Hosting Dedicated server from windows 10 version troubles

Has anyone else been able to successfully setup a dedicated server using the windows 10 version of ARK and actually have your xbox friends be able to join? I can join the server from withing my network, but none of my friends can. The game starts to load for them then says join failed. I have tried changing numerous router settings listed below.

- Port forwarded all ports for Xbox live and Ark

- Set my PC in a DMZ

- The PC has a static IP in my personal network.

- Changed NAT type to open

I am using a Netgear router. If anyone has been able to successfully get this to work I would love to hear your input.

I have been running in to the same issue though.

i have my server hosted on my Gaming PC through the Windows 10 Store version of Ark with a Silver account and me and my friends Play our gold accounts on the Xbox One
Once set up, i did not see my server in the Player Dedicated list which im not to worried about, but i was able to Join in my LAN by friending the silver account and just going to Join Game.
My friends could not connect from outside my network though even when invited from the server.

At first i only had the following forwarded and i could join but my friends got Join Failed message

TCP: 3074
UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
I also set up rules to allow them through my windows firewall and tested their availability with a port checker

i have set up with the following ports forwarded and my windows firewall disabled on my PC (I know that's not secure but did it for troubleshooting purposes)

TCP: 3074, 25147, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544,4380, 4500, 7777, 25147, 27000-27031, 27036

All the above ports are forwarded for both the "XBOX and "PC" versions of the game as per https://portforward.com/ark-survival-evolved/

I have not tried to add the raw socket of 7778 UDP but some of my research suggested this, but i think its more for the steam version

Just like Juggernaut i ran the netstat -an from windows powershell I see 7-8 private ports used in anywhere between 51000 the 57000 range, either one or the other - never mixed between the two.

My netstat command also showed that ShooterGame.exe was looking at UDP port 7777 which i though was a steam only port for the game but now im thinking it may be just the games port

Currently i am set up with no port fowards, the upnp service running on my PC that is hosting Ark and my NAT type is Open

Nothing i am doing is working

Make sure under windows firewall, "allow an app through", you are allowing all the xbox app related ones and the ark app through on both the public and private networks. UPNP on your router should handle the rest. You can also go under the windows firewall advance tab and make sure these apps are using "Any" port and set to "automatic" run. 

Also go under the xbox app > settings > network and run the test for xbox live connection, it should say NAT open and everything else is connected. 

My server runs fine like this, I have it up 24/7 and people can connect (by joining on the silver account game via xbox friends list). Takes 3-4 days of running for it to hit the server list though.....The devs use a ranking system and the list does not query all avaliable servers only a small sub-set. If you have to meet their rank criteria to appear on the list. I suspect the ranking system goes like this: Nitrado (paid advertisement/they help host official so they get preference) > Xbox hosted > Up-Time > Ping > Connection Speed. I suspect it takes 3-4 days to hit the list as servers drop off, my server slowly moves up the rank list. 

I do not use a password protected server either. 

My setup:

Router Netgear R7000: no ports forward, using just UPNP. I tried forwarding ports but it made no difference. The Server host computer has a static LAN IP so I can remote into it and configure/mess with stuff. 

Internet: ATT Fiber, I bridge the ATT provided modem/router so I am not doubling NATing. Everything is hard wired, no wireless. I do not have a static WAN IP.  Xbox app network diagnostics shows an Open NAT. I am using IPv4

Server Host computer: windows 10 pro, stock anti-virus and firewall. xbox and ark apps allowed free range through firewall. Silver account is hosting the ark server. I use my gold account on the windows store to download ark. 

Gaming Computer: windows 10 pro, stock anti-virus and firewall. use my gold account and connect to the silver accounts game in progress via the xbox app.

Xbox: use my same gold account and connect to silver accounts game in progress via the friends list, I use my xbox if I feel like playing from my couch. 

Thanks much Juggernaut that took care of my issue. I deleted all the port forwarding rules I had set. Then ran the XBox app and under the network settings said it was not getting an IP from the Teredo service. So I also uninstalled and reinstalled this service per intructions on the microsoft website. After a reset and everything brought up people were able to connect. Thanks for the help everyone.

Archived