Possible PvE Wild Dino Carry Rework

QuetzalQuincy

Hey all!

Was just brain storming some ideas about a possible wild dino carry rework. This is for PvE specifically. I think wild dino carrying could be implemented easily into PvE servers, they will just have to tweak it a bit to prevent trolling.

1). Megalosaurus: reinstate the original carrying capabilities, but if you get within a certain distance of another player's base/tames. It auto drops the carried dino.

2). Kapro: same changes as the Megalosaurus. these two are almost identical in carry style, the megalo just allows for larger dinos to be carried.

3). Squid: allow the squid to grab wild dinos, but DON'T allow throwing or movement with the captured dino. This will allow it to use the vampiric ability it is known for, but not allow trolling of others.

4). Flyers: This one would obviously be the most difficult to implement. I was thinking to enable the drop feature when close to a player's base, but it would have to have vertical protection as one could fly extremely high and drop it in. I feel like it would be difficult for developers to implement that. 

5). This one applies to all. If a wild dino is picked up, it will become focused on the person/tribe that picked it from the ground, and if that person leaves the area it will despawn unless otherwise engaged by another player. This will add another layer of protection against trolling, and I feel like this would be an easy AI change for developers to implement. 

Just a couple of changes I thought up while messing around on singleplayer. Tell me what you guys think!

QuetzalQuincy - signing out, you all have a good week!

2 hours ago, wallaby said:

i would love to see the pickup/grab function re-introduced on pve with orp now a thing ,  whats the worst anyone can do drop a snake on me? 1 or 2 good wolves on neutral in a base would fix that. and with orp no1 can offline raid by dropping small critters anyway.

Exactly! I really think it would make PvE a better game mode. I think they should try it at least, if its abused they could adjust it, or remove it all together.

Archived