Suggestion

aepycamelus-dossier-7-8-23_orig.png

Common Name: Wasteland Camel

Species: Aepycamelus oxisovlus

Time: Miocene

Diet: Omnivore

Temperament: Aggressive

Wild: Evolved to survive in a harsh world of corrupted monsters and punishing landscapes, the wasteland camel is a formidable creature to encounter. Like modern camels, its first instinct is fight rather than flight. It will react aggressively to any nearby carnivores, corrupted creatures, or humans. Its projectile vomit (as camelids are known to do) has evolved into a corrosive acid spit that seems particularly effective against corrupted creatures. This ability has resulted in the wasteland camel's face adapting minimal soft tissue cover to prevent burning itself, lending it a grotesque vulture-like appearance. Due to its resilient, noxious biology the wasteland camel cannot be knocked out with narcotic weapons. Using calien soup or fria curry to sync oneself with its metabolism is the only way to safely approach it, after which it can be fed narcoberries, spoiled meat, or narcotics to earn its trust.

Domesticated: The wasteland camel's great stride enables it to traverse the landscape very swiftly and thus makes for an excellent travel mount. Due to its ability to conserve energy, riding upon the camel's back prevents its rider from starving too quickly in wasteland environments. Being an omnivorous scavenger, the wasteland camel can collect berries and meat however only feeds on narcoberries and spoiled meat. Its saddle functions as a mortar & pestle for crafting narcotics, etc. from its inventory. Most notably, the wasteland camel's acid spit serves as an especially potent defense against corrupted creatures.

Artist's Notes: Being a former camel keeper/handler myself I consider them among my favorite animals, and it's disappointing that there is a lack of prehistoric camels in ARK when there are so many cool genera to choose from. No, the Morellatops does not count. I incorporated a lot of my knowledge of/experience with camels into this design and it comes from the heart. Thank you for checking out my entry and I hope you've found it worth your vote!

1 reply to this server topic