Suggestion

arambourgiania-dossier-7-15-23_orig.png

Common Name: Arambourgiania

Species: A. morsiconia

Time: Late Cretaceous

Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: Aggressive

Wild: There are few things in this desolate wasteland that strike more fear into one's heart than the lanky silhouette of an Arambourgiania morsiconia appearing on the horizon. With little of value to eat in this apocalyptic landscape, Arambourgiania has developed a taste for carrion... But don't be fooled, it won't pass up on a helpless survivor out in the open. (Arambourgiania has a nasty habit of spearing smaller prey, including survivors, in its beak and running around with them impaled until it sees fir to consume them.) There is no chance outrunning this thing on foot, but being so large it is marginally less maneuverable in the sky than smaller fliers. A tamed Arambourgiania may serve as a fierce companion, but forget about subduing it with narcotic weapons. Being adapted to break down carrion, its body is too noxious for tranquilizers to affect it. Very much to the contrary it will greedily consume any spoiled meat or narcotics offered to it. Simply running up to an Arambourgiania with either of the aforementioned items at the ready should do the trick. That way when it impales you it will pick at the taming food before finishing you off. A good set of armor is recommended if you don't want to die too quickly. Several attempts may have to be made in order to successfully earn the Arambourgiania's loyalty, as it will need to eat a lot before feeling satisfied.

Domesticated: Arambourgiania is a capable flier and an even better runner, navigating the harsh wasteland with ease. Being a carrion-eater, it prefers to eat spoiled meat. Its powerful beak thusly deals fairly potent blows, capable of poisoning and knocking out larger creatures. It can also spear and carry smaller creatures on its beak, gradually increasing their torpidity over time. Arambourgiania passively produces a noxious saliva that can be fed to unconscious creatures as a narcotic.

Artist's Notes: As my username implies, azhdarchids have a special place in my heart. This entry is a refurbish of one that I submitted to either the Fjordur or Lost Island creature contests back in the day, being in fact the reason I signed up with this username. Although ARK already has a resident azhdarchid in the form of Quetzalcoatlus, it's no secret that its design is quite antiquated by comparison to our modern understanding of azhdarchids. They were not cumbersome, hunchbacked brutes. They were towering, galloping nightmares. I would really like to see an azhdarchid added to the game that does this infamous group of pterosaurs justice, and so I'm going to push for it almost every chance I get. Thank you for checking out my entry and I hope it's earned your vote!

5 replies to this server topic