MINMI! The Armored Defender/Battle Buddy For The Head to Head Warrior!!!

GreenMailMan

Suggestion

The Minmi is a well armored "Battle Buddy" useable all the way to end game with a large health pool, Natural armor plating that gets better with use, and can be EQUIPED in your Shield slot OR on your shoulder for different defensive abilities and bonuses!

Please forgive my spelling and grammar.

Its adorable and tough as nails, the armor plating on its back is as strong as steel! With the proper training this little guy will make BIG changes to Shoulder Pet usage. Carful though, The Minmi is Heavy and Not much of a fighter on its own. Minmi's can easily be 300lbs! making them kind of slow moving similar to its Ankylosaurus Cousins. They live off a hefty diet of fruits, berries, and veggies that grow close to the ground. Eating about it's body weight a day! Needing to stay near the food and enjoying the sounds of water, you'll find the youngest of them in the greenest zones. With that said the Minmi is a solitary creature, Minmi's are hatched and cared for till they can walk, then just kind of wonder off on their own. This is possible because of the armor plating growing and hardening very quickly, replacing damaged plates just as quick explaining the large food intake it needs. Minmi's will wonder from a zone that over supplies their needs compared to the amount of damage they take regularly, meaning Minmi's can be found Migrating out into Badlands and into alternate Hot and Cold lands for a new place to call home. 

Taming Minmi's takes time, trust, and Grown Fruits and Veggies. Providing it with different types till you find its favorite! The individual Minmi will do the "Petted" animation after eating the food it wants to be fed, continuing to feed it this fruit or veggie is the 1st step to getting a 100% bond! The other thing is so easy its hard to NOT allow happen. All Minmi's will wanna show you what they can do, after finding out its favored food, it will let out a taunting call to near by wild creatures and go into a defensive stands, while its getting attacked you capitalize on the distraction and backstab the assaulting creatures! This will impressing the Minmi and it will want to be fed again to prepare for another call! Eventually the Minmi will decide your its Partner and stay by your side no matter what!

Carrying the Minmi is a cumbersome load to haul around BUT worth the carry weight, A Minmi on your shoulder will provide you with a defense buff, however if you pet it 1st the buff is spread to friendly tames and tribe members around you as a limited effect that continues for a time after words. With the Minmi on your shoulder you can launch it forward like a bowling ball, it will travel a ways based on your damage stat and damage enemies in its path! once it comes to a stop it will let out a Taunting call and take a defensive stands, acting as a distraction to enemy tames and wildlife. After the attack stop it will exit defensive stands and (if following you) run back to you to be picked up again.

Wielding the Minmi on your forearm (shield slot) it wraps its 4 legs around your arm and holds on tight! Allowing you to use your Minmi as a shield that can out last a steel shield! Running is slowed when holding your Minmi this way but the speed decrease can easily be nullified by a high speed stat or by jumping on a mount to get where your going. The Minmi will take damage when wielded like this from your attackers, Blocking you entirely, and your Minmi gets another similarity from its Anky cousins... Its tail, while not much of a club or any real strength to swing it with, they let the attacks do the work for them. When used as a shield the Minmi Damages the attacker for a % of the attackers damage stat as blow back damage! If you and your Minmi can hold out long enough its possible the unrelenting attackers maybe be their own undoing!!

The Minmi is Knockback resistant to large creatures and immune to medium creatures and smaller. This knockback resistance/immunity is something you too benefit from when the Minmi is on your person, shoulder or arm. However the Minmi, when in its Solo Defensive Stands, has its Knockback resistance increased by double against large creatures, which is impossible for a player to benefit from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minmi_paravertebra#Discovery_and_species

IDK what I'm doing, I'm just a guy who had an idea and seen a dino to partner it with.

I'm passionate about this submission and welcome constructive criticism.

The Tames focus on Defense is NOT something I'm willing to change course on.

I'm no artist so none of these pictures are mine and the one I barrowed from IRONHIDE456 I scribbled on but really loved the art.

QuesoTheCheese and Nickevon

also submitted Minmi posts in the past

lcreagh_minmi_2_sml_fde9.webp

Minmi.webp

WCminmi-56a2538b5f9b58b7d0c91569.webp

serf.jpg

4 replies to this server topic

On 9/2/2023 at 12:43 AM, GreenMailMan said:

The Minmi is a well armored "Battle Buddy" useable all the way to end game with a large health pool, Natural armor plating that gets better with use, and can be EQUIPED in your Shield slot OR on your shoulder for different defensive abilities and bonuses!

Please forgive my spelling and grammar.

Its adorable and tough as nails, the armor plating on its back is as strong as steel! With the proper training this little guy will make BIG changes to Shoulder Pet usage. Carful though, The Minmi is Heavy and Not much of a fighter on its own. Minmi's can easily be 300lbs! making them kind of slow moving similar to its Ankylosaurus Cousins. They live off a hefty diet of fruits, berries, and veggies that grow close to the ground. Eating about it's body weight a day! Needing to stay near the food and enjoying the sounds of water, you'll find the youngest of them in the greenest zones. With that said the Minmi is a solitary creature, Minmi's are hatched and cared for till they can walk, then just kind of wonder off on their own. This is possible because of the armor plating growing and hardening very quickly, replacing damaged plates just as quick explaining the large food intake it needs. Minmi's will wonder from a zone that over supplies their needs compared to the amount of damage they take regularly, meaning Minmi's can be found Migrating out into Badlands and into alternate Hot and Cold lands for a new place to call home. 

Taming Minmi's takes time, trust, and Grown Fruits and Veggies. Providing it with different types till you find its favorite! The individual Minmi will do the "Petted" animation after eating the food it wants to be fed, continuing to feed it this fruit or veggie is the 1st step to getting a 100% bond! The other thing is so easy its hard to NOT allow happen. All Minmi's will wanna show you what they can do, after finding out its favored food, it will let out a taunting call to near by wild creatures and go into a defensive stands, while its getting attacked you capitalize on the distraction and backstab the assaulting creatures! This will impressing the Minmi and it will want to be fed again to prepare for another call! Eventually the Minmi will decide your its Partner and stay by your side no matter what!

Carrying the Minmi is a cumbersome load to haul around BUT worth the carry weight, A Minmi on your shoulder will provide you with a defense buff, however if you pet it 1st the buff is spread to friendly tames and tribe members around you as a limited effect that continues for a time after words. With the Minmi on your shoulder you can launch it forward like a bowling ball, it will travel a ways based on your damage stat and damage enemies in its path! once it comes to a stop it will let out a Taunting call and take a defensive stands, acting as a distraction to enemy tames and wildlife. After the attack stop it will exit defensive stands and (if following you) run back to you to be picked up again.

Wielding the Minmi on your forearm (shield slot) it wraps its 4 legs around your arm and holds on tight! Allowing you to use your Minmi as a shield that can out last a steel shield! Running is slowed when holding your Minmi this way but the speed decrease can easily be nullified by a high speed stat or by jumping on a mount to get where your going. The Minmi will take damage when wielded like this from your attackers, Blocking you entirely, and your Minmi gets another similarity from its Anky cousins... Its tail, while not much of a club or any real strength to swing it with, they let the attacks do the work for them. When used as a shield the Minmi Damages the attacker for a % of the attackers damage stat as blow back damage! If you and your Minmi can hold out long enough its possible the unrelenting attackers maybe be their own undoing!!

The Minmi is Knockback resistant to large creatures and immune to medium creatures and smaller. This knockback resistance/immunity is something you too benefit from when the Minmi is on your person, shoulder or arm. However the Minmi, when in its Solo Defensive Stands, has its Knockback resistance increased by double against large creatures, which is impossible for a player to benefit from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minmi_paravertebra#Discovery_and_species

IDK what I'm doing, I'm just a guy who had an idea and seen a dino to partner it with.

I'm passionate about this submission and welcome constructive criticism.

The Tames focus on Defense is NOT something I'm willing to change course on.

I'm no artist so none of these pictures are mine and the one I barrowed from IRONHIDE456 I scribbled on but really loved the art.

QuesoTheCheese and Nickevon

also submitted Minmi posts in the past

lcreagh_minmi_2_sml_fde9.webp

Minmi.webp

WCminmi-56a2538b5f9b58b7d0c91569.webp

serf.jpg

Had an idea for armor craft able for The Minmi,

Crafting a shield (wood, metal, riot, tek) can be used as an ingredient to craft special reinforcement armor to The Minmi!

This would rise the Minmis armor making his Health Pool last longer and turn his appearance into a true warrior!