VGS Server - PvP with no candyland rules

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Cryptx said:

1 spot open on server! Come play with the admins who import Dino's and destroy your home and blame it on others!!!! We have excellent latency of constant 255 ping and our host works for Comcast and thinks he knows about networks and ISP but tuthfully doesn't know jack poop!!!!!

Dude you're so butt hurt.  Obviously none of this is true and the regulars on the server know it.  Go play on a PVE server. 

Server down is becoming a regular thing here.  I can't comment on most of the butthurt earlier, but I can say once the server gets around 20ish people the lag is bad, and at 32 people the latency is 255.  I understand there's going to be latency and you're going to have times the server is down, BUT this server does not run as smooth as he claims.  I have nothing against the admin, just feel like a little objective truth needs to be stated.

15 minutes ago, Cuzinshaggy said:

Server down is becoming a regular thing here.  I can't comment on most of the butthurt earlier, but I can say once the server gets around 20ish people the lag is bad, and at 32 people the latency is 255.  I understand there's going to be latency and you're going to have times the server is down, BUT this server does not run as smooth as he claims.  I have nothing against the admin, just feel like a little objective truth needs to be stated.

My server goes down the same as everyone other server.  I'm in contact with multiple other server admins.  Just look around at other threads and you'll see everyone is in the same boat.  

4 minutes ago, TheBullWillWin said:

Any updates on the server?

It's up and you're connected to it :) 

please continue using this as a point of contact.  A couple of the main tribe leaders have my cell phone number as well, so if you have issues try to contact one of them and they can attempt to contact me.  

The server can't be turned back on remotely.  I have to work and sleep (bummer) so I can only get to it when I'm home!  Please also read other dedicated server forums to get an idea of the issues that are across the game and not just a single server.  

46 minutes ago, Cuzinshaggy said:

Just an idea. Could you use something like teamviewer with a Windows 10 PC on your server network, then use the 10 Xbox app to control the Xbox?

at home, technically I could stream the xbox to a windows 10 pc.  But that doesnt really help much. Remotely, there is not way to open the game its self and select "start dedicated server"

Okay, I'm half buzzed so forgive me if this is confusing. You can control your Xbox with the windows 10 Xbox app(including stream your games). If you have a Windows 10 PC on your Xbox network, install some type of Remote Desktop server on it. Remote in to that PC with a client from work which gives you access to the Xbox app on your windows 10 PC which gives you access to your Xbox. I'm pretty sure it will work if your line is good enough, but like I said, it's just an idea.

4 minutes ago, Cuzinshaggy said:

Okay, I'm half buzzed so forgive me if this is confusing. You can control your Xbox with the windows 10 Xbox app(including stream your games). If you have a Windows 10 PC on your Xbox network, install some type of Remote Desktop server on it. Remote in to that PC with a client from work which gives you access to the Xbox app on your windows 10 PC which gives you access to your Xbox. I'm pretty sure it will work if your line is good enough, but like I said, it's just an idea.

Unfortunetly no, this does not work.  It sounds good in theory but it cannot be done. 

On January 17, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Cuzinshaggy said:

The Ark server does not always run stable. There is times when nobody can get on, probably because of an XBL issue, or the server simply exits to main menu for no reason. While the PC server runs like a champ the Xbox version is far from it. 

14 hours ago, Cuzinshaggy said:

You can actually access the Xbox One remotely from anywhere in the world. The Xbox needs to have a static IP though, which means DMZ or you have a static IP from you ISP. Only the first login has to be done from within the same network. That sounds great in practice, but here is 2 problems with that. Firstly, you need an Xbox controller connected to your computer. You cannot navigate on the Xbox using your keyboard and mouse. That's not too bad. Secondly, there is a problem when disconnecting from your Xbox. In some cases Ark exits back to menu. Which really sucks. This started after I installed the Xbox OS update when it came out. 

Edit: The Xbox One cannot be turned on from outside its network. But why turn it off in the first place when it's running as a server

Archived