Creature Vote Suggestion - Belgian Draft Horse

Spraggz

Suggestion

Hey everyone, 

Long time player, first time poster. I've been keeping up with the creature votes over the last couple months and it has been great to see some really unique creatures come in! I've been trying to figure out if i could have some input into what could possibly be useful or unique enough to draw some attention. I finally came to the decision to make a submission but I need to get in some post before it becomes viable for the creature vote, so I'm doing this in advance in hopes to get some traction on it.

My idea is a beefed up version of the Equus, i love the horses but I'm always at a loss for putting in the effort to tame them outside kinda just having one around. So I've tried to come up with an idea that makes a version of them much more appealing to me, and hopefully something that could work within the realm of the game.

Welcome in the Belgian Draft Horse - Equus Ferus Caballus - Or some other name I can come up with to create some 

The idea would be to have a Carriage as a part of its saddle, that holds up to 2 horses - each horse bringing more speed and power. and the carriage itself becomes an all in one, Smithy access at the back and a portable sleeping bag, creating a makeshift portable base ( switching to "parked/turret mode ). I see this as being super unique being the only creature/tame that would work concurrently with another one the same saddle/carriage. 

The horses would build speed as you ride along and become an unstoppable force, doing massive knockback, light-medium damage, acting as a battering ram forcing its way out of harsh situations or smashing through potential road blocks (some structure damage and resource destruction). The better quality saddle/carriage the more ram damage it will do 

The sizing would be much bigger than the Equus that is currently roaming the plains of current Arks similar to the sense of how a Clydesdale is massive compared to modern day horses (which are always much bigger than they seem to be from the get go haha) 

My inspiration comes from that of the movie Van Helsing, and i think it would fit in quite well within the realm of Fjordur as we have the Vampire Bat Desmodus acting almost like that of the vampires from the movie. I've attached some reference pictures for some context but will be putting my own spin on the design in the next week or so, so hopefully I can give you all bit more of a better idea of what I'm imagining. (NOTE - I DONT OWN ANY OF THE RIGHTS TO THESE PICTURES, THEY ARE MEARLY BEING USED FOR CONTEXT)
Happy to include input from others at this stage and hopefully make something unique that everyone can get around. 

render.jpg

Action Shot.jpg

Edited by Spraggz

2 replies to this server topic