Shantungosaurus-The travelers hadrosaur rex.

trucurtis

Suggestion

Species: Shantungasaurus Giganteus

Time: Late Cretaceous 

Temperate: Aggressive 

Diet: Herbivore

This large hadrosaur has been posted in many other votes as a enormous fighting machine of which i haven't completely changed but have adapted to the center and for a more fitting dino for ark survival ascended.

Although this beast is heavy and larger than a rex in almost every way and there for making it atleast on par with the mighty tyrant king. My plan for this creature may not quite be completely realistic but why should it be? it's Ark! 

The Shant is the largest hadrosaur -or what we know- and was rather aggressive so it'd attack you on sight (similar agro range to a diplo). It only attacks carnivores smaller than it . The hadrosaur attacks by charging on it back legs to stomp or just running after you -the later being more common- .

The aggressive hadrosaur would only fight a rex or allo (even with players on) when they attack first due to it not being hyper aggressive as it wouldn't be any sort realistic or related to the somewhat tempered behavior.

STATS LVL 1

HP: 1600 

STAM: 500

WIEGHT: 1500

FOOD: 3000

OXYGEN: 300

SPEED: 100 (on part with an allo) water speed= (on part with a baryonyx)

DAMAGE:

BITE (LEFT CLICK) : 35

TAIL HIT (RIGHT CLICK) :40

STOMP (CTRL TO GO ON HIND LEGS AND RIGHT C TO STOMP) : 90

TAMING

This beast is not a normal knockout tame as you need to place a wall and make it charge at you , once it is near the wall make a tight turn and it'll skid into the wall making it dizzy and dealing torpor.  If it does the stomp attack it can break your walls so you'll have to shoot it's legs making it fall into quadrupedal stance.

Once KO'ed you can feed it berries , veg or kibble which it prefers exceptional kibble.

ABILITIES

The Shant is a very large creature so you can upgrade it's saddle by adding a attachment which places a box onto it's back which can be upgraded from thatch to wood or stone or metal. Upon this is the way it travels around as you can attach any large turret or ballista/catapult and the ballista can shoot the new carbon fiber grappling hook which can help it climb up steep surfaces.

Although I'm a terrible drawer and can barely draw a stickman arm I have found some images which could help present what I'm saying (none are mine)

Image result for Shantungosaurus Giganteus Standing up stance and quadrupedal 

Image result for 1x1 ark house with ballista on This is what a ballista on it would look like

ADDED NOTES

Saddle alone=5 armor  1x

Thatch hut on top=15 armor 3x

wood hut on top=20 armor 4x

Stone hut on top=25 armor 5x

Metal  hut on top=30 armor 6x

in drop you can find saddles which go up to 1/7 of max armor but when you upgrade it is multiplied by either 1 , 3 , 4 , 5 or 6x dependent on the saddle material

In conclusion I believe this would be a great addition for the center and it'd be another option for the boss fight and it'd be another somewhat possible "meta" creature so people would actually go one the center for this hyper herbivore.

Hope you liked my suggestion

Tru :) 

Edited by trucurtis

3 replies to this server topic