Phoenix Suggestions

ArkGuy1201

Note: I am perfectly fine with the phoenix as is, I was actually satisfied with the original form. I'm just making more logical suggestions then, "Put the phoenix's ashes in a cooking pot and it'll come back to life".

Firstly, double tapping space should land the phoenix. Simple. This is more needed than the next suggestion, as currently the phoenix can't be cloned, and is inconvenient. Though I'm fine without it.

Second, something more complicated, involving rebirth. When your phoenix dies, its ashes are left after the corpse decays or is harvested. At this point, the phoenix needs to be delivered (if transferred to another map) back to the desert where it must wait for a superheat. When this happens, the phoenix will come back as a baby. Then, you will have to raise it up from a baby for a day. While that may seem short for raising, it will require high maintenance. This not only brings your phoenix back but also imprints on it, making it stronger. It can then be used once more. If you fail to raise it e.g. it dies, then it will revert to ash once more and the process will be reset. I feel like this could improve the majesty of the phoenix, but again, definately not needed.

Edit: reading into the myth of the phoenix, it seems that the phoenix can not make contact with the earth at anytime in its lifetime, and can not be reborn unless it dies of natural causes. So in hindsight none of this makes sense.

Archived