Lourinhanosaurus, the friendly protector.

Silvius

Suggestion

Lourinhanosaurus (meaning "Lourinhã lizard") was a genus of carnivorous theropod dinosaur that lived during the Late Jurassic Period (Kimmeridgian/Tithonian) in Portugal. It is one of many large predators discovered at the Lourinhã Formation and probably competed with coeval Torvosaurus gurneyi, Allosaurus europaeus, and Ceratosaurus.

image.jpg.3bcac3571246bfeda3c0b6d35c9f3949.jpg

Unlike their original counterparts, who were believed to have specialized on feeding on coastal sea life. The Lourinhanosaurus that I have found on the ruins of the futuristic city where we have taken shelter since we arrived on earth, seem to have specialized on feeding on large insects, that reside here like the Pulmonoscorpius and the Araneos, but won´t say no to any other small animal they can put their teeth on. 

The most amazing thing about this variant, that we now know was laboratory created, is that these animals, is that they seemed to have been genetically engineered to not harm humans.

Actually, after the other day accident, when we were suddenly surrendered by an large swarm of Araneos, and thought we were done for as our ammunition was running dry, and group of Lourinhanosaurus, that probably were passing by when they heard the sound of the fight, came and started fighting off the giant spiders, until there was none left.

Then the larger of them calmly walked towards me. 

Of course my first instinct was to run away, but Mei Yin stopped me, and ordered everyone to turn their weapons down, and then grabbed my hand and walked us, all the way to the dinosaur, who lowered his head, allowing for us to pet him.

And as we did it actually started wagging its tail, in obvious sign of satisfaction, as did all the others when we pet every single one of them.

They eventually decided to leave us, and go on with their lives.

Leaving me to conclude that these animals were made to do no harm to humans, they were engineered to protect them.

After some time in the city ruins Mei Yin, figured that we couldn't actually tame any of the wilds ones, but instead after following one group of Lourinhanosaurus to their out curiosity, and helping them defend it from attack from swarm of insects, the larger one, gifted her with a egg.

Wild Lourinhanosaurus will protect any players that are in their area range (same isn´t true towards your tames, and if it´s small dino, they will aggro on them, ignoring any tame as big as a rex), against any type of enemies, however they will never leave sanctuary area.

Taming: To tame a Lourinhanosaurus you will need to find a nesting area, and help the parents protect it from waves of insects, in the end if you still alive, the female will lay an fertilized egg, which you can then take. However, you can't use any tame to assist you, because the Lourinhanosaurus will aggro on them, unless it's a tamed Lourinhanosaurus.

Especial Traits: Lourinhanosaurus, generally speaking is basically another Allo in size and strengh, except they have a especial trait called Bound, this is will be basically another level up system, that fill up as you kill enemies, but it will give you points that you can use to level up the Lourinhanosaurus Base Status,(just like mutations stacks works). 

Lourinhanosaurus can breed, but it won't receive status mutations, only color mutations.

Lourinhanosaurus can only be mounted by the player that imprinted on him, and only gain Bound points while you fight mounted on him.

References:

Image:https://www.dinoparque.pt/en/

Wiki:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lourinhanosaurus

Edited by Silvius
Update

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet