Is ark worth the time for new players?

MeGusta

Hello forum, 

I recently got Ark to work properly and is now able to play online. But every server we join (me and my brother) has hit taming cap and it isnt possible to build in the "starter" area because people have filled it with rock-ladders, to save the space for their own ginormous base . That makes it virtually impossible for newbies to get a good start, we cant even build a 2x2 base to get started. 

No taming and no base makes it kind off pointless even trying to start up.

Is there a server, official or unofficial, that has an active player base but isnt build to ruin the game for new players? Right now I really dont feel like playing the game at all, it's so much fun playing offline because you have free hands, but online it really just feels like a waste of time.. Unfortunately 

6 minutes ago, MeGusta said:

Where can I look for good unofficial servers? I cba wasting hours trying to find a server that isnt poop. Also, is there a way to check if a server has reached the taming cap, in order to prevent unneccesary time loss?

Google for ark servers or battlemetics or try ingame searcher, unoff servers 99% have no cap 

Archived