hate Nitrado but what you’re saying is just untrue. I know a handful of hosts who have upwards of 50+ players without issues with rates much higher than mine.

Well guys- you got me! 

Yesterday I took the plunge and got one! (Then spent 4 and a half hours setting it up the same as the dedi! lol)

I've turned on clusters and set password for security.

Phew...

The graphics do look nice and clear (no origami or not rendered correctly in sight). The settings were a little difficult in translation as some of the names have changed- but found out most by hoovering over them. 

I did check (or uncheck?) the box for platform structures, which on a dedi would enable large platform structures to be built- I like crazy builds on rafts etc- but last night our raft was subject to not being able to place anymore structures.... I have no clue where that setting is? 

We also did get kicked to dashboard (player black-screened) a couple of times (when using the smithy on the raft), but that could be a Microsoft error- rather than a server one? The server didn't go down or anything and we got back on pronto though and the main thing is we now have back-ups!! Yay!! No more starting over :-D 

We also decided to start on Rag and use that as our home base map- so we'll introduce another map at some point to jump to but always keep this one up to return to.

Thanks guys- this does all sound a bit of a Nitrado advert- but, its the only way forward now so.... yeah

And thanks for the invite Kyd, nice of you :-) But I think I will be busy on mine now! 

Having a nitrado is good for you but that is not a solution to this problem for others hosting from Xbox or dedicated PCs. 

PS Checking platform structures means people can put turrets on platforms. You want to adjust Max structures per platform which is a percent tweak. 

Also I don't hate nitrado. I just want the same settings and abilities nitrado has with my own personal hardware. Steam gets the same abilities. Why is the hosting experience not the same for Xbox when both (nitrado Vs windows store PC hosting) are basically identical x86 hardware hosting Xbox servers?

Guest DJRone89
9 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Having a nitrado is good for you but that is not a solution to this problem for others hosting from Xbox or dedicated PCs. 

PS Checking platform structures means people can put turrets on platforms. You want to adjust Max structures per platform which is a percent tweak. 

Also I don't hate nitrado. I just want the same settings and abilities nitrado has with my own personal hardware. Steam gets the same abilities. Why is the hosting experience not the same for Xbox when both (nitrado Vs windows store PC hosting) are basically identical x86 hardware hosting Xbox servers?

Because Windows 10 runs the Xbox version and is not a headless server, it’s a server run from PC but not the same as a PC unofficial. Jat explains it all in an announcement comment the week before the Windows 10 version launched.

People just stick their fingers in their ears and say “la la la I can’t hear you.”

I know what the windows 10 version is, doesn't mean it should be different from a nitrado xbox hosted server in terms of capabilities or should I say lack of capabilities. I paid money for the game just like the steam version, we should have the same features considering both (or all three, nitrado, windows 10, and steam) are run on x86 hardware. Even more mind boggling is the fact that nitrado connects to xbox servers also...The fact of the matter is that windows store version was ported from xbox version and stripped down/missing features/bugs compared to other versions of the game which doesn't make a lot sense when they all use the same hardware and connect to the same servers. 

Guest DJRone89
14 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

I know what the windows 10 version is, doesn't mean it should be different from a nitrado xbox hosted server in terms of capabilities or should I say lack of capabilities. I paid money for the game just like the steam version, we should have the same features considering both (or all three, nitrado, windows 10, and steam) are run on x86 hardware. Even more mind boggling is the fact that nitrado connects to xbox servers also...The fact of the matter is that windows store version was ported from xbox version and stripped down/missing features/bugs compared to other versions of the game which doesn't make a lot sense when they all use the same hardware and connect to the same servers. 

I’m not going to dig out the comment that Jat made on this website because if you actually cared you would try and find it yourself.

”La la la, I can’t hear you!”

Archived