Console version ruined?

Jaywall

So it seems to me that unless you want to play this game online, and yes I've had months of my fill of it to decide I don't care to much for it. You can't really play with your friends. The host tether in non dedicated is an absolute joke. 2 updates ago non dedi games with my friends were going just swell. Then they removed the host tether input... Okay fine I get it, but 250 meters??? Do they really think people who want to host games with their friends will find that acceptable as a final product? Me and my friends only played non dedi and were able to avoid all the server resets and duping and official drama. But now the games even screwed up for us. I thought the 250 was acceptable 2 years ago but still? Ragnarok releases on console soon and my friends want to play it so badly but the host tether makes us just want to uninstall ark. I really wish they'd do more here. 

I haven't played ARK that long definitely not anywhere close to the release time.  I did however start out playing on non dedicated servers with my friends and the 250 meter rubber band was crazy.  It actually cause two of them to pretty much quit playing.  I understand though it may be more to deal with the host aspect and what can be allowed that way.  I moved on to official servers just to get away from that cause being pulled through the land or water wasn't real fun while your buddy tries to fly to a different island.  The only benefit was when one of us died that way we spawned right next to each other.

Archived