Underwater raft elevators

Doofy327

I am currently playing on a private server with some friends, and I have created a large mobile base on a motorboat. We have started unlocking some tek tier engrams, and I am wondering if I will be able to connect my motorboat to an underwater base using an elevator. My idea is to attach the elevator track to the motorboat, and have an airtight elevator shaft extending from my underwater base to the waters surface. When my boat is parked in the correct spot, the vacuum compartment shaft, and the motorboat elevator track will line up, allowing me to lower Dino's into my base. Before I start constructing the expensive underwater base, I am curious if my vacuum compartments can be open to the atmosphere on top of the waters surface without flooding my base. Has anybody attempted anything like this before that could let me know if this is possible?

17 minutes ago, Goaty said:

The tek vaccums can't be placed above water even if you make a tower all the way up. Also you would need several tek generators just to keep it alive which is fairly costly.

Also if you open any part of the base it will become flooded.

But if it's a private server I do believe you can you s+ to do this. 

Unfortunately, I am playing on Xbox one, so s+ is not an option. Maybe I'll just have to suck it up and use a teleporter. The underwater elevator would have been cool though. Hopefully future updates will make the idea viable

5 minutes ago, Doofy327 said:

Unfortunately, I am playing on Xbox one, so s+ is not an option. Maybe I'll just have to suck it up and use a teleporter. The underwater elevator would have been cool though. Hopefully future updates will make the idea viable

Ahh well a teleporter might work on a raft but I'm not sure. But they did change it so teleporters only need a tek generator running to work. 

10 minutes ago, Brayn said:

Pretty sure you can't place elevators or their tracks on a raft, either.

Hmm... I thought you could, but maybe I was mistaken. This could be worked around by attaching the tracks to a stationary boat dock rather than the raft itself. That still doesn't address the flooding issue though :/

Archived