Bit bored now.....

maph3rs

Hi Guys,

So absolutely fantastic game, I want to get that out from the very start! I am not bashing this game, just wondering whats next. I understand that the game is preview and hopefully there is alot more to come (SOTF and events).

So, If youve seen my prev post then you know I started on PVP, moved to PVE and finally did single player. Im bored now...Built a fantastic base, tamed a whole bunch of dinos and experienced caves. Got a t-rex skin and thats it.

Im thinking of doing hardcore mode as I believe that im missing the excitment of player interaction - correction the DANGER of player interaction. I understand that in hardcore you have 1 life - brilliant, means people really have to think of there actions!

However I have a couple of questions for hardcore mode:

Why have the levelling up system?

Couldnt we just know the engrams? I know that it adds to the decision of wether to attack someone, you dont want to lose your progress but I feel it puts people off playing this mode, having to level up all the time is a bit of a bore.

Modifying player stats.

Basically if your a low level, you have very little defence against someone who has buffed there health or melee damage.

If anyone has played DAYZ (pre standalone version) will understand what im trying to aim for here. You work hard in dayz for a axe let alone a gun. And if you find a tin of food your gonna defend that with your life (hopefully finding a tin opener)!

You could find cars and have to repair them, you didnt have to learn the skill, just scavange the parts.

Thanks for the awesome game devs! Im gonna trial hardcore for a while and then Ill probably leave ark until release to see if any events have happened. Its a shame that I feel im done with a game which hasnt even beem launched yet.

Archived