community mods Please Remove or Ban "<Insert Name> Community Mod" Mod for use with X community.

Coragin21

Suggestion

Studio Wild Card,

I know for a fact I am not the only one annoyed by this. Clicking a mod from the mods list in the game, only to be greeted with "This mod is for the community/cluster".

Can you please ban the use and or mods for

"X Community Mod" - This is a mod for use with <Insert Name of Community>

These mods overpopulate the "Mods" section of ASA.  There are hundreds of these mods that add very little or "Adds a watermark to viewport".
These type of mods are easily 40% of ALL mods available and its annoying to sometimes have multiple pages before you can get to the next 'Real' mod.  To me, this is nothing more than a slimy way for people to advertise their servers.

A better solution is, for these mod creators is to give them their own specific category that is hidden on the mods list and only downloaded if a user logs into their server (as all mods are when a server has them).  This way they will not clutter up the entire mods section for people who just want to see mods, REAL MODS.  Make it so they have their very own category where they can sit and if they must be listed, have them by default hidden via a check box in the mods list.  That way if people actually WANT to see these mods they can and those who don't (which is likely a lot of us) don't have to see them. Thus they don't clutter up the mods section and we can look at actual real mods that do things.

And if these people do not post their "X Community" mods in the community section (And NOT be able to add the mods to other categories if in the "community mods" section) and they can stay there and not (again) clutter up the entire mods section.

Its simple:

1. Make a "Community Mods" section
2. If a mod is in the "Community Mods" section it CANNOT have any other tags or be added to any other category.
3. Any Mod that does not follow the above gets removed.
4. Any Mod that IS a community Mod and is NOT placed in the community section is moved there and or removed completely.
5. If the same server has repeat violations, that user is then banned from "posting mods"

I know I will likely get hate for this ask, I am prepared for that and do not care. The "<insert name> Community Mod" IMHO is just a really slimy way to advertise servers.

Sincerely, an ARK player since 2016 on PC/PS/XBox with more than 12000 hrs played across all platforms.

Edited by Coragin21
added tags, edit title

2 replies to this server topic