ARK Clustering No Sessions Found

Hodges

Howdy All,

Trying to diagnose a problem I've been running into on a fresh cluster setup. I'm running a 3-map cluster on CentOS 7 which has The Island, Scorched Earth, and Ragnarok. When I go to an obelisk, I am unable to see the other two servers.

I am using ARK Server Tools to manage the three maps, I have validated that they all have the same cluster ID. I've disabled the firewall (for testing, still no luck) and on top of that I have two friends who are able to see the clustered servers just fine.

I joined TheIsland server using Steam Favorites + Direct connect. Created a survivor and then logged out. I then tried to find the map using the "My Survivors" drop down on ARKs server finder and the server does not show up there either. So far I have one other friend who exhibits the same issue that I'm seeing.

Has anyone observed similar behavior before?

-Hodges

Just some basic question:

The other servers have the same mods and are up to date, same as your client? Maybe it is not a cluster thing, but you just don't see the other servers as your Mod/client version differs from the one on the server you are not seeing, but your friends do? :)

EDIT: Try to connect via browser with steam://connect/gameserverIP:PORT - It then should try to connect to the server and will tell you about a mod mismatch :)

3 hours ago, pinoy1603 said:

Just some basic question:

The other servers have the same mods and are up to date, same as your client? Maybe it is not a cluster thing, but you just don't see the other servers as your Mod/client version differs from the one on the server you are not seeing, but your friends do? :)

EDIT: Try to connect via browser with steam://connect/gameserverIP:PORT - It then should try to connect to the server and will tell you about a mod mismatch :)

Hello, thanks for the response.

My setup is as such:

TheIsland: 6 mods, I can load into this just fine, mods and all are up to date.

Scorched: No mods

Ragnarok: No mods

I can connect to all three servers independently when using direct connection. Just can't see them in the obelisk for the cluster (even though some of my friends can)

2 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Check your filter settings up top in the connection window.

I messed around with the filter settings on the obelisk. Ticking/unticking the password protected options and such didn't work (even though all three servers are not password protected)

2 hours ago, Kogadins said:

Just wondering: Are you playing on the same machine that you use for hosting the cluster?

Nope, cluster is hosted on Linode.

You state that your friends can cross travel, so serverside config should be fine.

It has to be on your end then.

You said you successfully connected directly to all servers, but do you see all individual servers in the default ARK server browser as well?

You stated that you turned of firewall - on your end or on server?

You don't see any server at obelisk on any server of the 3? I mean did you logon to srv1 and checked, then in srv2...?

You dont have any other apps running blocking the ports?

Did you successfully try cross travelling on other cluster servers?

Just some of my thoughts as I am on mobile right now and not at home ?

EDIT: another thing I remember from old CS and CoD times: Do you maybe have some NAT redirections on your router? Like Ports 27015-27018, 7777 are redirected to your box, but other needed ports for the other servers are not? Sth. Like that maybe?

Just now, pinoy1603 said:

You state that your friends can cross travel, so serverside config should be fine.

It has to be on your end then.

You said you successfully connected directly to all servers, but do you see all individual servers in the default ARK server browser as well?

You stated that you turned of firewall - on your end or on server?

You don't see any server at obelisk on any server of the 3? I mean did you logon to srv1 and checked, then in srv2...?

You dont have any other apps running blocking the ports?

Did you successfully try cross travelling on other cluster servers?

Just some of my thoughts as I am on mobile right now and not at home ?

I figured it was on my end as well, but I haven't diagnosed down to what. Another one of my friends is having the same exact issue as I am. I am unable to see any of the clustered servers on my "My Survivors" drop down, but I can see other servers I've played on (non clustered). I don't have any other clustered servers to test with.

I was originally talking about the server firewall, but I just disabled my Windows Firewall and tried again with no success. I have logged it to Ragnarok and The Island (I never purchased SE) and was unable to see the servers. My friend who also cannot see the servers does have SE purchased though, so it's not the lack of the DLC preventing me from seeing them.

-Hodges

Guest BubbaCrawfish

I meant the top right in the server list filters... The one that is PvP/PvE and ARK/Scorched...

58 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

I meant the top right in the server list filters... The one that is PvP/PvE and ARK/Scorched...

Hey! This actually turned out to the be issue and I'll tell you why I didn't think about this at first.

When viewing the obelisk, there is no way to filter based on PvE/PvP and such. This filtering must be done at the Join Ark menu. So instead of direct connecting, I had to go to ARK, change the filter settings and from there I was able to see the server in the "My Survivors" tab. Loading in I was then able to see the servers in the clusters.

The devs should really allow you to have the same filter settings from the obelisk as you have in the Join menu. :\

Thanks again everyone for your time and responses.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Hehe, I know... It's annoying when you have a cluster that mixes PvP/PvE and you know that some don't see the other servers because they have the filter set to PvP or PvE... ;)

Archived