Kibble system

SexyPony

Suggestion

Bring back the old kibble system at least for pve players i can see pvp side disagreement but pve players for the most part play for the fun of the game and part of the fun of ark is having all sorts of unique and strong dinos,wich i know the new kibble system works but for players like me and couple others part of the fun was having the need to go out to tame things like scorpions,trikes,compys etc im aware i can still go out and tame those dinos but whats the point if bits not a meta tame now i have no reason to go out and tame things like trikes other than for self satisfaction but its no fun and pve was meant for a more enjoyable experience not staying in base 24/7 just raising meta tames again im only suggesting this for pve side i can see why pvp players would rather not 

2 replies to this server topic

I actually did like the older Kibble System better in a sense of it felt better and like it was more involved. It was interesting to make so many different recipes and that different dinos liked different foods and egg types in their Kibble.

But I also realize how it can be very limiting being unable to use Kibble for something because you don't have a base full of the whole Kibble roster. I realize why it was changed and don't disagree that this version is much friendlier to people who don't want to have to tame almost EVERYTHING. It also helps reduce lag and loads on people's servers and stuff...of those who do put up most of their dinos.

I however think that instead of this being the only way to tame things with high effectiveness except for Carnivores and anything that likes Honey, we should have a favorite foods system that has more food items and resources that both Carnivores and Herbivores can use. There's a lot of different advanced crops that could be added to the existing four. Apples, oranges, coconuts, strawberries, pumpkins, banana, giant melons, squash, durians, pineapple etc. Even if they don't give us more variants of foliage. They could also add more types of meat beyond just meat and prime, maybe ones specific to things like clam meat, grubmeat from insects, huge steaks from large animals. Each animal has a favorite of one of these in addition to Mutton or Kibble, etc. This could be based on biome or region too, Coconuts are great for beach creatures, Clam Meat is a delicacy for certain ocean creatures, Strawberries are great for taming small creatures, and Giant Melons are the best way to make best friends fast with any Sauropod.