My name is Guilherme, I'm a computer science student at PUC Minas, a university in Brazil.

I'm working on my final thesis, the topic is about multiplayer game servers. I'm researching a lot about the protocols used on game servers, such as the query protocol, RCON, etc.

ARK: Survival Ascended was recently released, and as I, besides being a big fan of ARK: Survival Evolved and a researcher in the area, I want to find out how to obtain data from the ASA servers, but it seems that it does not use the Valve Query Protocol, as It doesn't use Steam, but rather Epic's EOS.

If possible, I would like information on how to obtain information about the ASA servers, such as whether it is online, how many players are connected, etc.

And any other information that can be shared would greatly help in my research, as I am adding information about several different protocols and game servers.

Thank you very much

Maybe this content will be helpful to you, I have tested the new ARK:ASA server with an rcon console and if it works you just need to establish communication correctly and understand that the command syntax changed for the new game so it worked In the past and it doesn't work now, they are the same commands but a different way of sending the data. I am glad that you are interested in the world of video games and this documentation is helpful to you.

A recommendation is to understand how to establish communication, what structure and scope it has and in this way be able to have communication appropriately.

And when comparing other platforms, other servers if they work with an rcon and buy the new ark you will see and you will realize why it does not allow communication or where it stays.

Link:

ARK Survival Ascended FREE Dedicated Server Guide | TroubleChute Hub (tcno.co)

SteamCMD - Valve Developer Community (valvesoftware.com)

Server configuration - ARK Official Community Wiki

• 1 month later...

I ended up forgetting that I had asked here. But what I was referring to is this: 
https://github.com/gamedig

I ended up researching more and talking to the maintainers of this lib on discord and managed to open a PR adding support for ASA:
https://github.com/gamedig/node-gamedig/pull/402