ambient wildlife Smaller Ambient Creatures as Shoulder Pets!

RaephClark

Suggestion

I know we have a lot of wonderful creatures in ARK, but sometimes I feel like a lot of the smaller creatures get outshined by the much larger creatures from a population and usage standpoint. Plus there are considerably more medium and large-sized creatures than smaller shoulder pets. 

So I was thinking: what if we had “ambient” smaller creatures roaming around ARK that were in huge populations, but there are individuals that are still tamable. So imagine a flock of Dimorphodon flying through the swamps or Ichthyornis in the dozens invading the beaches, but out of the crowd only a few will be interactable and tamable (basically spawns will be the same, just a bunch of ambient wildlife would be added). 

I am curious about the ambient sounds around as well, such as the hooting owls and howling in the distance. Direwolves and other communicative creatures explain the howling, but I think including some sort of extinct owl species would be incredible to include as a shoulder pet (I know some have included Ornimegalonyx in the submissions, but still). 

As for additional small creatures, I’d love to include a plethora of them such as Leptictidium, Psittacosaurus, Tiktaalik, Rhamphorhynchus, etc (I’ve actually written up several dossiers for them already, as well as some of my friends!)

And maybe to give the ambient creatures some “use”, they could be catchable with a net or something similar to how MHW does their ambient wildlife? And the could be placed in terrariums, aquariums or bird cages? 

What does everyone think? Should there be ambient wildlife throughout the entirety of ARK?

Edited by RaephClark

2 replies to this server topic

I seem to remember a tiny lizard-like alien creature in the first Ark 2 trailer...and there were more-normal-sized-ants and whatnot so it would be nice to have more ambient creatures just...around. In LOTRO there would sometimes just be a flock of birds that would go across the sky in the distance that were never actually "close" to you and whatnot, so even just a visual like that would be nice here and there.

• Like 1