Archaeoindris Fontoynonti, a noble giant

monkz

Suggestion

Ark Name: Archaeoindri Maxibrazo

Wild:

There is nothing equal to the maxibrazo archaeoindri, despite their large size they are just as peaceful as they are imposing, they are the noble giants of the Center. The fact that they look like 3-meter stuffed animals does not mean that you can approach and hug them as if nothing had happened, because they are somewhat territorial, they are like giant lemurs but with a behavior similar to that of mountain gorillas living in groups where there is a dominant male that cares for them. the females and their young which overprotect either the male using his abominable strength to be a lemur or the females with their poisonous bite.

domesticated:

It is rare to see domesticated archaeoindris since they hide in the thick jungles or in the tops of the redwood trees, so having one is not an easy task, also taking into account its resistance to toxins and poisons.

Well, lemurs are very interesting creatures and several things occurred to me. Since it is the decision of those in charge of the creatures keep or devise the concepts assuming that the archaeoindris can be taken into account, I will leave the ideas that I have in mind separately, the main thing that is as a definitive vision of the lemur and the secondary thing that is like ideas that although I am not entirely convinced, I think it is important to mention everything.

What I propose for the archaeoindris would be mainly that the females differ from the males by being able to inject toxins, something similar to the loris. This indri poison could have several uses, obviously it would raise the level of unconsciousness of the creatures it bites. From the first concepts I thought that its toxin could be extracted and combined with normal tranquilizer darts or jellyfish toxin, what normal darts would do would be to lower the hunger of the creature in order to be able to tame some creatures more easily, however it would not go up the level of unconsciousness as a normal dart would, while darts with jellyfish toxin would both raise unconsciousness and lower hunger. An example in case I didn't make myself understand, suppose you have normal darts with indri toxin, you use them on a creature you want to tame but apart from reducing its hunger with those darts, you'll have to use others that don't have that indri toxin to knock out the creature in question. Now, if you use darts with the indri and jellyfish toxins, you will no longer need to use other darts as these will sleep and lower the creature's hunger at the same time.

That with the females, for the males I have thought that they are pure brute force, they would have two exclusive abilities based on this. Charging against structures or animals in a similar way to gorillas, this attack will launch creatures and characters with a fairly strong push. And the other ability is to throw projectiles like the chalicotherium, only unlike them, the indri will have to have the projectiles in their saddle, something like the bullets of the andrewsarchus minigun. The ammunition you will need will be cannonballs, chain balls, and crossbow harpoons.

Males and females will be able to climb both Redwood trees, mountains and structures. They will jump quite high and fast, something like the transformed ferox but with an animation obviously more of a lemur like the sifaka.

In the secondary, it's not much, but to give the team more ideas, in the first concepts of the indri I thought about the ability to emit very loud noises that scare creatures, something like the yutyrannus, since the noises of the lemurs in in reality they are very loud and can be heard for miles, so my guess is that a giant lemur obviously must have made really scary sounds. These roars or howls, in order not to be a recycling of the yuty, I suggest that instead of scaring or increasing the strength of the creatures, they help domestication by making animals that do not exceed the size of the indri docile. And speaking of its size, it could be between the size of a gacha and a megatherium.

Another secondary ability would be immunity to narcotics, this based on the strength of the males and the females' production of their own toxin.

Going on to domestication, I don't know how I could tame the archaeoindris by conventional means such as knocked out or passive, if you try to put the indri to sleep the darts won't do anything to it and you'll only earn a death text from the lemur, and if you try to tame it passively the same, if you get close to him he won't do anything to you, but if you want to force him to eat the archaeoindris he will force you to leave. To tame it, it will be necessary to create a special bamboo food filled with narcotics which you will throw on the ground and the indri will automatically eat it, raising its unconsciousness little by little until it becomes weak and although it will not fall asleep, it will turn quite docile so you can tame it by giving it food up close.

One reason I think it would be a great creature for the Center is that the forests and jungles that cover so much of the map feel very empty.And if they take into account the archaeoindris with the talent of who designs the reviews it would be magnificent.

PD: Sorry if there are badly written things. English is not my language

If you got to this point I want to thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion, I hope you liked it and give this creature a chance

I add an image that I made for now to help with game design

Screenshot_20230804-190635-039.png

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet