Ptera Stats/Breeding

TimTheSurvivor

1 minute ago, Rod117920 said:

I have not seen a 490 but a lot of biggger tribes on the official server have the 450 ish melee every where I look anything higher than that have not seen. So where popping 2200 hp 1700 stam 700 oxy 300 wieight 450 melee I rounded to the hundreds just because I'm going the top of my head. 

What tribe are you from?

On 2/7/2017 at 10:46 AM, TimTheSurvivor said:

I am curious to how many points in a stat on a ptera anyone has seen on an official server. The highest I have been able to find is 71 into melee. I have knocked down hundreds of pteras yet the average points on an individual stat is around 40.

Update: Just got an 800 oxy stat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man I'm sorry for commenting on an older post but I hate making new threads if the old ones are filled with relevant info. 

I started playing ark on a high rates unofficial pvp server so luckily the breeding goes somewhat faster. Finally got my first mutations and final results on my first two Pteranodons. Male/female was around  level 400/405 and I average on 373, 375 babies however my one baby was level 356 without mutations and his stats was highest I had so far.

100% imprinting (with Nanny S+)

Health 2784

Stamina 1830

Food 10225

weight 405

Melee 614.6

speed 165%

I'm not sure if I do it correctly but I've been using two tamed ones. Basically inbreeding until I reached a cap. The funny thing is all my latest ones have the same capped results but that one Male had higher stats at a lower level which obviously then means a better potential once I level it? even the youngest offspring had 2/100 mutations and stuff which doesn't seem to make the stats any better. 

What Im doing now is I went out to tame more level 240's or 200+. After the tame they are around level 336. I go for colors I also want So will do a separate family tree first between those then breed the best results of all families together?

So now I use the best male and best female of this family tree and breed with the best of another family tree?

I use my super spyglass for stats but Dododex is only for untamed animals so its pointless. The ArkBreedingStats I've downloaded but no idea how to install it. Its just a bunch of files without a setup so for now I just go on my gut feeling.

4 hours ago, Vreya said:

How many generations and any approximation on how many wild tame birds were involved in the breeding of that line?

I am not positive, but pretty sure those kinds of stats are not even possible on servers even remotely resembling vanilla settings anymore; the flyer nerf earlier this year means getting 1500 Stamina is virtually impossible with that standard level cap.

Now, lowest wild level possible to get 2K stamina is level 166; and that is assuming the wild had all points in Stamina and 81 of the 84 taming bonus levels ended up in stamina as well.

Yeah I doubt that would be possible on a official server. I'm also on a unofficial in my country due to lower ping. We can increase flying speed and tame with griffins and also have a tame and breed multiplier most likely by 3x or 4x hence its quicker to get high levels and tame higher.

I have 3 main Pteras now I'm trying to breed in for highest stats though no luck thus far. Found a nice spot with strong Pteras at Ragnarok's canyon.

FEMALE: (level 396 but was born at 373) also have 2 mutations due to lots of inbreeding. 3537 hp (+46 also added a few stats to get 3500) / stam 2379 (+51) / food 10585 (+49) / underwater 900 (+50) / weight 472 (71) highest stat I guess / Melee 535% (+59) / speed 104.7 % (+46)the speed shows wrong on the spyglass - closer to 160%

So i found a female with +67 HP and eventually  Bred two males with the following stats.

MALE 1 (376) : hp 3641 (+67) / stam 1410 (+37) / food 9400 (+47) / underwater 915 (+51) / weight 437 (+71 from same male in females generation) / Melee 406% (+50) / speed (+52) - again shows wrong on the spy glass

MALE 2: same as Male 1 but keeps getting the 59 melee but the 71 weight. 

So now will breed until I get a male and female with +67 hp, +51 stam, +71 weight, +59 power and +52 speed..  Base is overun by Pteras. Pity theyre not the best guard dogs but ill sacrifice the old ones to defend my base ^^

Anyways no way these stats should compare to vanilla I assume. 

Archived