extinction Cacops - A buddy in the Extinction

Thewaiting1

Suggestion

This is my submission for the community vote for a creature for the Extinction DLC.

I’m going to do the first little bit in Dossier format because it is a useful base.

Wild: 

They Cacops are not to different from those I used to know only through fossils, though admittedly a little bit bigger. 
They seem rather peaceful, hanging around beaches. 
They like to eat bugs, which they catch with their long strong tongue, though I am not sure that they had this tongue naturally in the past. 
Perhaps the tongue is like the venom spitting of Dilophosaurus I have encountered.
Domesticated: 

Once you befriend and domesticate a Cacops, they can be a useful companion.

They can ride on their owner’s shoulder and have a calming effect on people. 
Their tongue can be used to grapple creatures many times the Cacops’s size and experience survivors can even use their Cacops as a living grappling hook. 
They also seem to have no qualms with being used as living pillows, and they as so cute! 

Cacops drawing

Wiki page

I think that Cacops would be passively tamed.

As an amphibian there would probably be a tadpole form that hatches from eggs laid by a Cacops that would in turn grow up into the air breathing Cacops.

As the real world Cacops was very small, I think it would be sized up in Ark, but no bigger than a cat I’d say.

(Sorry there is no fancy color or anything on this submission.)

Edited by Thewaiting1
I thought of something to add

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet