Boss fight armor

BobRoss

9 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

gee thanks thats alot of helpful info, is it by any chance possible for any of you to record a dragon fight? doesnt matter which difficulty i just want to see what you do to not get hit.

the ghillie, what purpose does it serve? is it for camo or just because of the heat? or both?

why do you prefer compound bows over pistols? arent they alot more expensive to mass craft? especially the arrows?

Ghilie only for the heat. Also you can make designated drinks.

And you won't get hit if you use a tanker dino and attack from as long distance as possible. There's plenty of videos on youtube (check the latest ones).

Turtles with good saddles serves the best so far. Also, once the fight is finished, I would strongly suggest everyone to put all stuff inside the turtle (you will have a very short period of time for that), because few times we had people stuck in the boss arena. There is no way out of there and you will simply die there without possibility to loot your corpse. Dinos getting ported all the time. So once the boss is killed, loot it and put all your gear inside the dino.

Well, personally for me arrows is easier to craft since I play on both Island and SE. I do metal and polymer runs in SE and masscraft it. Not sure if it penetrates any armor of the boss, but it worked out better for us than the pistols. Durability also lasts longer as we shoot less. With the pistol you will shoot more and you will have to have a backup. With my 256% compound I've done like 6 bosses now and durabiliuty is on roughly 50%.

P.S. - we have never crafted a single compound bow. All are from crates.

9 minutes ago, Putyte said:

And you won't get hit if you use a tanker dino and attack from as long distance as possible. There's plenty of videos on youtube (check the latest ones).

Turtles with good saddles serves the best so far. Also, once the fight is finished, I would strongly suggest everyone to put all stuff inside the turtle (you will have a very short period of time for that), because few times we had people stuck in the boss arena. There is no way out of there and you will simply die there without possibility to loot your corpse. Dinos getting ported all the time. So once the boss is killed, loot it and put all your gear inside the dino.

ive just watched some videos and they are getting the dragon stuck with rexes attacking in a circle while looking up, is this a valid method or is the gun method better?

11 minutes ago, Putyte said:

Well, personally for me arrows is easier to craft since I play on both Island and SE. I do metal and polymer runs in SE and masscraft it. Not sure if it penetrates any armor of the boss, but it worked out better for us than the pistols. Durability also lasts longer as we shoot less. With the pistol you will shoot more and you will have to have a backup. With my 256% compound I've done like 6 bosses now and durabiliuty is on roughly 50%.

P.S. - we have never crafted a single compound bow. All are from crates.

hmm we dont have SE in the cluster so mass polymer runs is very tough, need to use obs and cem paste to make a load.

Just now, BobRoss said:

ive just watched some videos and they are getting the dragon stuck with rexes attacking in a circle while looking up, is this a valid method or is the gun method better?

We have never done this as risk is too great of loosing multiple dinos. 1 turtle is enough. All you have to do is to place turtle quickly to the designated location and run to the other side of the map before it lands and spots. Everyone has to lay down and you can shoot him only when it stars attacking the turtle. You cannot attack him while he is flying as you will pull aggro and will end up getting wiped. This is our safest method. 

Personally for me bigger challenge is to collect megalodon teeth for the summon than to kill the boss as ocean is more challenging.

9 hours ago, Putyte said:

We have never done this as risk is too great of loosing multiple dinos. 1 turtle is enough. All you have to do is to place turtle quickly to the designated location and run to the other side of the map before it lands and spots. Everyone has to lay down and you can shoot him only when it stars attacking the turtle. You cannot attack him while he is flying as you will pull aggro and will end up getting wiped. This is our safest method. 

How do you deal with the Pteradons and Dimorphodons with this method, if you don't mind me asking?

9 hours ago, BobRoss said:

Very valid this is how we farm element on XB1 offical PvP. Once you get the technique its very easy. Positives no bullets required so easier to do many times. Downside if you mess it up you loose all rexes. The downside can be negated by mass raising rexes using the floating technique.

16 hours ago, MeMyselfAndI said:

Very valid this is how we farm element on XB1 offical PvP. Once you get the technique its very easy. Positives no bullets required so easier to do many times. Downside if you mess it up you loose all rexes. The downside can be negated by mass raising rexes using the floating technique.

floating as in not using as much food while floating? is that still a thing?

Archived