Dragonslayer22

Suggestion

Introducing Shunosaurus, The armored sauropod 

Tags: Mid game, endgame,great weight carrying tame, utility tame, mobile forge, custom art

DISCLAIMER:

PLEASE read through the entire submission before voting for this creature, since there may be mechanics and features you might miss if you vote on design alone. I also encourage you to do this for every other submission you see as well, so you can make a truly educated vote for what you would actually like to see in the game.

A huge thanks to Martian and riskybiscuits for letting me

Adopt this armored fella, this amazing art is by riskybiscuits!

Common Name: Shunosaurus 

Species: Shunosaurus jiangyiensis

Time: Late Jurassic 

Diet: Herbivore 

Temperament: Passive 

Wild: 

“Shunosaurus is a smaller species of Sauropod often found wandering on this apocalypstic earth in small herds they are quite different from most sauropod species due to their shorter necks however to make up for this they have gained a remarkable new adaptation a large bony club at the end of its tail very similar to what the ankylosaurs have. This tail club is incredibly dense and is able to shatter next to anything from stone, metal and the bones of hostile creatures. In spite of its deadly weapon though the shunosaurus is quite passive and will most often ignore other creatures as it cares for its small herd and munches on plantlife.

Domesticated: 

“In order to tame a shunosaurus a survivor must gain it’s trust which is incredibly difficult to do as the shunosaurus pretty much only trusts members of it’s herd the best way I find to get it to trust you is to save it’s life, I once saved a shunosaurus being attacked by a group of defense units and it quickly bonded to me as a result. Once tamed the shunosaurus becomes one of the best creatures around for mining as its large build allows it to carry an insane amount of weight and it’s tail club is incredibly effective at harvesting raw materials. Not to mention it can use a special platform saddle that comes with a built in Industrial forge allowing you to quickly smelt any metal gathered. The shunosaurus also makes for an incredibly powerful defensive mount thanks to it’s incredibly strong tail it can block and parry attacks even being able to send some flying back like a baseball bat hitting a ball.”

Introduction:

Greetings, survivors! I introduce to you the armored sauropod; the shunosaurus!

The foundational ideas and selling points for this ___ include:

Role as a great weight carrying tame

Tanky creature

Herd buff

New status effect

Forge saddle 

Utility tame

Mid - endgame 

Habitat

-Anywhere in the sunken forest biome

-Anywhere in the sanctuary city

Tamed and General things

(Tail whip attack)

-Tail whip attack, the attack has massive range due to the long tail of the Shunosaurus and has a chance to inflict a new status effect.

(Head attack)

-Can swing it’s head to be used as a second blunt force weapon. 

(Bone break)

-Can cause a new status effect bone break this causes the effected creature to be briefly stunned and then move incredibly slowly for a short period of time.

(Tail grab)

-Can grab and throw creatures using it's tail by wrapping it around them similar to how the mammoth can pick up creatures with it's trunk largest creatures it can pick up are Carnos and Chalicos.

(Gathering)

-Can collect resources with it's tail whip attack.

(Herd buff)

-has a new buff similar to the pack buffs of the direwolves and allos this will be called the herd buff and causes the damage resistance of the Shunosauruses to increase and gives them a damage buff and movement speed increase.

(Platform saddle)

-has a Platform saddle but this one comes with a Forge built in so any metal collected can instantly be smelted.

-Can damage stone structures with its tail attack.

-Saddle can melt down items back to their base components such as flak gear back to metal, hide etc.

(Armor)

-Has Bony plates and osteoderms on its back giving it extra damage resistance from behind.

(Element)

-Can crush element ore and convert it into element dust.

(Block)

-Can block and parry attacks using it’s tail bouncing back projectile attacks such as rockets, boulders, magmasaur fireballs etc and countering melee attacks however this attack has a cooldown period to prevent spamming.

(Weight reduction)

-Has a massive weight reduction of 90% on raw materials such as metal, Stone, wood etc.

(Tail slam)

-An attack, where the shunosaurus slams it's tail which causes

more damage depending on the opponent's size.

-Can cause damage to opponents when stomping over them.

-Saddle learned at level 50

Platform/forge saddle level 64

(Items it can gather)

-Resources: Metal, scrap metal, element, element ore,element dust, element shard,and

Obsidian.

Utility & Scenarios:

PvE:The Shunosaurus would be perfect carrying resources across this

desolate wasteland, fighting off any unwanted corrupted opponents. The shunosaurus can 

convert element ore into element dust, and element dust into element. A forge saddle can be used to smelt 

metal.

PvP: The Shunosaurus would be very useful in pvp,such as the things I said in the

pve scenario,it would be a great combat mount breaking opponents bones with its tail,and blocking attacks.

Wild:

The shunosaurus will be in herds of 6 wandering in the sunken forest or city, fighting any

predators that preyed on them, but are docile to survivors unless attacked.

Taming Process:

In order to tame the shunosaurus you must gain it’s trust by saving it from being attacked when you approach it you can feed it veggie cakes the shuno will then take a liking to you and start to follow you however hordes of enemies will begin to arrive and will start to attack the shuno kill all of the attacking creatures and the shuno will be tamed and the more health it has by the end of the horde attack the higher the taming effectiveness will be.

Conclusion:

That about wraps up the shunosaurus, it would be a useful resource carrying mount,

Great battle mount, and a mobile forge.

huge thanks to Martian and riskybiscuits for letting me

Adopt this armored fella,this amazing art is by riskybiscuits!

Have fun, survivors!

Edited by Dragonslayer22
The reason why it that,I need to restart on this submission and add some fixes,the art, and organize it

5 replies to this server topic